“All-round average.”

Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites
Ranked #17 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
“All-round average.”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Noisy heater in the bedroom. Huge gap under the front door so that I could hear everything outside. Not a bad suite overall and the staff were quick to upgrade me to a suite once I said I am a very light sleeper, so good for them. The restaurant is too expensive for what it is. $28.00 for shepheard's pie? Gimme a break!! Overll, not bad, but not great. Handy for the airport, though, so I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: Pleanty of choice near the airport. Shop around!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HiltonGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites. I am sorry to hear that the heater in your bedroom was not functioning properly in your guestroom. We had sent our engineering to the room to investigate into the problem shortly we had moved you to a new upgraded suite. So rest assured that heater has been repaired. I will also pass along your comments about the pricing in the restaurant to our Operations manager and Restaurant manager for them to review. I am very pleased to hear that your problem was resolved in a very timely manner by our front desk associates shortly after you had informed them of the issue. We look forward to seeing you back in the near future.

Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Brandon, Canada
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We often stay at the Hilton Airport in Winnipeg. It has a good location, excellent staff and nice suites. We used the restaurant this time for both supper and breakfast and were very happy with both meals. The service was good and the food was excellent, well prepared and well presented.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites. We are very pleased to hear that you found our property perfect for your stay. We will certainly be posting your comments to all of our associates so that they see how greatly they impact our guests stay. Again we thank you for taking the time to write a post on our page and certainly look forward to having you back in the near future.

Kingston, Canada
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I would recommend this place to everyone it was great place to stay. The rooms are very large and bedrooms are separate from a living area. It was good and you feel very welcome with all staff. It is very clean, the beds are great, lots of pillows, pool is smaller but is clean and well looked after. The hot tub is hot, it looked very clean also. the park and fly service was hassle free, no waiting and very prompt service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HiltonGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites. We will certainly pass along your kind words to all of our associates in the hotel. It is always a pleasure to read such generous comments from our guests about the exceptional customer service you had received during your stay with us. It is our #1 goal to exceed all guest expectations in every aspect in our daily operations throughout the hotel. We look forward to having you back for another wonderful stay in the near future.

Churchill, Canada
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We had 2 adjoining rooms for 2 moms and 2 younger kids and one teenager, lots of space for everyone. The rooms were clean and comfortable, I would have taken my bed home if I could have fit it in the suitcase.We found the rooms to be nice and quiet even though we were near the elevator.The pool was good and the hot tub fantastic, the hotel prefers that you walk throught he 2nd floor to get to the pool but there is a door off the ground floor. We used the ground floor entrance as doing stairs is a challenge for one of our group and no one stopped us.Parking can be a bit of a challenge. If you need to park at the back then be prepared for a long walk to get to the lobby.The cleaning staff was at our door fairly early but came back when we asked them to. We had an excellent 5 days.

Room Tip: There were 2 mothers with a total of 3 kids ( one teenager) we had 2 adjoining rooms. There was en...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites. We are so very pleased your five night stay was most enjoyable in both the room and the pool area. I also noticed that you had really enjoyed the bed in your room as well which is always comforting to hear. If you are ever interested in ordering one of our mattresses please feel free to contact the hotel and we would be ever so happy to do so. We wish you all the best and a speedy return to our property for your next family vacation to Winnipeg.

Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

In town for 2 nights. Booked this room as it was the only place that was on HHonors. $269 a night is absolutely ridiculous. I had the one BR suite (all that was available at time of booking). great size room but I was surrounded by old furnishings and finishes. the carpet was literally coming apart at the seams and curled up. the curtains looked old and dingy. couch and chair were comfy but look dated. maybe that's just the designer's fault...

Didn't eat at the restaurant because it seemed equally overpriced. parking is $9 a night which seems like a ripoff but I understand it is to pay the security.

My biggest complaint is the wifi. what a joke. I was in a corner balcony room and the signal was terrible at best. this posed an issue because I'm here from the states. international data is super expensive so having a reliable wifi connection for internet and skype is essential. the only good thing about it was it was free. I fully expected a $14.99/night fee, so kudos on not taking my money for that.

Overall it was a nice stay. quiet and comfortable, which is what I really booked the room for. just some cosmetic issues in my opinion.

