“Great Hotel”

Ranked #17 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Maple Ridge BC
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed April 2, 2011

Normally I stay at Holiday Inns and decided to try something new on this trip to Winnipeg and I must admit I was very pleasantly surprized by the staff and the rooms in this hotel.
Not only do they have a free shuttle to and from the airport, they have free internet, free local calls and free calling card calls to their Hilton Honors membes so it is well worth signing up for. Some hotels give you nothing when you first begin with their points cards but Hilton starts you off right and the perks get better as stay more often, I will be staying in a Hilton when possible.
Eric

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Abbotsford, Canada
Reviewed February 9, 2011

We had a 1 bedroom suite and it was extremly spacious and exactly what we needed for a business meeting. The seperate bedroom was nice, as well as the little coffee and tea maker.

Room was well put together.

We had some plumbing issues and the front desk staff was extremely unhelpful with this, but I would stay here again (as long as the plumbing was fixed in our suite!)

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Trenton, Canada
Reviewed February 5, 2011

Let me preface this by saying that the staff here were incredibly pleasant and I have no qualms with them. As for the hotel itself, it just wasn't up to Hilton standards. Our room was much smaller than usual and, although not dirty, could have used some fresh paint and grout.

Free internet, but wifi only and I needed wired. The staff have portable "wired" connections that pick up the wifi signal and output via ethernet cable but I tried 2 and neither worked.

We were put on the 1st floor with a 2nd door that opened up into the pool area. Not that good since you can hear everyone swimming around. Also, this room had no outdoor window (only one opening up to the pool) so we had to keep the curtains drawn for 2 days.

Beds, tv, counters, furniture, etc. all clean, comfy and modern. But all in all, I would recommend you look elsewhere first. You're just paying for the Hilton name here.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas
Reviewed January 10, 2011

This Hilton Suites seemed a little bit older than I expected. But overall it was a good comfortable place to stay. The basic suite consisted of a separate room, with a couch and its own TV, a desk, wet bar and fridge. The bathroom was in between the bedroom and the parlor. If you were staying with someone else, one person could be in the bathroom and the other could still walk in the hallway between the parlor and bedroom. The bedroom has an upgraded flat panel TV as well.

Bonus: free wireless internet and a free shuttle to the hotel. I don't know if they pickup from the airport (I assume they do). I wish I had known that instead of paying for such a short taxi ride.

United Airlines lost my baggage and the front desk was more than accommodating. They let me leave instructions in case the bag was delivered after I checked out, and all of the employees were briefed each shift (I saw the shift instruction sheet). Great customer service!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Gaithersburg, Maryland
Reviewed January 6, 2011

We arrived very late at night, and it was cold, like Winnipeg can get. The complimentary airport shuttle was prompt, and check-in was smooth and swift. The suites were nicely apportioned and the bedding was comfortable. Breakfast was priced reasonably, and it offered a nice assortment of food items. We would definitively come back to this property, hopefully when it's warmer in Winnipeg.

• Stayed December 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed December 31, 2010

People at the Hotel were friendly, but however the cost of the food which was absolutely
abhorrent and very poor quality. I will not be staying there again. As a frequent flyer the next time will stay at the Sheraton Hotel., since people have had positive experience. Has anyone stayed at the Hilton in Winnipeg, and would like to hear about their experiences. Thankyou.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank BirdyToronto_Ontario
Toronto
Reviewed December 15, 2010

Clean hotel ... good hotel for Winnipeg ... but not having an iron and ironing board in each room is annoying. My 2nd stay at this hotel this year and I find it strange and annoying to ask the front desk for an iron and ironing board.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Hilton1800, Guest Services at Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites, responded to this review, January 2, 2011
Dear Guest:
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We greatly appreciate the positive comments regarding our hotel and team.
For your future comfort, please allow me to direct you to the front closet of each guest room where irons & ironing boards are located.
It is our goal at Hilton Suites Winnipeg Airport to be the first choice of the worlds’ traveler. Thank you again for taking the time to share your Hilton experience and we hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back again.