“Nice hotel”

Ranked #30 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Lloydminster Alberta
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed August 3, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights I didn't go with great expecations as one of my collegues who recently moved from Winnipeg told me this hotel was in the middle of nowwhere. I was plesantly suprised to find out it wasn't there was plenty of selection for meal choices and with the river close by there was tons of places to walk. I also found a grocery store within walking distance. This hotel has an excellent fitness area and the pool looked great I didn't try it, there also was a playland for young children. My only complaint was the nights I did have neighbours on the connecting door side it would get loud in my room ( they need to look at making these doors more soundproof).

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
San Diego, California
Reviewed August 3, 2011

Outstanding reception staff...very kind, efficient and helpful in every respect...same as the staff in the restaurant and same with the housekeeping staff.
I found the hotel just a bit worn...room I stayed in could use a touch up but nothing that I can't live with.
As a platinum member, I almost always get vouchers for free breakfast but not at this Holiday Inn.
Location was great....didn't seem to be best neighborhood in Winnipeg but the hotel felt very secure. Plenty of parking and easy access.
Only negative comment I can make is that the restaurant coffee is among the worst coffee I've ever tasted.
Good shopping in the area if you need Wal Mart, Staples or the usual chain stores. Traffic pretty reasonable and free shuttle only 10 mintues from the airport.
Definitely will stay here again cause the price was pretty good for what you get....

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Carberry, Manitoba
Reviewed July 15, 2011

Stayed here with my family on a move out West. We were very pleased with the quality of service provided at the front desk, especially when you walk into a fancy lobby after a 15-hr drive in cutoff jeans and a ratty old t-shirt and they still treat you like a customer. The beds were very comfy. The room was clean. unfortunately we did not get a chance to try out the pool but the kids really liked the fish in the elevator.

Traveling with a 3-year old I sometimes find it difficult to make a reservation for 5 to a room (not going to book 2 rooms because we have a toddler), but I was pleased that there were no issues making this arrangement right on their website without having to deny the existance of my youngest. Bonus marks for that.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Charlottetown, Canada
Reviewed July 10, 2011

We had a great experience - above and beyond all expectations in comparison to other Holiday Inn hotels we've stayed at. Price was great, food was good in the restaurant (we had breakfast there only, and while the price is can be a bit high, the portions are large), and options included things like skillets and eggs benedict - among many others. Room was clean, toiletries from Bath and Bodyworks, super friendly staff with many trimmings (including the offer of a free shuttle to a local downtown location). Pirate's Cove in the pool room is a huge activity centre for kids that goes way beyond anything I've seen before (particularly for the price). Very clean, great stay all around. Also very quiet.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Ste. Rose du Lac, Canada
Reviewed May 26, 2011

My husband and I stayed here March and the room was good clean and quite. There was a bit of peeling paint in the bathroom by the shower but overall the room was good. The amenities were a little disappointing. We went to the pool and hot tub it was crowded. There was an advertisement for steam room which I wanted to use but we were told when they renovated it was removed :(. When we arrived our reserved room was not ready so they upgraded our room to a king room for the same price. The staff was awesome it’s close to many restaurants, and shops. For the price you pay its not bad and we would stay again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
waterloo
Reviewed April 22, 2011

I have stayed here in the past and have been satisfied with this property, but the service was beyond expectations this time. I had travelled to Winnipeg for business and was looking forward to a quiet relaxing day after my meetings. Lo and behold, it was march break in Winnipeg and adorable little kids were everwhere, from the pool to lobby to restaurant. They were well behaved, but I was looking for quiet. The hotel staff relocated me to a more quiet floor and the overall service and attitude were exemplary. Thanks again for your consideration.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank edulinx
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed March 18, 2011

Spent two nights and really have nothing negative . quiet rooms translate to a good sleep. comfortable beds .

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business