“A Nice Stay”

Ranked #16 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Brandon
“A Nice Stay”
Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

Stayed overnight in this hotel with husband and my toddler.. All i could say is that they have such an amazing staff.. Bell boys were super friendly. The desk clerk gave us a call at our room to insure everything was fine. The room was clean with updated decors. We had a nice view of the city..and we loved that there is a starbucks at the main floor. It would have been nice if we did not have to Pay $10 parking and if there was a pool. All in all we liked our stay.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Audiodrive
RWJB, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Radisson Hotel Winnipeg, Owned & Operated by Canad Inns Downtown LTD.
I very much appreciated your comments regarding our Associates, we are very fortunate to have such a dedicated team focused on service. I appreciate your comments regarding our parking fees and will be following up to ensure this is communicated more clearly upon the reservation process as well as our distribution channels.
The Radisson Team thanks you for making the Radisson Hotel Winnipeg your destination decision.
Continued Success,
Richard Burton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Korean first
Reviewed September 9, 2012

My daughter and I just returned from our trip to Winnipeg where we spent 2 nights at the Radisson. We had 2 double beds that were "like HEAVEN." Very clean and housekeeping staff available when needed. The staff were so friendly and helpful. They took our luggage to our room and when we checked out, they went to get our car from the parkade and loaded our luggage! The front desk help were helpful with places to recommend and even printed out directions for us. They have the convience of a restaurant and Starbucks. Plenty of hot water for showers. We stayed there 2 years ago and the service was just as great....that time, we had a king size Sleepnumber bed!! The hotel is also right downtown....just a block from the MTS Centre and plenty of good restaurants, where we found very friendly people. FYI...if your looking for an excellent restaurant, would highly recommend Moxies, located in the MST building and HY'S Steakhouse and Cocktail Bar, located about 4 blocks north.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Radisson Hotel Winnipeg, Owned & Operated by Canad Inns Downtown LTD.
It was a pleasure hosting you and your daughter and I was very pleased to learn that your experience with us was a memorable one. Our Housekeeping Team would like to thank you for the wonderful comments about the cleanliness of the hotel. They take extreme pride in extending the highest level of cleanliness and it meant a lot to them when I shared your experience.
The Radisson Team thanks you for the opportunity to serve you and wish you continued success. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Reston, Manitoba
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We just stayed ina King Suite at the hotel, excellant location from the MTS Center! Room was very clean and well appointed, and recently updated! Service was mostly great, and the management is excellant. I have stayed at a few of the hotels downtown now mostly for business and occasionally for pelasure, and I highly reccomend this property over the Fairmont, and the Fort Garry.

Room Tip: We had friends stay in one of the standard double rooms and they found the room to be very cramped...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
RWJB, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to thank you for sharing your experience at the Radisson Hotel Winnipeg, Owned & Operated by Canad Inns Downtown LTD.
I was extremely pleased to see that our King Suite met your expectations. We are very proud of our product and I thank you for your very kind words as well as the great recommendation.
It was our pleasure hosting you and we all look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.
The Radisson Team wishes you Continued Success,

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Worst hotel stay in years: no Guest Service books in the rooms, no room service, restaurant button on phone goes to starbucks, not the restaurant, no pool on pool level, express 3 hour laundry service is no where near that, took 8 hours, received clothe back damp, front desk staff have pompous attitudes.

Hope to NEVER make this mistake again. Many more hotels in Winnipeg...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
RWJB, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear Jessica S,
I would like to apologize to you for the inconveniences you experienced during your visit. We are in the process of updating our Guest Room Directories to reflect the many enhancements we have made to our Hotel. I am sorry if this was not relayed to you upon your arrival, I will follow up internally to ensure this process is consistently relayed to our guests upon their arrival.
Our Pool was removed in 2011 and was replaced by beautiful new meeting space with a walk out balcony. We have been diligent in ensuring this information was updated on all channels, if we have missed any, your feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Guest Service is a high priority; I have shared your comments with our Team to show how your visit was perceived. We will continue to work very hard in ensuring we meet our goal of "100% Guest Satisfaction". I would be interested in further discussing your experience with us at your convenience and may be reached at rburton@canadinns.com. I hope to have the opportunity to speak to you in the very near future.
Valemount
Reviewed September 7, 2012

The hotel is old and in need of an upgrade. Parking is inconvenient to get to from the street as well as inside the hotel. You cannot access the parkade from the room elevator - you must go down to the lobby, exit the elevator and walk around to a parkade elevator on the far end of the lobby. Street access is not possible from Portage Street, you must come in on a sidestreet. Valet service is $15/time and parking is $10/day - things you are not told when booking online.
The tub/shower has no handrails so it not suitable for seniors afraid of falling. As well, no fans in the bathrooms. The beds are only doubles - those cheesy ones that you can inflate to whatever hardness/softness you want - except that one of them lacked a remote and was hard as a rock. The last night we were there the air conditioner in the room quite working and it became terribly hot in the room. When we asked for consideration we were told by the front desk there was nothing they could do as we pre-paid through Expedia. They did forgive the parking fees but we were unaware they were going to be tacked on to the room so it wasn't much of a break. Inconvenient, outdated and expensive for what there was there.

Room Tip: Book elsewhere.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Radisson Winnipeg, Owned & Operated by Canad Inns Downtown LTD.
I would like to extend my apologies for the confusion regarding our Parkade directions and parking fees. We will be conducting a review of our parking information on all channels to ensure this is clarified.
We have many different room types that are equipped with a variety of benefits, features and amenities. We do have guestrooms that have grab rails in the guest bathrooms, I apologize that this was not communicated.
I appreciate you taking the time to relay this information as it allows us to improve all facets of the guest experience. I would like to request that upon future trips to Winnipeg that you contact me directly at rburton@canadinns.com, it would be my pleasure to personally oversee your visit with us while demonstrating the true nature of our Hospitality.
I look forward to the opportunity to speak to you soon.
Brandon, Canada
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Our weekend away at the Raddison was amazing! Our room was beautiful, very modern! It was newly renovated with sleep number beds. It was the best sleep I have had in a while! I can't say enough about the staff as well, they went above and beyond to make sure we were happy and had everything we needed. They also told my girlfriends and I a lot of fun things to do around the city during our stay! The down town location of this hotel is ideal as well, close to shopping, restaurants and nightlife. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for somewhere to stay in Winnipeg.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
RWJB, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
It was a pleasure to learn that our Team went above and beyond your expectations which resulted in a memorable weekend experience. Getting together for a weekend getaway is always a treat and we thank you for making the Radisson Hotel Winnipeg your choice for this very special occasion.
We appreciate your high recommendation and look forward to the opportunity to host you again in the near future.
Brandon, Canada
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My 3 friends and I called the Radisson Hotel home for a weekend this summer and absolutely loved it! The staff was very friendly, helpful, and committed to making our stay memorable and enjoyable. Our room was very clean and spacious with sleep number beds. We loved having the ability to adjust the mattress to suit our individual comfort preferences! The hotel is in a great location downtown close to amazing restaurants and great nightlife. We had an amazing stay and will definitely be staying at the Radisson next time we are in Winnipeg!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to thank you for sharing your experience at the Radisson Hotel Winnipeg, Owned & Operated by Canad Inns.
I was very pleased you and your 3 friends had an enjoyable visit. Our goal is to ensure our guests not only have a positive experience but a memorable one as well. It was our pleasure to host your visit and look forward to welcoming you back upon your return.
Continued Success,