Went there for a night on spring break, mostly to give the kids a day of pool fun.
The pool is not the best, it is a rectangle and has no sallow end, and not very big. It is about 4.5 feet depth throughout, so that's not great for smaller kids. And nice and warm, which is much more comfortable for kida. There's a kiddies pool and a hot tub. But the much better attraction is the pirates cove play area, the kids loved it. Lots of nice and comfortable seating areas for the parents.
Comparing it to candinns and clarion as a place to take the kids, it would depend on how much your kids really want to go swimming.
Kids eat free at the restaurant, which isn't anything great but ok. Lots of restaurant options nearby, subway, keg, Boston pizza all across th street. Also nice having a shoppers drug mart across th street.
I remember when it was th old birchwood inn, and the only trace of the 80s is the fish tanks in the elevator. Which I hope they keep, they're great. Rooms are smallish, but comfortable. And very quiet, considering it was spring break and crawling with kids. Nice quality televisions.
Only complaint is the housekeeping. Our room was not cleaned up completely, and that's a big strike against.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Completely Renovated Holiday Inn Winnipeg Airport West hotel is located 3 miles (5 km) east of Winnipeg By-Pass Hwy #101 on Trans Canada Hwy #1, 2520 Portage Avenue. We have just completed a brand new makeover with a new look and feel to our 194 guest rooms, 16 Junior Suites and 18 one-bedroom suites including 2 suites which feature a Jetted tub. All guest accommodations feature in-room Keurig coffee makers, fridge, microwave, 37" Flat Screen TV's, cable TV with redesigned working desk area complete with computer access & 2 2-line phones. Wireless high-speed Internet. Open concept Licensed restaurant & lounge complete with 9 big screen TV's. Same day valet laundry service (Mon-Fri) plus coin operated washer/dryer facilities. Complimentary 24 hour transportation to/from Airport & Polo Park Shopping Centre. Free underground heated parking as well as surface parking. Business centre located in the main lobby. Meeting & function space available for groups of 2 - 350 persons. Our hotel is within driving distance to the Assiniboia Downs Race Track, Assiniboine Park & Zoo, Club Regent & McPhillips Casinos, Centennial Concert Hall, Forks Market, Manitoba Museum, MTS Centre, Western Canada Aviation Museum, Winnipeg Legislative Grounds & The Winnipeg Blue Bombers Football Stadium (all a must see when visiting Winnipeg). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Winnipeg - Airport West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Winnipeg - Airport West Hotel Winnipeg
- Winnipeg Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Winnipeg - Airport West Manitoba