Fairmont Winnipeg
$122
Priceline
  • Fitness center
1,110 results
All reviewsgold floorvelvet gloveurban escapepresident's clubsteam roomcorner roomexchange districtcentral locationhuman rightsbusiness tripfront desk staffdowntown areahot tubmts centreloungeteddykiss
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 18, 2011

I was booked into the Fairmont Winnipeg hotel by a client for a business trip last summer. I was happy with their selection of hotel as my past experiences with Fairmont properties has been very good. The Fairmont Winnipeg was probably a very nice hotel 50 years ago, but I found it to be somewhat dated. The check in took for ever, and when I finally got to my room I found it to be small, and oddly decorated, but the king size bed was comfortable and there was a flat screen TV. The bathroom was clean and almost newish but the shower head was positioned around my chest area, so I had to duck down to wash my hair. The restaurant was inside and dark with no windows but typical of prairie restaurants. We did go next door to Hy's Steak house which is always a treat, even in Winnipeg. The workout area was small and looked more like an after thought. I could not get an internet wireless signal and ended up having to use my iPhone for internet. I wouldn't say this is a bad hotel but compared to other Fairmont hotels I have stayed at I was not impressed.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank markru
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Stayed at this Fairmont in August 2011. It does not have the external look that many other Fairmonts have (Empress, Chateau Laurier, Royal York, Hotel Vancouver). It is a much more modern looking building both inside and out. The room was great. - big, clean, large bathroom, and the Fairmont has very comfortable beds. The fitness centre is very nice - lots of new, high quality equipment. The location is great. On the corner of Portage and Main. Easy walking distance to many shopping and entertainment venues. Lots of underground connections to other buildings (great in a cold winter). Staff was extremely helpful.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Hotel is in the downtown area by the river and near scores of restaurants. Winnipeg boasts wide streets, lots of trees and planters and was super clean in the downtown area, and the way to the airport. The Fairmont is tourist/business class. Bed was comfortable and bathroom super clean. Parking was not free and recommend you use the valet. I have a lot of years of travel and this was the first time that someone made a call from the room while I was out of the hotel . the Bill showed the time and number called and the charge. The front desk took it off immediately, no questions asked, when I checked out. This is the type of graciousness that keeps customers coming back.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 11, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for business and its location is perfect. Service is impeccable and the staff is very detailed oriented. They went above and beyond their way to help me mailing something I had forgotten from the hotel (including filling out the customs' form). Thank you Lucie!!
Breakfast on the 19th floor was great and just what I wanted.
On the down side: Room definitely needed a renovation/remodeling. Internet was spotty at best in my room (could have been the modem for my room, because it worked great at the lounge). Hotel seems to cater to older crowd - and the fact that hotels are limited in locations, makes them a difficult choice to pick as a primary hotel for business travelers. I really loved the "use a bike" program they had going.

Room Tip: Staff is usually very good about it, just be polite and ask nicely.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I thoroughly enjoy Fairmonts. They are always reliable and the food is usually really good. I stayed on the Fairmont Gold floor on this trip and it was very good. Every little thing was taken care of. The food in the lounge was stellar. Price was a bit high, but I happen to have a discount available.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo