“Love this Hotel”

Ranked #8 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Winnipeg, Canada
“Love this Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

I have stayed here a few times, most recently in January.
This hotel always offers me an excellent rate for the room I get.
We used the valet parking, which I recommend. It's a pain to park yourself and it's only about $25.00 that they add to your bill at check out.
My last stay, I requested a room with a king size bed, which I received. We were on a higher floor, which I am fine with. We checked in early, with complete intentions of just relaxing all night.
The beds are incredibly large and comfortable and the room is good enough for a getaway night. Nice bathroom as well, with all your regular amenities.
You can upgrade to a club room for additional amenities.

This hotel is close to the convention centre and MTS centre, as well as many restaurants and shops (all within walking distance). I have stayed here to attend a concert as well, and it is about 5 minute walk to MTS centre.

Did not even have to go to front desk to check out, I just filled out a form in the room. Call valet about 15 minutes before you want to leave to give them time to get your vehicle.

I would recommend for couples, families and solo travellers. Very convenient hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room as we found ours very quiet and did not hear a thing all night.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank anarock_travel
Diana T, Executive Office at The Fairmont Winnipeg, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. An excellent stay is what we strive for with each guest and we are happy that yours was enjoyable. A few upcoming winter activities in Winnipeg are the Festival du Voyageur and The WAG Century art exhibit at the Winnipeg Art Gallery. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

204-985-6204

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Brandon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

I would without hesitation recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Winnipeg. Good location, within walking distance to downtown stores.
And if the weather is not to your liking you can take the underground passage leading directly to tha mall downtown.
The staff is doing amazing job, always extremely polite, accomodating and friendly. The rooms are specious, elegant and very clean. Swimming pool good size, with a lovely view of the city.The formal dining room is lovely and serves very fine meals, service is not intrusive. Besides the formal dining room the hotel provides bar where less expensive meal can be ordered. I always feel so pampered

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to annouce the launch of our NEW menus in both our Velvet Glove Dining Room and the Lounge at The Fairmont. We look forward to welcoming you back to try our authenically local food offerings.

Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Night 1- Queen size bed, ok decor, only lamp in corner of room that had no light did not work, very scratched up desk, dark stains on bathroom floor(hope it wasn't blood at some point), toilet did not flush and when it finally did it kept running because the flapper wasn't fully closed(fixed it myself), caution: water can get extremely HOT after running for awhile(1-2 mins), wine opener and tea options missing from bar, tv slow when changing channels, heat worked great but don't open the curtains in the summer as the cold air comes crashing in and cancelling out the heat, and front desk staff was nice at showing me all the places to visit, even though everything is closed on the weekend(half sarcasm), items described on the menu sound great but prices on menu for restaurant=scary...

Night 2- Two double beds, one of which was placed directly in front of the heater blocking the heat from circulating on a -35 night, heater worked when it wanted to and only put out hot air half the time, bathroom was great until I pulled out the flimsy hairdryer that wouldn't stay straight(you'll see what I mean when you give it a try). Since everything was closed on the weekend and not a whole lot was within walking distance at -35 weather I gave the restaurant,(which only offers breakfast until 1130 then closes and you can only get food from the lounge) a try for breakfast. I was offered coffee or juice instantly thinking it might have been complimentary but was not followed by ordering three mini pancakes instead of big ones so that I could get eggs and bacon. Received a very bland tasting plate of food with small portions along with my bill at the same time. The waitress didn't even check to see if food was ok until about 25 mins later. Bill totaling $25(tip included).
Can't really say anything was worth it, sorry Fairmont.

1 Thank Michelle_3m
Thank you for your feedback. We were sorry to hear that you did not enjoy all aspects of your recent stay. We have recently completed renovations to 82 of our guestrooms including new bathrooms, amenities, and decor. We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to experience these guestroom upgrades. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please contact me directly at 204-985-6204 or email Diana.Toovey@Fairmont.com.

London, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stayed here from November 25 to December 7 while away on business. I will separate my review into categories for easier reading :-)

Check in:
Very quick and efficient, no wait at all and my room was ready on arrival which was greatly appreciated (it was before check in time)

Room:
The room was a good size with a very comfortable king bed - the pillows are the best out of any hotel I have stayed at. There is a large flat screen TV, a work desk, a mini bar with a good selection and a keurig machine with milk and creamers replaced daily in the fridge. The bathroom was well appointed with all the expected amenities and the shower had a rain shower head which was great. The bathroom was very small but served it's purpose. I had asked for a quiet location and my request was met - I slept better at the Fairmont than I sleep at home :-)

Food:
I had the opportunity to eat at the lounge, the main restaurant (The Velvet Glove) as well as order room service and tried a variety of different things. I really enjoyed all of my meals with the exception of one dinner that I order from room service but it must have just been an off night because all other meals were excellent.

Service:
This is where the hotel really shines. From the front desk staff to housekeeping to room service you just couldn't ask for more. Housekeeping called several times during my stay to see if I needed anything at all e.g. extra hangers or amenities. Whenever I ordered room service they always called about an hour later to see if I wanted anything else and check how the meal was. The front desk staff were all so pleasant and helpful. No complaints with the level of service at all.

I was extremely pleased with my stay and would highly recommend this hotel to others. I will definitely stay in a Fairmont hotel whenever possible when traveling for both business and pleasure.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind words of our staff that provided such exceptional service during your stay. Your posting has been shared with the hotel. It is our Service Promise to provide warm, sincere, and engaging service that ensures guests feel valued. We are glad to hear that we are accomplishing this goal.

Southey, Saskatchewan, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

The accomodations were the best I have ever stayed in, the personal care of turning down my bed, pulling my blinds and bringing me ice and water as well as slippers was a delightful surprise and made me feel a bit like a queen! I would definitely recommend the Fairmont to everyone staying in Winnipeg. Great job staff....you made me feel welcome, pampered and special.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback about your recent business trip. We are glad that you enjoyed the personal service that we provide and that your trip was memorable. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

As a former hospitality writer, I've stayed at the best hotels but the Fairmont Winnipeg has the most outstanding customer service of any. After a series of trips, I was jet lagged when I arrived, but I was immediately made to feel like I had arrived home. Great service!

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

The hotel is what you would expect for the Fairmont - but with the nicest staff anywhere. Nice and clean and the restaurant was very relaxing. The ambiance reminded me of one of those old "mens' clubs" - with smiling staff - and always there to fill the wine glass.

We stayed on the Gold Floor, which gave us access to the private lounge. A very nice touch.

I don't know if it is the cold weather; but everyone was so cheerful and helpful. What a pleasure.

Thanks very much.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Diana T, Executive Office at The Fairmont Winnipeg, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for your kind words of our staff. We strive to provide outstanding guest service everyday and I was glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our Fairmont Gold Lounge is one of a kind, overlooking downtown Winnipeg and The Forks. It is a definite must for any business or leisure trip.

Diana.Toovey@Fairmont.com