“Reservation Troubles.”

Ranked #29 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Jackson, Tennessee
“Reservation Troubles.”
Reviewed August 22, 2006

This is an average hotel and really, the price is great...

However, I only booked at this hotel (6 wks prior to stay) because every other hotel that I contacted would only allow patrons with dogs to stay in a smoking room. As I am allergic to smoke, I finally found a hotel that would allow me to stay in a non-smoking room with my dog. So I thought.

So we made the booking. Unfortunately, there were no non-smoking rooms available for those dates, but "please check often to see if there will be a non-smoking room available for those dates." Well, I called and faxed. NO NON-SMOKING ROOMS every time I called, right up to the check-in date. As it turns out, we did not bring our dogs afterall. FALSE PROMISES IN MY OPINION.

Funny, I know of two other people, not travelling with dogs, and they only booked one week prior to arrival. They booked the very same dates as myself, they managed to be granted TWO non-smoking rooms.

I had booked through our campany with a purchase order, otherwise I would have gone elsewhere.

We were accomodated by running an air purifier, we bought some febreeze. Which did help. When I asked again about non-smoking room available the front desk told me it would be a hassle to move me and my family at that point and I should just remain in the same room for the duration of my stays.

I have learnt my lesson. Thanks! Don't book unless you are guaranteed what you would like. There are many more excellent hotels more centrally and conveniently located in Winnipeg.

Try the Clarion or the PoloPark Canad Inns. Two great holtels with great pools and waterslides!

Stayed July 2006
6 Thank NM2428

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Winnipeg
Reviewed August 10, 2006

This hotel was pretty average. It is a 2 star hotel.
Upon our arrival, we were greeted by a very rude staff member.
We went for a weekend to get away, last minute. We had a pool side room, it was ok, bathroom tile caulking and grout was moldy. The room also had a fridge, which wasn't listed on the room amenities, but a very nice surprise.
The Pool Area was excellent, hours 9:30am - 11:00pm(no adult swim time if that's what your looking for). Tropical theme with real plants and trees! Very clean, nice sized pool, a kiddie pool, and hot tub, all were great. Lots of families there, so I would recommend it for people with kids.

• Liked — Pool
  • Disliked — Lousy check in, rude clerk. Room was not as clean as it could have been.
  • Tips/Secrets — Great for families with kids, awesome pool area. Not a romantic getaway place.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
6 Thank JazF
Ottawa, ON
Reviewed December 27, 2005

We booked a hotel suite for a week. For the money we were paying we would have expected better service. We had several problems getting the room cleaned before 2 pm despite repeatedly asking that this be done (AND staying out of the room between 9 am and 2 pm) so our two preschoolers could nap. On more than one occassion despite the room being cleaned they left us no towels.

The sheets didn't fit the King Sized bed and constantly came off. There were problems with the power which kept browning out.

The restaurant was a good place for breakfast and the pool was excellent. The room itself was adequate. It was nice to have a fridge and a microwave although for some reason it didn't have a desk.

We wouldn't stay there again for a little more money I'm positive we could find better accomodations.

• Stayed August 2005
7 Thank Tawnick
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 9, 2005

Rooms are very average for a two star hotel unless you take a suite. The pool area is its nicest feature. They had trouble with the cleaning staff. They did not clean the room one of the days of our stay because we had the "do not disturb" sign on the door until eleven am. I had to buy a Lysol spray to improve the smell in the room. Some hallways are also smelly. The small restaurant was acceptable.

Stayed July 2005
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 22, 2005

I have visited this hotel on a number of occaisons. My fiance and I stay there when we are in the city over night, and love it! The rates are fair, and the rooms are excellent. I am always impressed by the service we recieve from the front desk. They have an excellent pool area, with a sauna and a hot tub! Be aware of crowds of children on weekends though, that does drive us away from the pool. The restaurant in the hotel offers guests a 10% discount, and as it's the only restaurant within walking distance, unless you count Salisbury House, it's a nice place to enjoy dinner! The only problem we have had is when we stayed in one of their suites. It did have 2 rooms, but for the same amenities and less cost we could have stayed in one of the rooms they offer with a king size bed, couch and refridgerator! One other point, often times we have heard rowdy people running the halls at 2-3:00 in the morning which the front desk does nothing to stop. Other than that, for a peaceful relaxing stay in Winnipeg, I definitatly recommend this location!

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Georgetown, Ontario
Reviewed July 24, 2004

Excellent facilities, including pool. Friendly and helpful staff too. Very good with children and their needs. Good knowledge of the local area and the city in general. Clean and bright, spacious rooms. Great restaurant too.

6 Thank bcingeorgetown
Lincoln, England
Reviewed January 17, 2004

Stayed here over the New Year 03/04 with my family. Room was well equipped and roomy. Service at reception was good. Breakfast in restaurant was excellent, good value with exceptional service from Louise. Would definately use this travelodge again.

9 Thank longd