“Poor customer service- no follow up”

Canad Inns Polo Park
Ranked #51 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We stayed at this location and after being able to spend time in the pool (left after about 15 mins as people had the deck chairs in the water), came back to room to shower and go to bed only to find out there was no hot water. Front desk said they hoped to have it fixed by the morning. They did but I was not offered anything for the inconvenience. I emailed the location and have not heard back.
Booked again for stay today, called this morning and asked about early check in and was told I could check in at 1. I got there at 1:50 and was told they hadn't even started to clean it yet.
I can safely say this will be the last time.
And I did try to email this Jay guy that comments on here but it was bounced back

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank kimb1971
Jay E, Manager at Canad Inns Polo Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Hello Kim B,

My name is Jay Elgert and I am the Assistant General Manager here at the hotel. First off want to apologize that you were not able to connect with me through email and it was bounced back.

Regardless of that I had the opportunity to review your comments and I do recall the hot water trouble that occurred do to one of our large boilers going down. Very similar to a home hot water tank when it breaks leaves one heck of a mess to clean and could take time to repair. We did however get the hot water back up and running with in the hour.

The biggest comment that stood out for me that we need to address is the level of service you received during your visit when you encountered some issues. We here at Polo Park pride our selves on the service aspect and trying to provide the best for every guest that comes through the door and give them a positive lasting memory of their visit and on this visit we did not deliver and for that please accept my apologies on behalf of everyone here at the hotel.

Kim, I would like to extend an invite for the near future or at your availability to come back on me and have the proper getaway you should have had the first time. We are doing some renovations to our rooms shortly and I would love to send you off an invite to experience our newest product and be my guest. I can be reached at jelgert@canadinns.com or by calling the hotel directly.

Once again Kim, thank you for your time and your feedback. Once again please accept our apologies for your experience.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

I stayed at this location a few months back when I came to the city for surgery. We checked into a room that was so dingy and dirty, I was scared to put my luggage down. The carpet had crumbs all over it, there was stuff left from another guest (papers and garbage) and the toilet had crap in it, and was not flushed. I was so disgusted. I went to the front desk and asked for another room, and the girl simply gave me keys for another room. No apology, no offer for an upgrade, no compensation, nothing. She didn't even check to see if the new room was ok for me. So we went upstairs to another room on the same hall and floor and that was dingy. Everything looked old and gross in it. We stayed as we knew the front desk wouldn't do anything anyway. In the hallway there was garbage that stayed there from the time we checked in till we checked out. Don't they have people who clean?
In the morning we went for breakfast, and had a terrible server. She wouldn't give refills on the coffee, as she said we had a coupon for our meal, so coffee was not free refills. NO WHERE on the coupon did it say that?
Overall one of my worst stays, and I had to have surgery the next day. Definetly was rested for that!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Jay E, Manager at Canad Inns Polo Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Hello Mommy2boys,

My name is Jay Elgert I am the Assistant General Manager here at the hotel and I wanted to first off thank you for taking the time to send us in your comments about your most recent visit with us. Feed back is a gift to me and without we would never know where to make improvements or where to celebrate.

I was a little disappointed as you were about your visit. We strive for perfection and we know perfection isn’t always attainable but we work together to try and give every guest the best possible experience and on this visit we did not deliver that experience at all. In turn we gave you a memorable visit just not in a positive light.

On behalf of all of us here at CI Polo Park we would like to apologize for your experience and we will work together to make sure this does not happen again in the future. We take every comment very seriously and we work as a team to make changes in order to improve our services we provide to our guests. We have made some large improvements since your last visit in March which you indicated. I think you would be happy with the out come.

Once again Mommy2boys I would like to thank you for your time and we here at CI Polo Park hope to see you soon so we can give you that memorable experience once again and to show you how we have improved on those areas that you mentioned, from your previous visit.

If you are ever in town and would find it in your heart to give us that second chance please contact me directly at jelgert@canadinns.com I will make sure you are looked after and have an amazing experience here at CI Polo Park, like you should have had the first time.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

I was here for a few nights with my family and we would absolutely come back on our next trip to Winnipeg!
My daughters loved the waterslide. This is a definitely a family friendly hotel- Our kids are still asking when we can go back to get cookies from Kristin at the front desk!! She and all the staff were always on the ball with whatever we needed.
My hubbie and I checked out the playmaker bar and thought it was a great spot to watch the game- comfy chairs, big screen, great drink selection.
One complaint- some of the other customers in the lounge seemed like a bit of a rough crowd . The blonde girl working handled everything well when things got too rowdy.

