Holiday Inn Winnipeg - Airport West
$95
Victoria Inn(Winnipeg)
$102
$99
All reviewsplay structurekids eat freeboston pizzapirates coveunderground parkingping pongpool arealife jacketsfamily friendly hotelportage avefront desk staffhotel restaurantbedroom suiterooms are cleanpull out couchhot tubfull kitchen
Reviewed January 27, 2012

I was in Winnipeg on business with Air Command (17 Wing) from Jan 16 to Jan 21, 2012. I booked this hotel for the location to the Base. When I booked my room, I used my credit card for the booking. When I arrived at the hotel I decided to pay for my room upfront with cash intead. About halfway through my week's stay I received a message on the phone in my room from my family with the instructions that I needed to call them back as soon as possible. I tried to make the call from my room and realized that I couldn't make a long distance call. So then I decided to call my family collect, which again I was met with not being able to make the long distance COLLECT call. I called the front desk to ask why I was not able to make a collect call and I was told that I paid cash for my room so I couldn't make any form of long distance call whether it was collect or not, and that I had to go down to the front desk with my credit card so that they could charge it $50.00 so I could make my collect call. I explained to the front desk that they had my credit card info from when I booked the room. That wasn't good enough. My question is, why do you need a credit card to make a COLLECT call??????? Especially when you already have my credit card number on file. I was never able to make my call from my room, so I had to wait until the next day to call collect from the Base. Also, the computer access that they have in the lobby is terrible, very old computer which doesn't work properly. The restaurant is somewhat expensive for what it is, and there is a very poor dinner selection on the menu. Also while I was there the pool was under construction. Rooms were noisy, especially since you could hear every toilet flush and shower run.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jack999_10
Reviewed November 28, 2011

The staff at the hotel was very friendly and helpful and the rooms were clean. Underground parking was very nice because it was snowing and icy. The fish tanks in the elevators were cool. The hotel could use updating everywhere.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
jbmcha, Manager at Holiday Inn Winnipeg - Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2011

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your most recent stay with us. We are extremely pleased that you found your stay comfortable and memorable.

I do appreciate your comments and would like to tell you we have completed the renovation to our state of the art fitness room and we will be finished the complete renovation of our pool and Captain Cannon Play Structure by January.

I would like to thank you again for your comments and look forward to you return visit.

Bruce MacKay

Reviewed November 15, 2011

We recently drove to Alberta and stayed at the Holiday Inn near the Airport in Winnipeg on our way. We'd been driving all day, it was late and we didn't have reservations. The staff were friendly and very helpful. We quickly had a very clean and comfortable room and later enjoyed a meal in the hotel restaurant.

The staff were very efficient, made us feel welcome. I'd have no hesitation staying there again.

Room Tip: Try one of the VIP floors. Very quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Don S
jbmcha, General Manager at Holiday Inn Winnipeg - Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2011

Good Afternoon Don,

i would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. we work very hard to ensure all of our guests are comfortable and well taken care of. i am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to the opportunity to host you again in the future.

Happy Holidaying.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

Hotel is clean and quiet. (except near the pool) Restaurant food is very good, although a bit pricey. Front desk staff are pleasant and helpful when booking airport shuttles or for local information.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 14, 2011

The windows in the room look like they hadn't been cleaned in years, cobweb and dozens of dead spiders, lady bugs etc. Odd since everything else appeared clean. I don't understand why a housekeeper wouldn't just run a vacuum along the edge. This was the only real issue and I inspected the room extremely well based on another reviewer's bed bug story.
One other small complaint is the fishbowls in the elevators, very tacky. I'm not a PETA member by any means but you almost feel bad for the unhealthy looking little creatures smacking up against the glass every time the elevator stops at a floor.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business