WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown

Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown
Ranked #14 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Roseau, Minnesota, United States
“Stay here for the location if attending an event at MTS.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I recently stayed at the Radisson downtown for a concert at the MTS. This was a perfect location as it is only a half a block from the MTS. I do have to agree with another review, the elevator ride is bouncy! I didn't have a cover on my coffee and I spilled a bit when coming up to the floor my room was on. The room was clean and updated. My friends and I were planning on eating at the restaurant before the concert but other patrons that were leaving the restaurant told us not to go as the service was very slow. So, we didn't eat there. I will stay here again if attending an event downtown Winnipeg.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
RWJB, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear Paula,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Radisson Winnipeg Hotel, owned & operated by Canad Inns Downtown Ltd.
Our location does make it very convenient for our guests who are attending events at the MTS Centre. During event nights, our restaurant does experience a higher volume of traffic however, our service should be consistent. I have shared your comments with our Team and I can assure you, actions have been taken to ensure future occurrences do not occur.
We are in the process of a complete modernization of our elevators and should be completed over the next year.
We thank you for making the Radisson Hotel Winnipeg your destination decision and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Richard Burton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

The hotel rooms were very clean and well appointed. We had an upgrade to a corner room. The front desk staff was courteous and very responsive to our needs. We stayed 3 nights, dined in the restaurant, and attended the Bon Jovi concert at the MTS. The MTS was just adjacent to the hotel and very convenient.

We had a large item that we needed to ship back home. The front desk contacted maintenance to see about assisting us in boxing the item. Satesh, from maintenance, went out of his way by fabricating a box, providing boxing taping and assisting in packing the items. It is not often employees go out of their way, but this seemed to be the attitude of all those we encountered at the Radisson.

Thanks to all for making out stay fun and especially to Satesh for going above and beyond.

Tom Richardson
Birmingham, AL

• Stayed April 2013
Mr. Richardson,
Thank you for your wonderful review of the Radisson Winnipeg Hotel, owned & operated by Canad Inns Downtown Ltd.
I am delighted to hear that Satesh played an integral part in ensuring your experience with us was memorable. Our Team is very passionate about guest service and takes extreme pride in providing a experience that is truly unique to our hotel. On behalf of Satesh and our entire Team, we thank you for allowing us the opportunity to host your visit. We all look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

We called the Hotel from the airport to have the shuttle pick us up. The service we received was fast and efficient. The driver was very nice and recommended some dinner options for us. The hotel was clean and comfortable. The elevator ride is quite something...you feel like you are on a roller coaster...so beware if you get queasy! There is a mall within a 5 minute walk and a cinema as well.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
RWJB, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your wonderful review of the Radisson Hotel Winnipeg, owned & operated by Canad Inns Downtown Ltd.
Our Team was delighted to see that you had an enjoyable visit. I appreciate you recognizing our Shuttle service and driver, it is a service that has been very well received and I am glad you were able to take advantage of this service. It was our pleasure hosting your visit and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

My friends and I booked a suite to stay in while attending a concert at the MTS Center nearby. When we checked in, the staff was very rude and unfriendly, refusing to give us the discounts that we should have gotten and adding additional charges that were not made known when the room was booked. The room was fairly nice, but it wasn't as large as was expected. We had problems with the bathroom door (which was translucent glass and easy to see through) not locking. Honestly, for the amount that it cost, I would never stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Ninjalicious
RWJB, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review the Radisson Hotel Winnipeg, owned & operated by Canad Inns Downtown Ltd.
I would like to begin by apologizing to you and your friend for your experience not being what you had expected. I would be very interested in discussing your concerns in further detail at your convenience. I may be reached directly at rburton@canadinns.com or office direct at 204-975-6206. I look forward to the opportunity to address your concerns and get a better understanding of your overall experience.
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

I stayed here for business for a night. The location is great, just a couple blocks from the corner of Portage and Main in downtown Winnipeg. There are lots of little restaurants and shopping around although I didnt venture out much as it was quite cold still for mid march. Rates were pretty reasonable, and the hotel is only 15 minutes cab from the airport.