Fix the wifi signals and I'll be back. otherwise I'll wait for the Hampton Inn to open.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites. I would like to let you know that we have finished our renovation of the top three floors of the hotel with the remaining floors set to be completed at the end of 2013. Among the extensive renovations included the carpets, furnishings and fixtures and HD television channels. Outside of the room renovations we have also added a new Executive lounge on our 6th floor as well as our completely remodeled 24 hour fitness centre. I will certainly be looking into the issues with the wireless signal in your room that you had commented about. We certainly would love to see you back to give our property another chance and to have you stay in one of our newly renovated guestrooms.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Great Hotel - Only place I stay when in Winnipeg every 4-6 weeks. Always use the Fitness center. It is always the cleanest of all the hotels I stay in ( I am on the road almost every week) with all high end equipment. Great proximity to the Airport.

1 Thank jfc2
HiltonGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites. We are always pleased to see such kind comments from a regular traveler to our property. I am also very pleased that you had enjoyed our newly renovated 24 hour fitness centre. We look forward to seeing you return back very soon.

Alberta
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Winnipeg from March 10 to 15 for a business trip. The only rooms my employer would pay for are the ones by the pool because they are the cheapest. If you have a little extra money I would recommend staying in the other rooms as these ones can be fairly noisy. The pool closes by 11pm however so it was always quiet after that.

As for the rooms themselves the walls feel like they're paper thin because I could hear almost everything going on in the room next to me. I only had a neighbor one night so I dealt with it. The room had a mini fridge that didn't seem to get very cold but it was fine to store food in. It also had a microwave and sink. Nice touch if you're staying for a week since we all know restaurant food gets old real fast. The room came with two double beds that were comfy, I slept well every night. For some reason my room had a flimsy table instead of a desk. They put this tacky stained table cloth on it that was kind of gross so I didn't really use the desk. I had a friend staying in another poolside room that had an actual desk so I think this was just my room for some reason.

The bathroom was clean and a good size. Shower was nice. I noticed that they have extremely hard water. Not sure if this is a Winnipeg thing or not but when I am used to having a water softener it makes a BIG difference. So bring lots of soap and shampoo because you will need a lot of it! Bathroom came with a portable hair dryer. I didn't use it so I can't tell you if it was any good or not.

The pool was a good temperature. I noticed complaints that the pool was dirty but I didn't really notice it to the point that it bothered me.... What public pool isn't dirty? The hot tub was big and very HOT. Almost too hot because we could only sit in it for a couple minutes before it got to be too much. It is nice though because there is a little wall that separates the pool and hot tub which gives a bit more privacy.

The gym was 24hrs and was very nice! Clean and new machines. The treadmills were great. They had TV's attached to them and you could plug in your headphones to listen or hook up your IPOD through it. Gym provided towels and water.

The hotel restaurant was a bit pricey. I only ate at it once and once was enough. Food was not top quality for the prices they charge. I believe I spent 12 dollars on a spinach dip and the dip had cheese on top that was so hard you needed a knife to cut through it. Yuck.

What made this hotel good for me was the service. The attendants were SO polite and helpful whenever I dealt with them. Never once had a problem with any requests I made. I made use of the free shuttle service back to the airport which was great after having to pay for taxis all week.

The hotel is really close to the airport. The training I had to do for work was right in the area which is why I chose it. With that said there is NOTHING in the vicinity for entertainment or meals other than other hotels. We pretty much had to take a cab in order to go anywhere for a decent dinner or shopping. The area seems a little sketchy as well because its all industrial but then that's expected when you're near the airport.

Overall I would stay here again if I was in Winnipeg for the same training. If I was there for entertainment I think one is better off staying downtown or in polo park area.

Room Tip: Avoid the pool rooms if you don't like noise.
1 Thank WorldTraveller989
HiltonGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites. We are very pleased to hear that you were pleased with your stay with us during your business trip to Winnipeg. I have taken note of your comments about the temperature of the hot tub and will address it to our chief engineer right away. I am happy to see that you had enjoyed our new 24 hour fitness center along with some of our other facilities during the course of your stay with us. Once again we thank you for your comments and look forward to seeing you back soon.