“Great hotel in downtown Winnipeg”

Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown
Ranked #14 of 64 Hotels in Winnipeg
Reviewed July 5, 2014

We stayed at this hotel while we attended two baseball games and a football game. The location allowed us to walk to the baseball stadium, which was great. The hotel had great internet service, room service was quick and quite tasty, and the fitness centre was much better equipped than most hotels. Also, when our teenagers wanted to hook up their gaming system, the hotel immediately brought them a bigger TV with the necessary ports. Our only complaint was with housekeeping. The rooms were clean when we arrived, but service during our stay was pretty poor. When we didn't receive housekeeping service after our first night, I called down to request clean towels, etc. The cleaning person took our dirty glasses and cups and put the paper covers back on and placed them on the trays. When I told her they were dirty, she rinsed them in the sink and put them back. The next day she just left them on the counter. Overall, we would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Patti D
RWJB, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Dear Patti,
Thank your for taking the time to speak with me regarding your experience at the Radisson Hotel Downtown Winnipeg, Owned & Operated by Canad Inns Downtown Ltd.
I very much appreciated your time and value your feedback. I thank you for the opportunity to host your next visit and look forward to welcoming you back. Again, if I may be any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Richard

There are newer reviews for Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Stayed here for a month on work - bed bugs, missed/late wake-up calls, and incredibly lazy kitchen staff. Sometimes the A/C does not work, it's 2014 and I don't have a HD TV in a $200/night hotel and the wifi is ridiculously slow.

Elevators don't work and based on reviews have been in a process of renovation for over two years. Literally half hour waits for the elevator. If you order food, you have to go to the lobby to get it. Water leaks on every single floor. Hotel is located in shady neighborhood. Constantly has homeless visitors in the lobby.

Paper thin walls - constant activity means it's never quiet in your room. The only good thing about this place is the maids.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank CleetusVanDamme

Dear Cleetus VanDamme,
I have reviewed your comments and have thoroughly investigated your concerns you have shared regarding your visit to the Radisson Hotel Downtown Winnipeg, Owned & Operated by Canad Inns Downtown Ltd.
It is apparent that you were not satisfied with many components of your visit. I invite you to contact me directly so we may further discuss your experience.
In cooperation with our service provider, we have stringent preventative maintenance programs and recently had all rooms inspected. If given the opportunity to speak with you further, I would be more than happy to review this with you.
I may be reached at rburton@canadinns.com or office direct at 204-975-6206. I hope to hear from you very soon.
Richard

Reviewed June 30, 2014

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. Plain and simple.

I stayed here for 7 weeks for business, so I had no choice in the matter, or I would have left 2 or 3 days into my stay.

Where do I begin...I arrived after a long flight and my key card didn't work, several times, which led to me doing 3 or 4 trips up and down the elevator to the front desk. The hotel had an entire floor shut down because of a bedbug infestation. Only 3 of the 4 elevators worked, and were very slow, I often had to wait 10 minutes or so just to get on the elevator, not something I wanted to do after a long day at work. The internet is painfully slow. Some of the rooms next to the elevators resemble a minimum security prison, with windows not much more than 12 inches wide, making for a very dark room, even during the day. One night a housekeeper came into my room at 1:30AM trying to clean it, this was the most flabbergasting part of my stay... who tries to clean a room at 1:30AM?

The food is absolutely horrible, leaving many people in my party sick. But the food is the least of your safety concerns, leaving the hotel after dark is a very bad idea, unless you are in a big group or taking a cab. It's in a very central location, but there are a lot of sketchy characters right outside the hotel.

I contacted the hotel manager a couple days into my stay and he replied saying that most people that stay there do not have my experiences, and wanted to meet me face to face, not something I wanted to do, nor had time to do.

The good things?.... There's a Starbucks in the lobby.. one of the few bright spots. And SOME of the staff are friendly and helpful.

I've never stayed anywhere else in Winnipeg so I couldn't recommend anywhere better, but I'm sure there is something out there.

This hotel is a disgrace to the Radisson hotel brand.

4  Thank Wanderer1288
RWJB, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Dear Wanderer1288,
I have reviewed your comments and have thoroughly investigated your concerns.
After extensive research of hotel properties in Winnipeg, your company chose and continues to choose the Radisson Winnipeg as the best facility to provide accommodations and meals for their visiting guests. I would like to respond to the perceptions you raised in your comments.
Our elevator modernization project is near completion which will equip us with the latest technology which will enhance our guest’s experience. The final elevator will be complete by the third week of July. We have observed when high volumes of guests require the use of an elevator at one time, it does cause some delays. Our new elevator management software will allow us to effectively manage this service and will set the Radisson apart in the market.
We want to ensure our guests who choose the Radisson as their destination decision have confidence that our guestrooms are clean, in good repair and are free of any type of activity. In cooperation with our service provider, we have stringent preventative maintenance programs and an inspection process to ensure our guests have this confidence. It is through these efforts we are able to provide the highest level of service and comfort. I apologize for any misunderstanding.
Our reputation in providing quality food is well documented through the many events and guests we serve. At no time were any issues brought to our attention at the hotel level or direct with your company.
We take our guests safety and security extremely seriously and have taken many measures which has made us a leader in the market. We have 24 hour security both inside and outside the hotel to ensure our guests feel safe and secure. The Downtown Biz is also doing their part in providing a safe downtown for our visitors. We also offer valet parking along with complimentary shuttle service as additional services to our guests.
Our hotel has earned the Certificate of Excellence award through Trip Advisor to which we are very proud of. It is through our dedication to quality assurance and a Team of dedicated Professionals who are truly committed to the service they extend.
If you wish to discuss your experience further, it would be my pleasure to speak with you directly. I may be reached at 204-975-6206 or via email at rburton@canadinns.com.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