Check in was efficient, and I had a standard room on the 28th floor with a nice view of the city. The room itself is typical for a radisson, with decent size, clean, and the usual amenities. The decor appears to have been updated and the dark wood tones make for a nice touch. The bed was comfortable, and the hotel seemed pretty quiet although I was there on a Sunday night. Its nothing fancy, but more than adequate for business traveller passing through town for a couple of nights. I would stay here again without hesistation.

I also tried the restaurant on the 12th floor during my stay. The service was rather slow considering it was after 8pm and place was not busy. The food is okay, generous portions, with prices that are typical for a hotel restaurant (averaging $20 for an entree). I think next time I would try and venture outside the hotel for something with a little more variety.

Dear Valued Guest,
We appreciate you sharing your experience at the Radisson Hotel Winnipeg, owned & operated by Canad Inns Downtown Ltd.
I was pleased to see that your visit with us met your expectations. I would like to follow up with you further to discuss if there were elements of your visit we could have done more to enhance your experience. I would like to request that upon your next visit to Winnipeg that you contact me directly at rburton@canadinns.com. On behalf of our entire Team, I would like to thank you for the opportunity to earn your business and we very much appreciate your valuable feedback.
Vancouver
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel a couple years ago and forgot that it was not good so I booked it again because it was close to my work.
I booked a standard room with a king size bed for 4 nights and when I arrived, the clerk said I booked 2 double beds. I am sure that I booked a king size bed and I even called the 1800 Radisson number to confirm my reservation the nite before. Clerk kept saying I booked a double size room and wanted to see my email confirmation. I told her why do I have to prove to you when you should have the correct info in the beginning. After much argument, she finally put me to a room with a king size bed.
Every night when I called front desk to ask for a morning call for the next day, it's a minimum 5 mins wait time. They don't have the speaker phone feature or a portable phone so I am stuck standing by the phone to wait for someone to pick up.
Lastly, the deal breaker for me is POOR WiFi connection. It's bad both day and night and it's bad everyday during my entire stay. I finally had enough and I called front desk (of course waited on the phone for 10 mins before someone picked up), he said 'oh really? I will have someone check it for you'. There was no improvement and I didn't have Internet. I came here for work and it was essential for me to have the Internet connection. I even had my work IT tech came and check my laptop to make sure it's not my problem and he confirmed that it's the hotel.
No one tried to do anything to help and I don't plan on coming back to this hotel anymore even though my office is just across the street.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Blythediva
RWJB, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to thank you for bringing your recent experience of the Radisson Winnipeg Hotel to my attention. The situation you described is not indicative of our service at this hotel. The experience you described is not acceptable by our standards and as our guest, you deserve better. I would like to sincerely apologize to you for this being your experience. I would like to further discuss your visit in greater detail with you at your earliest convenience. I may be reached at rburton@canadinns.com or office direct at 204-975-6206.
We just recently upgraded our Internet service to enhance our guest’s experience. I will be following up with our service provider immediately to ensure future occurrences are not repeated.
Thank you again for bringing these concerns to my attention and allowing me the opportunity to address them. I do look forward to hearing from you very soon.
Grand Forks
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

Each time I stay at this beautiful hotel I feel very welcome. From the unique detailed touches like a card and plate of fruit in my room welcoming me, to the very friendly concierge at check in; the Radisson has got it right!!

We all are busy people with even busier schedules and sometimes weget wrapped up in our own little worlds. Staying there slowed things down a bit for me. It felt like a little holiday, even if only for an evening. The attendant on the 29th lounge floor was exceptionally friendly.

The Manager obviously delivers a constant message of Customer Service throughout that entire building, because everyone working there is smiling.

Well done!

Room Tip: Rooms facing South will be quieter for sure. The higher floors are privy to the AWESOME warm appeti...