Overall, check this hotel out when you're staying in Winnipeg!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Hello LisaLynne 904,

We are also very proud to announce that we have a brand new Tavern United Pub that we opened in the hotel. This could be a great outlet for you too experience on your next visit with us.

Once again LisaLynne 904 thank you for your time and we here at CI Polo Park hope to see you soon so we can give you that memorable experience once again.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

it was terrible! I visited here with my family. I was not impressed during the night there was kids running around and screaming! There was loud music playing, I alerted the front desk and they didn't do anything. The smell of chlorine was so bad by the pool I have ashma and I could not breathe. I also had a pool side room so I could not breath all night really (not serious enough for doctor) it was bad the food was ok not the best. I went to the front desk to ask for a extra card for my room and they replied "WHY WOULD YOU LOOSE IT IN THE FIRST PLACE!!" in a rude voice!!! :( I will never stay here again!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Hello Haley K

I had the opportunity to sit down and review your feed back and I was shocked to hear some of the items you encountered during your visit with us. We pride ourselves in trying to give each and every guest the best possible experience from check in to check out. I would like to personally apologize for the experience you had and wanted to assure you this is not a common practice here at the hotel and I have addressed this with our team.

We take every comment very seriously and we look for ways as a team to improve. We have made some great changes here at the hotel and we are proud of our new team.
Should you choose to find it in your heart to give us that second chance, please contact me directly at jelgert@canadinns.com and I would be honored to host you as my guest.

Once again Haley on behalf of everyone here at CI Polo Park we would like to apologize for your experience and we hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Weekend stay for a wedding. Thermostat for the ac unit was broken so had to stick a pen thru the grate to turn the ac on. Remote control for tv "sometimes" worked. But we weren't here to stay in the room. At least the king size bed was comfy! The tavern restaurant/bar was good. The other restaurant they had, I think it was called Altos was not worth it. We ordered nachos but had to send them back because the chips were stale. My sangria tasted like fruit punch soda and my husband's long island iced tea tasted like a glass of coke. They have a nice pool with a slide for the kids, which the kids enjoyed. The front desk staff were attentive and answered all our questions. Hotel is conveniently close to the airport!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Jay E, Manager at Canad Inns Polo Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Hello sellyna

Once again sellyna thank you for your time and we here at CI Polo Park hope to see you soon so we can give you that memorable experience once again and to improve on those areas you mentioned that needed some attention.

If you are ever in town and would find it in your heart to give us that second chance please contact me directly at jelgert@canadinns.com I will make sure you are looked after and have an amazing experience here at CI Destination Centre Polo Park, like you should have had the first time.

Jay

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I stayed here recently for 3 nights and was pleased with my stay. We were in town for a wedding and stayed at another hotel for 4 nights and than decided to make a switch. This hotel has a restaurant and lounge as well as a swimming pool and slide. We ate breakfast at the restaurant and it was delicious and the service was great as well. We did not use the lounge as we travelled with children. We had a room with 2 queen beds and the room was spacious, though the bathroom quite small. The pool was definitely fun for the adults and kids. I do recommend though if small kids are somewhat hesitant of water slides that you ask them to sit up as they will go slower. Me as an adult could not sit up and had no choice but to lay on my back and my little girl was hesitant so she lay with me. I was not expecting to move so fast. It was a VERY fast slide and caught me off guard. On top of that my little boy had gone down about 30 seconds before me. He in fact got scared and sat up to slow himself down. As the start/stop feature did not work we had no idea he was still in the slide. We actually flew down the slide and banged into him going VERY FAST. Luckily none of us were hurt, he just got scared and would not go down again- nor did any of us. Aside from this our stay was good. Staff at the front desk were not very inviting, but did accommodate any of our requests.PS: The beds were AMAZINGLY comfy!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Just want to thank Jay and the staff at Canad Inns Polo Park. It was my first stay and everyone treated me great. Friendly smiles and help with all my needs. Not sure when I will get back to Winnipeg but I will definitely be staying with Jay and his team. Alice

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank alice l

Hello alice l,

My name is Jay Elgert I am the Assistant General Manager here at the hotel as you know and I wanted to first off thank you for taking the time to send us in your comments about your most recent visit with us. Feed back is a gift to me and without we would never know where to make improvements or where to celebrate.

I was happy to see that overall you had a Great Experience with us. We strive for perfection on every visit for our guests and it appears we were able to give you that Memorable guest visit. If I was to ask you one question, what one thing could we have done better, what would that be?

Once again Alice thank you for your time and your positive feed back. I will make sure this is posted for everyone to see. We here at CI Polo Park hope to see you soon so we can give you that memorable experience once again.