“Good place to stay in Winnipeg”

Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites
Ranked #17 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Ottawa, Canada
“Good place to stay in Winnipeg”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Good food, good service, and the rooms are all executive sized with a sitting room. Lots of natural light through the hotel and in hallways. Close to airport. Not close to downtown though if you need to be there.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HiltonGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites. We look forward to having you back for another stay with us in the near future. We will see you soon.

Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
winnipeg
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Bed was very comfortable and it was very quiet in the room. Exceptionally clean throughout. The personnel was extremely friendly in hotel and restaurant. We had wedding reception here for our son. Food was the best ever. Had lots of positive comments from our friends re the food. Would definately have another function here if the opportunity came up I wouldn't hesitate.

Room Tip: been here twice. They're all good rooms
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
HiltonGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Response

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites. It is always a pleasure to see that our Hilton team has exceeded your expectations. I will certainly be passing on your comments on to the staff at the front desk, restaurant and banquet department. We look forward to having you back in the near future for another event.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I live nearby in Ontario and usually stay at this hotel. After the last 2 visits, I can honestly say I would not go back. Paying $170 plus for a hotel and not having a certain standard of cleanliness is unacceptable. There was hair in the bath tub and the sink, and the soap dish was bent and broken. Not to mention all the scum all over the tub which I had to clean before bathing my son. My toddler also found some half eaten food under the sofa and the bedroom looked like it hadn't even been vacuumed!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites. I am very sorry to hear that the state of your guestroom was not properly maintained. I will certainly be passing along your comments to our Executive housekeeper and our Chief engineer at the hotel. I can assure you that this is not the normal state of our guestrooms and should never appear to be to any of our guests. It comments like yours that help us address any deficiencies in service and our product. I am happy to inform you that we are undergoing a multimillion dollar renovation in the hotel which includes all guestrooms. We would certainly like to have you give us another try the next time you travel to Winnipeg to see our newly renovated guestrooms.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I've learned that the Hilton Diamond status means very little these days. This is the third, problem riddled, Hilton property I have stayed in as many nights.
On checkin, my reservation for a King Bed was "unavailable". This property does not even have queen beds; they have very small single beds.
My room had two beds and both frames were broken to the point the beds did not sit level.
The internet was not working either.
The front desk offered an alternative room, with the same small (cot sized) bed. The room had an overwhelming odour of chlorine from the pool
One of the elevators was out of service and the other was sporadic. I made several trips to the sixth floor by stairs.
I've stayed at this property many times for several years and have never seen so many issues.
The front desk staff where empathetic and professional, but seemed powerless to do anything.
I guess the days of upgrading the diamond member are over.
Very disappointing.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HiltonGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites. I am very sorry to hear that you did not experience our hotel the way you have normally done in the past. I will certainly be bringing up the issues you had with your stay with our Operations Manager for him to investigate further. Due to our renovation process we had one elevator out of service because of the remodeling of the interior cabin of that unit. I am also sorry to hear that we were unable to provide you with a complementary upgrade to the room of your choosing. We certainly do accommodate these requests when they are available at the hotel. Unfortunately the night you had stayed with us one was not available to you. As mention previously I will certainly be informing our Operations Manager about your stay and hope to see you back in the near future to give our property another try.

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed February 5, 2013

The carpets in the rooms are worn and stained. I have stayed a number of times and all the rooms seem to be this way. Otherwise the rooms have lots of space and are quiet. The hotel is in a convenient location for air travel. Sevice is good and beds are comfortable.

Room Tip: Avoid 309 at all costs. I asked to be moved after walking in because the carpets were extremely stai...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites. I am sorry to hear the condition of your room upon your arrival at the hotel. I am pleased to let you know that we are undergoing an extensive renovation which includes all of the carpets in the hotel. Currently our top three floors have new carpets in the rooms with the other floors soon to follow. Please let me know when you are planning on returning to Winnipeg and I will make sure you are in one of our newly renovated rooms. Thank you for taking the time and writing your comments about your stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Brandon, Canada
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I have stayed at the Hilton near the airport several times and have always found it to be a great place to stay. They offer at an extra charge for you to leave your vehicle in their parking lot while you are away, with a shuttle service to the airport that gets you there ASAP and the pick up was very fast as well. I will tell all my friends how easy it was to go for vacation flying out of wpg when staying at the Hilton before leaving or apon return.

Room Tip: their shuttle service to the airport is top notch....
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
HiltonGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites. We are always pleased to hear great comments like yours and are always happy to hear that our service was spot on. We look forward to having you back in the near future to see our completed newly renovated rooms

VIRDEN
Reviewed January 31, 2013

The front lobby had been renovated since my last stay, the change was nice. Service at check in was friendly and professional. There were renovations on my floor i was not advised when i checked in. The furniture in the bed room was old and worn looking, however the living room was fine. Parking was included however I would not pay for out door parking in Winnipeg in the winter. Food in the dining room was average. Service was average. Lounge was good however the bartenders were more casual than I prefer. Meeting rooms were fine, catered lunch was steak sandwich which was cold and the french fries were not fit to eat. Check out was easy and staff was good. I would stay at this hotel again but not at a higher rate. There are a number of hotels in the area to choose from.

Room Tip: ask for a room near the elevator as the hallways are long
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HiltonGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites. I am very happy to hear that you had a good experience with our front desk staff with both your check in and check out. As you had mentioned we have renovated the top three floors of the hotel with the other two floors set to finish later on this year. We have still not received the new furniture for these rooms as of yet but should be receiving it very shortly. I apologize if this was not informed to you at check in and that there should have been an information document in your room as well indicating this.

I will also be passing your comments onto our Restaurant manager about your steak sandwich and french fries that you had ordered. Again I would like to thank you for taking the time and writing some comments about your stay. We look forward to having you back in the near future to see our finished newly renovated rooms.