“Nice city center location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Fairmont Winnipeg

The Fairmont Winnipeg
Ranked #7 of 65 Hotels in Winnipeg
“Nice city center location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is a very nice property with some old school charm. The rooms are good sized and nicely fitted. If you have work or play in the downtown exchange area this is a great place to stay. And the ballpark is close also.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Pascale R, Executive Office at The Fairmont Winnipeg, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you for your review! We are very fortunate with our hotel and its fantastic location, especially in regards to sporting facilities. We have the Goldeyes field for baseball and MTS centre for ice hockey both within walking distance.
Executive Office

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

This is a very nice, is up to Fairmont standards. It is located in the heart of a large city. Parking can be valet or self park, we chose the latter in the adjacent garage as we only had carry-on luggage. The room was elegant and comfortable. We dined in the bar area, as we were travelling casual, and the restaurant looked more formal than we were dressed. From the bar menu we had two wonderful sharing dishes. The first was a plate of pierogies, as there is a strong Ukrainian and Polish influence in the city. They were wonderful, and worth a trip back. For a shared dessert we had a sticky toffee pudding, which was spectacular. Would definitely order again.

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for sharing such thorough feedback. I am delighted to note that you enjoyed your stay and were make use of our convenient parking and enjoy our menu. We strive to serve food that reflects the city and is authentically local. Our pierogies are some of our best sellers and the sticky toffee pudding is my personal favorite.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Our second experience with the Urban Escape package. The location of the hotel is excellent but it's the staff that makes this a memorable stay. Our server, Rod, in the restaurant is always a highlight of our visit.

Thank 04750 .
We always appreciate receiving such positive feedback on our colleagues. Rod is someone who frequently receives accolades for his exceptional service. Thank you for taking the time to write to us and I will be sure to share your comments with Rod and the rest of our food and beverage team.
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My wife and I recently stayed for one night in the Fairmont Winnipeg with our dog as a pit stop on a drive across Canada. A great experience! A beautiful room, great location, and delicious food from both room service and the main floor restaurant. Close to many sights in downtown Winnipeg. The fish and chips from room service and the french toast at breakfast are great!

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Thank you, Shawn, for sharing your feedback on your recent stay. I am delighted that you and your dog were made to feel so comfortable. We truly believe we serve some of the most delicious food in the city and I am pleased you were able to experience this when you ordered the fish and chips and French toast. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I had a great experience during my visit to the hotel, I had a warm greeting the moment I arrived to the hotel, then I was asked to proceed to the gold floor recieption to complete my check-in process. There I was informed that I got an upgrade to the royal suite due to A/C issue at my originally booked one bedroom suite (with no additional cost). Hotel staff in general were very attentive and keen to make sure that guest stay is meeting his expectations. The suite was very spacious and comfortable. The only thing is that the hotel building in overall is getting a bit worn and requires renovation.

In overall my main selection criteria for the fairmont hotel is based on its brand reputation, and it was a pleasant experience.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
It sounds like you had a fantastic stay and I am glad you were able to enjoy our Fairmont Gold facilities. I am pleased to share that we are currently undergoing renovations to our Fairmont Gold floor, as well as several key areas around the hotel. I look forward to sharing these refreshing new enhancements with you in the future.
London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

This is a fairly typical hotel for business travellers visiting Winnipeg. It's location is decently central, staff are quick, efficient, and polite, and the decor of the hotel is nice, but getting a bit worn.

Beds are large and comfortable, and rooms are large and spacious.

Overall a decent hotel, so a good place if work takes you to Winnipeg.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your feedback. I’m pleased that you find this hotel ideal for business and I am excited to announce that we are currently undergoing renovations to the hotel to refresh several key areas. I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future to view our new product.
East St Paul
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I would like to preface this by saying that the Fairmont isn't awful by any stretch, it's just disappointing for the money paid. Small rooms, small showers, small lukewarm hot tub, and the room was lacking things that are a given in other hotels, such as a hairdryer.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars

1 Thank J D
Pascale R, Executive Office at The Fairmont Winnipeg, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
JD, I was disappointed to learn that the service was not up to your expectations and that you did not feel you received value for price paid. Please accept my sincere apologies. I can assure you that I have followed up with our team in regards to some of the issues you encountered. All our rooms are equipped with hairdryers and I do apologize one was not made more readily available. If you would like to discuss your stay further, please contact me at Pascale.rocher@fairmont.com.