“Not happy”

Ranked #7 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Toronto, Canada
“Not happy”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I have to say it was hit and miss on the staff most of them were friendly and some were just rude

Not a friendly hotel for families this place is for business and conventions I have stayed in several hotels that would treat the little ones like gold. This is not the case at this hotel it was as if we were a burden on them.

I will say that the person that replies for this hotel comments on only the positive reviews and does not address the negative ones

I am returning to Winnipeg in August and I will be staying somewhere else

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Pascale R, Executive Office at Fairmont Winnipeg, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with our hotel. I would like to sincerely apologize for any difficulties you encountered in regards to our staff. We strive to provide guests with service that is warm, sincere and engaging. This service promise should be extended to children as well. I am sorry that in your case we missed the mark. If you have any further comments or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and we can discuss the. Once again I apologize for that you stay was not as enjoyable as it should have been. I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to The Fairmont Winnipeg in future.

Executive Office

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

This was my second Fairmont Gold upgrade. Compared to my first Fairmont Gold stay at the Queen E in Montreal, the evening canapés was extremely disappointing with very limited food choices and some items having run out even though the lounge room was nearly empty.

Despite this, the breakfast selection was much better in terms of variety and quality of food. The staff were super helpful and friendly and the room was quiet and comfortable. And the hotel is within walking distance of the Forks and all downtown attractions.

• Stayed April 2013
Diana T, Executive office at Fairmont Winnipeg, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience on your recent stay with The Fairmont Winnipeg. I was disappointed to hear that you found our Fairmont Gold food to be unsatisfactory. Please accept my sincere apologies and be assured that your comments will be taken into consideration as we move forward to satisfy the changing demands of our clientele and their purpose for travel.
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the Fairmont Gold breakfast offerings. I am excited to announce that we are working with our Executive Chef Jeremy Langemann to completely change our evening canapés. The evening menu will now reflect the local offerings as well as some of the featured items on our restaurant menu.
Thank you again for visiting the Fairmont Winnipeg and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This past weekend we found out that my boyfriend had to work through for the next year instead of getting time off I phoned the fairmount and booked on there gold floor. There was great staff to talked to and tried to help find thing to do in winnipeg. Upon our arrival we were informed that we had been upgraded to the 20th floor in there largest suite they had at no extra cost. When I got to our room I was on tears upon looking at such a room and cried a couple times through dinner.i also played on the grand piano till my fingers hurt :) For not being able to go on the vacation we had booked the fairmount went out of there way to help us have a great night. We will always be greatful to the 5 staff member who made our weekend. They even left us a little personalized note which ment so much to us. We will defiantly stay with them the next time we are in. Great work guys and if management ever reads this. those 5 staff members need a raise :)

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Diana T, Executive office at Fairmont Winnipeg, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for feedback on your recent stay in Fairmont Gold at The Fairmont Winnipeg. Our goal is to make our guests stay memorable, special, and more than just a few nights in the hotel. I am so glad that you got to experience the luxury of suites and the personal touches added by our Fairmont Gold team. It was a pleasure to having you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Canada
Reviewed April 29, 2013

What a fabulous hotel. From the minute you drive up, you are treated wonderfully. The valets are so friendly. The check in staff is wonderful. Although there was a lengthy line behind me, the lady at check in took the time to make sure I had the directions I required to the MTS Center. Our room was absolutely perfect with the best linens by far. My favourite was the Rose 31 Shampoo and Conditioner. This is a wonderful line exclusive to the Fairmont. I will gladly stay here again and have already booked my next stay in May.

Room Tip: We had a room facing towards the city and it was beautiful.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Diana T, Executive Office at Fairmont Winnipeg, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review of The Fairmont Winnipeg. Luxurious linens and specialty products are part of the service we provide to make our guests feel relaxed and welcome. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed these aspects of your stay so much. Thank you for choosing The Fairmont Winnipeg and we look forward to welcoming you back in May.

London, Canada
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while on business from March 17 to March 22, 2013.

Room: This time around I had a one bedroom suite which was amazing. Nicest room I have seen anywhere. It had a bedroom with a very comfortable king bed and a flat screen TV and bathroom. It also had a living room separated by a door with a sofa bed, desk, chairs, another TV and another full bathroom. Very impressive. I had no complaints about the room whatsoever, everything worked well including the internet access for which there was no additional charge.

Service: As mentioned in my other reviews, the service here is exceptional. All other hotels pale in comparison. They anticipate your every need such as calling to ask if you need anything extra like hangers or amenities. They also call every time you order room service to make sure your dinner was ok and then do a little extra by asking if you need a wake up call or anything else. The staff is professional and friendly and I don’t know how they remember but they address all the guests by name.

Food: The food was very good both in the lounge, the dining room and room service. Service is quick for all of them as well. The only suggestion I would have is to add some simple items to the room service menu such as a pasta dish or a pizza.
I would definitely (and will) stay at this hotel again and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your glowing review on our hotel. We strive to turn our guests’ moments into memories and make them feel valued and welcome. I am so glad to hear that you were able to enjoy this service. Our rooms have recently been renovated and it’s wonderful to hear that they have been received so positively. We are looking forward to welcoming you back our hotel in the future.

Regina
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Checked into the Fairmont Winnipeg today. Hadn't stayed here for almost 10 years as I had a bad experience back then.

Got a good rate on the Internet as I was staying Fri-Sat nights, as I'm always up for second chances.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Can't stress enough...the staff is excellent!

They directed me to the parkade which I must stress is not underground. I may as well of not rented a car. It was a good 10 minute walk from the parkade to my room. Through an underground mall up an escalator to the elevators and then to your floor!

As I said, I obtained my room over the Internet but I am also a Presidents Club member with the Fairmont.

I got to my room....at the end of the hall.....across from the Sales and Catering office!

The room....in my estimation would be under the Fairmont standards.

The carpeting was worn and tearing up by the washroom. The toilet seat was so loose...I didn't know when I sat down whether I was staying on or not! Hoping for an eight count!!!

I normally stay at the Delta and after this, will probably go back as their doubles are queens and if I'm paying $18-20.00 a night for parking....I'd rather it be underground.

Winnipeg is not known for great hotels. Supposedly they are building 4 new ones.....can't wait, as I think the ones that are here have become very complacent!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank SkSales
Thank you for your feedback regarding your last visit to the Fairmont Winnipeg, we are always pleased to welcome return visitors. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you felt the parking caused you. We are conveniently located next door to undercover parking and can be reached using the concourse under the hotel. In regards to your room, I have notified the relevant department heads to follow up on the issues you experienced so that they do not occur again. I am also happy to announce that our rooms have been recently renovated and refurbished to provide our guests with the highest levels of comfort. I am happy to hear that you found our staff so friendly and accommodating. I hope that you will consider staying at The Fairmont Winnipeg on your next visit to the city.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We stayed 3 nights over the past weekend and were most impressed with the warm, friendly and attentive service. It was very responsive without being stuffy or haughty. We stayed on the concierge level and had wonderful full breakfasts each morning as well as enjoying the honor bar and hor d'ourvres in the evening. The stay was very restful. The only change I would make would be to select a room further from the elevators.

Room Tip: Chose a room away from the elevators and if you can the concierge level is first class.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Diana T, Executive Office at Fairmont Winnipeg, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent experience on Fairmont Gold at the Winnipeg Fairmont. I'm glad to hear that you found your stay relaxing and were able to enjoy some of the complimentary features of Fairmont Gold, like our delicious canapes. I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to our hotel soon.