“Fantastic Hotel”

Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown
Ranked #14 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Reviewed December 6, 2013

This hotel was wonderful! It was nicely renovated and the service was amazing right from check in to check out. The staff assisted me with my bags to the room, the front desk called the room to see if I needed anything and if the room was in order and they even remembered my name at checkout (before I got to the counter). I live in Winnipeg but it was a nice little get away AND the bed was super comfortable:)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
RWJB, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Dear Jody,
Thank you for your wonderful review of the Radisson Hotel Winnipeg, Owned & Operated by Canad Inns Downtown Ltd.
I am glad you were able to have a little get-away and we appreciate you making us your destination decision. The little things you mentioned mean a lot to our Team and I thank you for recognizing their efforts. Our new beds have been very well received by our guests and I am delighted to hear they made an impact on your experience with us. On behalf of the entire Team at the Radisson, thank you for allowing us the opportunity to host you and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

This is a wonderful hotel in the centre of Winnipeg. Newly renovated, the rooms are spacious, well furnished, and have a nice new feel to them. The bed was extremely comfortable, and their Wi-Fi worked flawlessly. It is within easy walking distance to shopping, restaurants, etc. I stayed here for one night on business in early November.

My one big complaint was that since my room faced the front of the hotel, all through the night you could hear sirens going off from emergency vehicles. I was on the 16th floor, and the noise was still so loud I was woken up 7 times during the night by the sound of sirens. I had them place a note on my file to assign me a room at the back of the hotel next time. I would strongly encourage anyone who wants to sleep at night to make sure of this. Otherwise it is an excellent hotel, and I would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the front of the hotel are very loud at night with the sound of sirens. Make sure to g...
1  Thank canadianwizard
RWJB, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your review and recommendation of the Radisson Hotel Winnipeg, Owned & Operated by Canad Inns Downtown Ltd.
I am happy that our product, service and amenities exceeded your expectations. I do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the sirens from the fire trucks. This is not a common interruption and I am sorry you encountered this during your visit. With your preferences now on your profile, I am confident our Team will do everything they can to accommodate. We appreciate you allowing us the opportunity to earn your loyalty and I look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel very soon.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Nice location in downtown Winnipeg. Staff were very cheerful and friendly. Room has a nice modern look to it with all the amenities. Ordered room service and the food came up quicker than in most places and it was still hot. Stayedon the 23 floor and had a great view of the city.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
RWJB, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your review of the Radisson Hotel Winnipeg owned & operated by Canad Inns Downtown Ltd.
I am pleased your visit was enjoyable. We do have a great location and all the amenities necessary to meet the needs of today’s traveler. I have shared your comments regarding your In-Room Dining experience with our Culinary Team; they too thank you for recognizing their efforts. It was our pleasure hosting your visit and we look forward to hosting you again very soon.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I have traveled to Winnipeg a great deal over the past few years and the Radisson is my favorite of the hotels I've tried. The rooms are modern and newly renovated with nice bathrooms and good storage. I've used the fitness center and it's very nice. It has several tv's, two treadmills, a sauna, rowing machine, etc. Right down the hall from it is a washing machine and dryer if you are so inclined to do laundry. In the lobby there is a full service Starbucks, there is room service and a restaurant with a bar. For those with status there is free continental breakfast with quite a variety of items to choose from and h'orderves in the evening.

I've been very happy with the service at this hotel. Everyone has been super nice and Jennifer from housekeeping always does an awesome job taking care of us.

The location of the hotel is excellent. It's right next to the MTS center with indoor walkways connected to so much of downtown. It's an easy walking distance to Cityplace and Portage Place shopping centers.

I've stayed at other downtown hotels and this is the one I will continue to stay at for all of my future business trips.

