Holiday Inn Winnipeg - Airport West
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$104
$147
$86
$82
Agoda.com
All reviewsplay structurekids eat freeboston pizzapirates coveunderground parkingping pongpool arealife jacketsfamily friendly hotelportage avefront desk staffhotel restaurantbedroom suiterooms are cleanpull out couchhot tubfull kitchen
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 29, 2012

The property is a little dated but the rooms look decent enough. Flat TVs. Friendly staff. No free coffee here. Would have gotten a 4 rating if the internet wasn't so horrible. Had to re-log in every 10 minutes or so and it was SO SLOW and erratic. Once in a short while you get a burst of decent speed but it only lasts a very short time… I'd stay here again but I'd advise if you need to rely on internet access for anything look elsewhere otherwise like I said it's a decent enough place.

Pool/play center was a blast for the kids! Salt water pool is nice on the eyes for all!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MachineGuy
Reviewed June 21, 2012

This hotel has been around for awhile..a long while but it is worth staying at. Staff are very helpful. Rooms are nice, clean and internet is very good and that isn't always the case with this chain.
I'm not sure about the other comments on here. I think the food is good. For those who couldn't understand where the menu was going....go spend 200+ a night at the westin and have your haute cuisine.
This hotel is an old standard for a business traveler. It's close to the airport if needed. It's close to the perimeter in the west end if you need to get to the other side of town or need to go out of town as part of your trip and the price is reasonable.

Room Tip: I prefer the executive floors. It's quiet and you get a breakfast voucher worth 6.99 towards your breakfast.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank westcanguy
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I admit to being anxious about staying at this property as a pulled in from the airport. It is clearly dated, and I started thinking about how terrible my stay was going to be. I was pleasantly and happily wrong.

The hotel is dated and tired, true, but everything works pretty much as it should. My room on the 15th floor is clean and comfortable, and housekeeping is just fantastic with leaving the bed the way I like it and the way they tidy up in general. (The fiber-fill pillows aren't great, but they'll do.) There are plenty of electrical outlets for charging all my equipment. As another reviewer wrote, it's nice having a balcony and being able to let in fresh air.

The internet worked perfectly in my room, but was a little spotty in the restaurant. Speaking of which, I ate all my meals in the restaurant, and the food I had was good.

The staff seem to take great pride in this property, which is what really makes it shine despite its age. I regularly saw a groundskeeper emptying the ashtray up front, maintenance staff would hold elevator doors open for you, etc.

While I would suggest getting some better-quality pillows, and maybe a better chair for the workstation, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank MisterBungle
Reviewed May 27, 2012

we stayed at this Holiday Inn back in Jan 2012 and the hotel staff at check in were extremely friendly and helpful. We discovered that this hotel has a courtesy shutlle that will take you to polo park mall or areas around the hotel and pick you up, which saved us money instead of using a cab. the room was clean but unfortunately when we stayed the pool area was under complete renovation so we had no access to these facilities. I liked it so much that I have booked a return stay this upcoming Jun for one week and cannot wait to utilize the brand new pool facilities. One other item which is worth noting is the food in the downstair lounge (fantastic!) along with very fast/friendly service.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank KatnJon
Reviewed May 15, 2012

My husband and I spent 3 nights in this hotel , and have booked again for a stay in August.
The room was lovely, the service was excellent, the food was great, and the Staff were fabulous!

I recommend this hotel to everyone if you are planning a trip to Winnipeg. The location is great - close to restaurants, shopping, walking distance to coffee shops and restaurants, and overall, a "great" hotel!!

Room Tip: The top 3 floors have rooms with Balconies - the view is of the Downtown and city view! Faces East, so the morning Sun was lovely! The room was very quiet, large and sunny! It has been newly renovated in the main areas, the lobby, restaurant and bar - very nice! The rooms may be a bit "older", but very clean and comfy!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family