“Great Rainy Day Get Away”

Travelodge Winnipeg East
Ranked #26 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
winnipeg
“Great Rainy Day Get Away”
Reviewed June 14, 2010

When me and my family got into winnipeg we heard it was nothing but rain for the last thre days and no sunshine in sight so me and the wife thought "oh no three days of the kids trapped in one room." However it turned out to be a very pleasent stay with a beautiful pool area to keep the kids entertained and when they tired of that there was bowling lanes downstairs as well!! talk about saving a parents mind. I would highly recomend this to anyone that is traveling with kids. The staff of the hotel were great - even going so far as to help with directions to some of the indoor places to visit. The resturant had some good food at decent prices and the waitress' were very friendly

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
keewatin Ontario
Reviewed June 7, 2010

Staff was great
Food was delishious
room was clean and comfortable
All round a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed May 20, 2010

Wow...where to start for the Travelodge...
I cannot say enough good things about the Travelodge, we had our wedding reception there but it was so much more than that. The weekend of May 15th, the Travelodge was taken over by my husband and my friends and family. We had our reception there so it only made the most sense to have everyone stay there. From the outside the hotel may not look like much, but once you get inside, you feel like you are in a whole new world! I cannot tell you how many of our guests told us how impressed they were with everything. The room sizes were huge, the beds were SUPER comfortable, the staff were all friendly and super helpful, the food was FANTASTIC! One of my personal favourites would definitely be the pool area. It was sooo nice to sit around the pool with my family members and chat. It is beautiful and relaxing in there and it was awesome!
Now onto my wedding reception itself...well to the naked eye the room we had it in may not look very fancy to have a wedding reception in there. But once you get the chair covers and the room decorated, it truly was a magical feeling in there. The serving staff were fantastic and boy...the meal...was incredible!! I am one picky eater but I must say the food we chose, the chicken kiev, chefs mixture for the vegetables, baked potato and greek salad to start...phenomenal!! The portions were huge, the food was hot and above all, it was delicious!! I had so many compliments on the food, some even saying it was the best meal they'd ever had at a wedding. The plates were cleared in a timely fashion and the cake was brought out...and the magic continued into the evening. The staff were incredibly helpful when it came to a soiled tablecloth, and hey...they even got up and danced with us and my guests!! This day will always be the happiest day of mine and my husbands lives and we couldn't have had this experience without the help of everyone at the Travelodge...and for that...I want to thank them soooo much!!! A special thanks goes out to the Catering Manager Brenda...if I ever needed anything, she was there...if I had a question...she was there...
She made sure to look after anything and everything just so our day was a stress free happy day, and boy did she ever. She solved any problem I had...and I did have a few, but the way she got things done was just amazing...and the best part about Brenda...that she ALWAYS has a smile on her face...she just makes everything right. :)
Thank you to everyone who participated in making our day such a perfect day!
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!
I am a very grateful bride and would reccommend the Travelodge to ANYONE!!

• Stayed May 2010
Dryden
Reviewed March 18, 2010

In 2009 we stayed at this hotel with our hockey team. On the second day of our stay there my daughter woke up with bites all over her face, neck, arms and legs. It was so bad that I took her to see the doctor. I called the hotel and was assured that they did not have a bed bug problem. Weeks later, after receiving several complaints about that room, the hotel eventually looked into the situation and discovered that they did, indeed, have a bedbug problem. They called me immediately to apologize and gave me a rebate for my stay there. I do appreciate the fact that they were very apologetic... however I can't bring myself to ever stay there again.

• Stayed April 2009
4 Thank tlizl
SleepyBear13, General Manager at Travelodge Winnipeg East, responded to this review, October 4, 2010
The subject of Bed Bugs is a very difficult situation to deal with. With the current outbreak throughout the country, we are fortunate not to have the problems that most Hotels encounter. We are vigilant in ensuring our rooms are checked daily. When we received this occurence we ensured that the room was sealed off and treated immediately by a proffesional to elimante any other occurences.
thunder bay
Reviewed November 9, 2009

We arrived in Winnipeg, booked into a downtown hotel I wont name here, After arriving at the other Hotel we realized there was no way we were going to stay there. We phoned around to find another Hotel, and finally found the Travel lodge East on Alpine. James was the man on the other end of the line. James was very nice on the phone and reserved us a room and gave us directions. Upon arriving at the Travel lodge, James greeted us and got us set up into 2 adjoing rooms, at poolside. It was a breath of fresh air when we opened the doors to our rooms. Absolutley spotless, with fridges and microwaves. After settling in we phoned down about pool usgae and were promply brought towels up to our rooms. The breakfast special was great the next morning, the kids especially loved the potatoes..lol.... Anyway a great stay with great staff . I highly recommend this wonderful hotel to anyone looking for comfort and affordability.
Thank you.......John Petrynka.................Thunder Bay, Ontario.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank petrynka
winnipeg
Reviewed October 16, 2009

We were scared away by prior reviews i had read, but ended up there anyway for it's location. Everything about it was very good, clean, etc. Obviously they have changed in a big way; (and that shows the value of sites like tripadvisor).

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Medicine Hat
Reviewed September 8, 2009

clean rooms................air conditioner could have worked better as it didn't cool the room off at all.........bathroom was clean........overall an okay stay

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple