“Depends on the price you get!”

Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites
Ranked #23 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I’ve stayed here three times and have mixed feelings.

The front desk staff have always been good and the shuttle service is also a nice perk but I wouldn’t want to wait for it outside at the Airport in January.

My first stay I decided to save the company some money and booked a room near the pool. I think it’s $20 or $30 cheaper. Don’t do it. The chlorine smell was strong and the slamming of doors entering the pool area could be heard early in the morning. Rooms are nice but not as nice as the others.

The other rooms are real nice. Living area, bathroom and bedroom. Nice and spacious. Great hotel for business as the living area can be set up as a nice office space. During my latest stay, I did notice the carpets were worn - as mentioned in other reviews (hint hint) but other than that pretty good although I noticed some patch work maintenance but it was done well and nothing to get concerned about (at least they care).

I’ve been here three times and never ate via their facilities. During the latest trip the room service phone call resulted in no pickup (about 30 min to close so maybe that was it). But you can order out easy enough.

The bottom line is that as a business traveller this hotel is good if your company is willing to pay the $220 or so price tag. The rooms are like a small condo - you can’t beat that. Also, if you have a family, I suppose this also might be a good option. My only comparison in Winnipeg is the Fairfield Inn but I had an issue with snow plows at that hotel (see review).

To sum up:

Pros: service excellent, shuttle very good (but I don’t think they shuttle you around like the Fairfield and their van is getting tired), rooms are awesome (stay away from that pool level / whatever they call it), sleep quality - great aside from the time I stayed in the poolside room. I’ve seen this hotel priced all over the map. But whenever I book it, it’s over $200 so beware.

Cons: Can be expensive, check around - I can’t agree with the “Great value” reviews. Those people must be getting a discount, have four people in the room, luck out on price or something like that. Location: Great if you want to be near the Airport (see the name of the hotel) but I disagree with “Close to everything” reviews - you really can’t walk a short distance to anything at this hotel. But a $7.00 dollar cab ride will get you to the Polo mall etc - I’ve never cabbed it downtown from this location so no comment.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
HiltonGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay in one of our poolside rooms. These rooms are not as spacious as our suites as you have seen and are priced at a lower level then our suites because of this. I am glad to let you know that we have begun renovations in the hotel as you might have noticed during your stay with us. We are now starting the second stage of our renovation process and that is to all guestrooms in the hotel. I was also sorry to hear that you had to wait for an extensive period of time to place a room service order. This is certainly not a normal occurrence at our property and I will certainly pass your comments onto our restaurant manager. We would love to see you back in the near future to see our newly revitalized rooms and suites.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

I wasn't expecting much from this hotel when I arrived. But it didn't meet my expectations for what is supposed to be a 4 star hotel.

Good:
- They did allow for an early checkin which was nice.
- the hotel shuttle to and from the airport was great. Fast and clean.

Bad:
- The room carpet was kind of dingy and had stains in it.
- The heating in my room was flakey and wouldn't engage most of the time. Luckily I was in a room with two beds so I used the extra blanket.
- there was little to no hot water in the morning... I hate cold showers.
- the restaurant downstairs serves mediocre dinner (I had the filet minion). Breakfast was lackluster as well... I'd swear the scrambled eggs were sitting there for hours.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend staying here unless you have to.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank gord888
HiltonGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites. We are glad to hear you were able to check in early and take advantage of our complementary 24hr shuttle service. My sincerest apologies for appearance of the carpets in the guestroom and you’re dining experiences. I am happy to let you know that we are now going through a multi-million dollar renovation that is set to be completed early next year. We would love to have you back once they are completed so you can experience our new product for yourself.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

3 nights of restful escape during move. all staff very pleasant, some fussed over our 2 dogs. lots of outdoor garbage cans to pick up after dogs but no real greenspace nearby. They do charge $0.99 per local call and $9/nt for parking and I forget how much for wifi. Had a great suite with a very comfortable king bed with tv in bedroom and separate living area with sink, mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker, desk & chair, sofa, coffee table, armchair, and another tv. Free daily Globe & Mail newspaper. Govt rate good for all this comfort.

Room Tip: king suite room on 2nd floor was excellent and they allowed our 2 dogs, no extra charge.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
HiltonGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites. We love seeing all of our four legged friends in the hotel and were happy to meet yours. Moving can be a very stressful time and we are very delighted to hear you were able to relax during your stay with us. Please keep us in mind for another relaxing retreat in the near future.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

We were very pleased with the all-suite hotel for our family reunion and accommodating staff. The beds were very comfy and the ability to close off the "sitting room" from the bedroom was great. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 56003Traveller

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites. We are very pleased to hear your family reunion was memorable. We look forward to hosting another for you in the upcoming years. Thank you for your time in posting your kind comments about our hotel.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Great Value.

Very friendly, helpful staff.

Excellent location.

Airport shuttle.

Very good restaurant - but woul;d be nice to have less expensive alternatives.

Have stayed there often - never disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
HiltonGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites. We always enjoy hearing feedback from our return customers. We thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to post your comments about us. We look forward to seeing you back in the future so you may see our newly renovated hotel.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Under renos but still clean
Big bedrooms
Internet speeds a bit slow
Restaurant clean and food pretty good

Got a room facing some kind of industrial area so I had make sure my curtains were closed otherwise the flood lights are quite bright

Room Tip: Get a room facing away from the industrial area
Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites. I am pleased to hear you experience was enjoyable dispite the renovations taking place during your stay. We look forward to seeing you back once the renovations have completed early next year.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We're stayed her a couple of times a year for the past few years. Come to Winnipeg to see family and of course need a pool. The staff is always friendly but the rooms are really tired. Renovations are happening in the lobby right now. Theres a pretty new "Fairfield" in this area with breakfast. If you put on the $60 breakfast for 3 of us we can upgrade to a suite.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Murray2805
HiltonGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites. As you had mentioned we are going through a multi million renovation to the hotel and all of the guestrooms. We value all feedback and use to further enhance our guest experiences. We would love to see you back once the renovations have been completed.