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your very kind review of the Radisson Hotel Winnipeg owned & operated by Canad Inns Downtown Ltd.
I was delighted to see that our product and service separates us from other hotels you have visited. We are very fortunate to have a Team that understands the importance of service and truly cares about our guest’s experience. Jennifer is an integral part of our Team and it will be with pleasure I share your comments with her. We thank you for your continued loyalty. If there is ever anything we can do to make your visits even more enjoyable, our team is here to make it happen.
We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Continued Success,

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I stay at this hotel regularly through my employment. The hotel is situated on Portage Avenue next to the MTS center ...great if you like NHL hockey or other events. There is hotel parking on the lower floors.(Daily Fee). A restaurant/Bar is located on the 13 or 14th floor. Hotel food...fairly expensive. Upper floors have been refurbished...eg. 23,24,25 etc. Ice is surprisingly only available on select floors...same thing for the pop machines. If you like ice,check with reservations before you book onto a floor with no ice machines. Pay laundry is available. Internet is free via wifi or you may be able to use a plug in port. On Sundays, dining choices are limited downtown after 8 o'clock. Liquor store is across the street 2 blocks away....about a 5 minute walk. Mountain equipment co-op is across the street along with the dollar store. Bus stops are a 1 or 2 minute walk from the front doors of the hotel. A Starbucks is located in the front lobby. Cab to the airport will cost between 20 and 25 bucks.....15 to 25 minute ride..depending on traffic. Elevators can be slow at times...there are 4 of them but they may not all be in service during slow times.(in my opinion) Staff is friendly...no problems. A doorman is available to assist guests with luggage and the hotel employs night security staff. Hotel prices in Winnipeg are fairly high when one compares other similar sized cities and amenities. Winnipeg also has an "accommodation tax" of at least 5% per room on top of the regular taxes. The result is that there really is no mid level competitively priced accommodation in the city. Either you pay a lot of money for 3 stars and up.....or you pay somewhat less for a divey hotel.....

Room Tip: The better view ....rooms facing Portage avenue(North)

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your comments regarding your experience at the Radisson Hotel Winnipeg, owned & operated by Canad Inns Downtown Ltd.
I was pleased to learn your visit with us met your needs and expectations. I would be very interested in speaking with you further regarding your visit to determine where our areas of opportunity were. Our Team is committed to service excellence and any additional feedback you could provide would be extremely beneficial. We appreciate the opportunity to earn your loyalty and I look forward to further speaking with you in the near future.
rburton@canadinns.com
204-975-6206

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Took advantage of the "Jets deal" when we came in for the Jets game. Hotel is right next door to the MTS center. It included free parking($15) and a $25 food credit for their restaurant or the Met. Very nice Lady checked us in(Angie?). Our truck wouldn't fit in their parkade so the valet helped us park right by the door. Also very nice guy. We had a room on the 27th floor. Great view. Small cozy room with a large shower. Very clean and nice upgrades and big comfy bed. Walked over to the MTS center for supper/drinks/game(Jets won 5-0!). Hit the Met after the game. Everything nice and close. Had breakfast in their rest. Nicely done with a nice view. Good service and food. Did have a disturbing event that I wont talk about on here because it was no fault of the hotel but they did feel bad and gave us 25% off our stay. Excellent customer service at this hotel. It will be our downtown choice in the future

Room Tip: ask for a high floor
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
RWJB, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear Sherry,
Thank you for your review of the Radisson Hotel Winnipeg, Owned & Operated by Canad Inns Downtown Ltd.
I am pleased you were able to take advantage of our Jets Deal; it is a great value for our guests. Angie is very genuine in her service and she is recognized for this often, I am glad her service had a positive impact on your experience with us. The MET is a great place to go either before or after the game, especially after a big win.
Sherry, please feel free to contact myself directly at 204-975-6206 or via email at rburton@canadinns.com upon your next trip to Winnipeg, I would like to personally welcome you back to the hotel and oversee your visit with us. I look forward to hearing from you very soon.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

I stayed at this Hotel a few times every month for the past 5 years. Under its current ownership by Canad Inns it by the far the best Hotel in Downtown Winnipeg. Great staff, service and food service. And located right in the heart of the business and entertainment areas of Winnipeg.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Eugene, thank you for your kind comments regarding our Team at the Radisson Hotel Winnipeg, Owned & Operated by Canad Inns Downtown Inc.
It is always a pleasure hosting your visits and we thank you for your continued support. As always, if I or anyone of the Radisson Team can be of assistance, please do not ever hesitate to call. We look forward to welcoming you back soon Eugene.
Richard