“Great Airport Stay in Winnipeg”

Best Western Plus Winnipeg Airport Hotel
Ranked #13 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Highlands Ranch, Colorado, United States
“Great Airport Stay in Winnipeg”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

We just got back from a family reunion trip to Manitoba, taking us through Winnipeg where we spent three nights at the Best Western Plus Winnipeg Airport Hotel. We needed nice accommodations that were affordable and also close to the airport.

The hotel exceeded expectations. Great rooms, restaurant and staff. Highly recommend for either business or personal travel.

Brian Olson
Highlands Ranch CO

Room Tip: You can negotiate good rates pending your needs and of course room availability.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Cory S, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Winnipeg Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank your for choosing to stay with us on your way back from your family reunion. Thank you also for your very kind review on Trip Advisor regarding your stay with us. It is fantastic to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations. We hope you choose to stay with us again next time you are in Winnipeg.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Fenagh, Ireland
Reviewed July 27, 2014

New hotel with nice restaurant and lounge, comfortable rooms with excellent air conditioning, quiet. Also lovely venue for weddings and meetings, yet noise levels remained low in the guest rooms. Perfectly located near the airport, but also convenient to downtown.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for reviewing us on Trip Advisor. Our Daltons Restaurant and Finnigans Lounge has great quality food right within our own hotel for our guests convenience. We also have 8000 square feet of banquet space to hold anything from corporate functions to wedding ceremonies and receptions. Thank you for noticing and complimenting the many amenities we have to offer and enjoyed our convenient location to the airport and downtown.

Ottawa
Reviewed July 26, 2014

After arriving at the airport in the evening we called for the shuttle pick-up but were told to take a cab and it would be covered by the hotel. This hotel is so conveniently located near the airport but you do not hear any planes taking off or landing. Check in was fast and friendly and after depositing our luggage in the room we preceded to the onsite Dalton’s restaurant for a nice but pricy dinner. Service was excellent as was the food. The lounge right beside the restaurant was a quiet place to have a relaxing drink after dinner or you could play one of six “VLTs”. The room was spacious and well laid out with all the amenities that were stated on their website and what you would expect to have. The bed was very comfortable and the flat screen TV worked very well. The Bathroom was clean and bright with a GIGANTIC TUB, A+ for the tub and shower. For breakfast there is a choice of a buffet or you can order off the menu. We ordered off the menu and both the service and the food were very good. We enjoyed our stay at the hotel so much that, we returned at the end of our journey as well. The staff went out of their way to make sure we had a quiet room for the night. On our last stay, we discovered (in the middle of the night) that we had ended up with large air conditioners outside our window. The staff was very understanding and apologetic. Again we ate dinner and breakfast at the restaurant and we enjoyed the lounge as well. We also appreciated the fact that we could use the computers in the lobby to check in for our flight and print our boarding passes. We would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: 228 & 230 near air conditioners. 222 good room
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us on Trip Advisor. I'm glad you found the food and the service to be excellent. We believe very highly in our customer service and ensuring every guest has a comfortable stay while away from home. Thank you for informing our staff that the fan outside your room was louder then your expectations and I'm very happy to hear the problem was resolved efficiently. Thank you for choosing to stay with us as we know you have many hotels in the Winnipeg airport area to choose from. We hope to see you again soon.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 18, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a wedding and it was fine. Front desk was friendly, room was adequate but nothing special. We were given a discounted rate because of the wedding, which I felt was still high considering we stayed at the Mere for a little less and we were blown away by our experience there. A decent place to stay if you want to be close to the airport, but will likely not stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Cory S, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Winnipeg Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your review and I am sorry we did not quite meet your expectations. We put high focus on customer care and cleanliness for each and every guest who stays with us. We try to put a in little extra for every guest that walks through our doors and hope they leave with a memorable experience. We thank you for staying with us and we hope next time you are in the airport area we will have a second chance for your business.

Nelson, B.C.
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

The room was spacious, everything was spotlessly clean, the shower was refreshing and the room had an extremely comfortable bed.

When initially making the booking over the phone I did not remember the employee who I spoke to mentioning that the surcharge for the dogs was 15.00 per night...each. I mentioned this to the front desk staff when checking in, noting that I was driving at the time and it was very likely that he actually had mentioned it but I had just not heard him. With absolutely no fuss they graciously decided to only charge us for one of our dogs.

Ample parking.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate you taking time out of your day to review us on Trip Advisor. We pride ourselves in ensuring each and every guest has a comfortable and clean experience with us. Thank you for your kind words and I'm glad you found everything to be up to your expectations. I apologize about the confusion over the pet fee but I am happy that a resolution was found quickly. Thank you again for your review and we hope to have the honour to be your choice of hotel next time you are in Winnipeg.

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed July 12, 2014

The exterior of the hotel was very nice, water fountain, flowers and green space. Lobby was very nice with a sample banquet table set-up. Room was clean and very comfortable. Staff friendly and efficient. The on-line price was very good and getting reward points was the icing on the cake! :)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. After completing a full renovation late last year, It's good to hear feedback from our guests that everything was found to be welcoming, comfortable, and clean. We appreciate your kind comments. We hope that you choose to stay with us again next time you are in Winnipeg.

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I booked in here for a one night stay before flying out. The shuttle to the airport was good, and one of the reasons I chose the hotel. However, the longer I was in the hotel, the more I wished I had booked somewhere else. The front desk reception line was long - partly because a flight was unable to depart and a lot of people arrived at the hotel for the night. For whatever the reason, this is an airport hotel, and it should not be a surprise to have extra airport guests.

After checking in, I went to my room. It was much more "tired" than I had wished. The bathtub and toilet were scarred. The wetbar sink was actually dirty - not cleaned. The beds were clean, so I stayed.

I ordered from room service. When my food arrived, it was the wrong item (close, but not right), and I was over-charged. I called the restaurant, but they did not answer their phone - for several calls. The front desk also forwarded my calls to the restaurant, but still no answer. So, I ate, and it was fine, but I was over-charged and it wasn't right.

In the morning I went to check out. My bill was on the front counter with all my personal information on it. No one was at the front desk, so my personal info was out for anyone to see.

I pointed out all the things that had gone wrong to the desk clerk - dirty room, room service inaccuracy, room service overcharging, privacy issues, and I was told I would be contacted by management. The clerk at the desk did give me complimentary parking which he said he was authorized to do, as he was the one who left my personal info for all to see.

When I arrived back after my flight I asked about why I had not been contacted. They had no record of my concerns. I had to call in and leave a message, and did so. I was finally called, and I was given free points. These are points I will not likely ever use since I will never say here again!

Not a great stay - and such poor hotel follow up - so I am disappointed.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Cory S, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Winnipeg Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your review and bringing forth issues which require immediate attention. Without the knowledge passed on to us by our guests we cannot truly grow and make corrections. The privacy of our guests is very important and all information is to be confidential and hidden. No information should be left in open view and most of all left unattended. Immediate guidance has been given to all hotel staff and is taken with the upmost seriousness.

I am sincerely sorry for the many issues that occurred during your stay which is far from the expectations we put forward for ourselves and for our guests. We will take your review and it will be discussed in full between all hotel managers in every department during our next managers meeting.

Thank you again for your time and allowing us the opportunity to learn from your stay and correct them.