I was travelling solo with my labradoodle. The staff were very friendly and helpful, especially while I was trying to get my overly friendly pooch through the lobby and up to my room ASAP. The room was spotless, and the bed very comfortable. I had supper and a drink on the 12th floor that evening, and breakfast on the 29th floor the next morning - it was all very good. The only thing that could have made my stay better, would have been easier access to the parking lot, and some green space for my dog. I will be staying there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Stefanie G
RWJB, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Dear Stephanie,
Thank you for your review of the Radisson Hotel Downtown Winnipeg, Owned & Operated by Canad Inns Downtown Ltd.
It was our pleasure hosting you and your very friendly Labradoodle, I am glad to see you both enjoyed your visit. Please feel free to contact me directly upon future visits Stephanie, it would be my pleasure to speak with you about the options available for your Labradoodle to have access to more green space for running. I may be reached at 204-975-6206 or rburton@canadinns.com. I look forward to welcoming you and your Labradoodle back very soon.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

We have used the Radisson before as it is so convenient to the downtown district. On this trip we encountered a couple of problems with our room. The first was the fact that the air conditioning did not work. We arrived around 4 and found the room to be very warm. We left at 4:30 and turned it down the AC to a comfortable temperature. Upon arrival back in the room at 10:30 it was obvious that the AC did not work. As it was late we did not call down but had a pretty restless night in the warmth.

In the morning we were getting ready to go and my wife had a shower. She noticed that the tub was slow to drain. I went to get in the shower 15 minutes later and there was still water in the tub. I had a shower and stood high ankle deep in the water. By the time we left the room 1/2 hr later the tub was just coming to a full drain.

We mentioned the tub problem and the AC to the front desk clerk who apologised and offered to refund the cost of parking which was another peeve I had. These rooms are not cheap and then on top of it they charge $15 to park overnight. I stayed in this same hotel before and the parking was $10. I think a 50% raise is a bit much. Also as we were leaving we noticed a sign that advertised "event" parking for a concert next door for $10.

I left with a bad taste thinking that would be my last stay at the Radisson Winnipeg and when I got a chance to fill in their customer feedback survey I made sure I detailed all of the above. To my surprise and delight I had an email very shortly after that from the hotel manager apologizing and ensuring me that the complaints I had were being looked after. He also offered a full refund as part of their customer satisfaction guarantee.

I was thankful for their quick response and will give the place another try in the future. It is a nice place and is convenient but shop around and don't forget to consider the cost of parking when choosing your hotel in downtown Winnipeg. You will see that I have rated the sleep quality poor and cleanliness average. This is due to this past experience. I have stayed there before and all has been average to above for hotels in the area

Room Tip: Don't forget to consider the $15/day cost of parking in your room budget

Dear GW,
I would like to thank you for allowing me the opportunity to address your concerns you highlighted when completing our Guest Satisfaction Survey. I am delighted to hear our response time and the action taken was to your satisfaction. I appreciate your willingness to allow us another opportunity to earn your business. I am confident upon your next visit we will exceed your expectations.
We look forward to your return.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

It is a nice hotel in a convenient location. However, after 8pm everything seems to close down. The rooms are spacious and clean. The staff is friendly. And my housekeeper, Jeet did a great job. When I come to Winnipeg this will be where Ill stay.

Dear Rod,
Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience at the Radisson Hotel Downtown Winnipeg, Owned & Operated by Canad Inns Downtown Ltd.
I am delighted to see Jeet played a role in providing a memorable experience for you Rod. It will be with pleasure I share your comments with her.
On behalf of our entire Team we thank you for the opportunity to host your visits and will work very hard to remain your hotel of choice in Winnipeg.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

Now that they're moving away from sleep number beds, it's my favourite place to stay in Winnipeg again :))

All of the staff are so nice. I have nothing bad to say about this place.

Rooms are modern and it's a great location :))

Stay here!

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Radisson Hotel Downtown Winnipeg, Owned & Operated by Canad Inns Downtown Ltd.
Our new beds have been very well received and I am very pleased to see you enjoy them as well. I thank you for recognizing our Associates for their kind service, I will be sure to share your comments with them.
We look forward to welcoming you back and thank you for allowing us to be your hotel of choice once again.