Canad Inns Polo Park
$79
$102
$85
Travelocity
All reviewsfireplace kinghot tub and kiddie pooldouble sinkstavern uniteda pet friendly hotelbig screenshopping and restaurantswe've stayedlate checkcomfy bedairport shuttlecanadinn
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 4, 2013

my first stay at this location started with a cheerful manager Jay meeting us at the front desk, then a few personal problems during my stay were dealt with and solved quickly by his amazing staff..... at 11pm at night I realized I had a form that I needed for work that required I print and fax it, the evening guy at front desk printed, faxed and confirmed it for me and then in the morning when the taxi they had booked me was too small for me needs the morning guy had a different taxi there in plently of time to make my flight. For a business traveller there is nothing better. Joe Lassu

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank joe l
Jay E, Manager at Canad Inns Polo Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Hello Joe,

Jay Elgert here we meet at your check in. I wanted to say thank you for the great comments to me and our team here. We strive to give each guest that comes through our doors the best possible experience we can and when we encounter hiccups and speed bumps we act as a team to correct this items so the guest experience isnt impacted.

Once again I wanted to to thank you for taking the time to send us in your feed back and I will make sure each employee has the opportunity to review your comments.

On behalf of everyone here at the hotel have an amazing day and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

The worst hotel ever! It was dirty in the pool area, in the rooms, in the bathrooms, even in the elevators.
The furniture in the front foyer was dirty so I had to prop myself on the edge of the coffee table.As I sat there, I watched people going into elevators and I could tell just from the majority of the type of "Clientel" it was, that this was not a good idea to stay here.My husband had some type of bites on his wrist by the next morning.---When we checked in the young lady at the front desk was very polite and I believe that was the last POLITE person we saw there.There was some other broad that worked there that was walking back and forth during the course of the evening, she was rude to my kids and their guests,,,(and they were very well behaved)....she obviously didn't know I was watching her......Never goin back!!!!!!!!!!,,gross gross and gross!

Room Tip: dirty/rude staff/questionable clientele.........you've been warned!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank 28karen

Hello 28Karen,

My Name is Jay Elgert and I am the Assistant General Manager here at the hotel. I had the opportunity to review your comments and I wanted to first off thank you, its amazing as too how many guests wont write anything back or tell you how there stay was. Feed back is a gift to me and my team and without it we would never know where to make improvements.

We cater to every guest that enters our facility and we try and treat each customer like VIP's. We strive to give the best at every encounter and on this occassion we did not deliver. Not the best defense or excuse but the hoenst truth and I truly believe in managing with honesty. No point in lying or promising things you cant deliver.

I will however personally guarantee should you choose to give this hotel a second chance, a second chance to show case to you the true potential of the hotel and have that relaxing getaway you so deserve please contact me directly at jelegrt@canadinns.com and I will guarantee you a great experience.

28Karen, please accept my apologies for your most recent experience here and thank you.

Once again thank you for yoru time and your feed back it is extremely valuable in our growth and I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

When I booked my stay via the internet i indicated that I was booking for one adult, what made them think I'd like a room facing the pool I'll never know. The screaming from the the pool echoed all evening long as I visited with my son who was on a day leave from HSC hospital. He was not impressed either. I returned him to the hospital at 10 pm and kept telling myself that by 11pm the hotels quiet policy will be in effect and it will get better. At 11:40 pm I could still hear children in the hall talking, banging on each others doors and doors slaming. I had enough and open my door as the loud knocking was right next door and said : Hey guys it's past 11 it's quiet time. It seemed to calm down but it took a while for me to unwind and at 8 am I was awakened by the sound of kids screaming on the water slide outside my window. If the hospital or other business offered me an alternative I would of driven home last night even though it was 1.5 hrs drive and 'm not a night person. Next time I'll go back to the Holiday Inn Pembina.

Room Tip: This was my one and only visit to this location so I can't compare this room to others. I figured because it's off season for the Bombers it might be ok (no drunk roudy fans) but boy was I wrong.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Gayle S

Hello Gayle,

My Name is Jay Elgert and I wanted to first off thank you for sending in your comments from your most recent visit with us. Feed back is a gift to me and without it I would never know where improvements are needed.

I had the opportunity to review your comments and I will be sitting down with the team here at the hotel to review and make some much needed changes to how we handle certain types of situations. We strive to give our guests the best possible experience we can at every encounter and on this occassion we did not deliver and for that Please accept our apologies on behalf of everyone here at the hotel.

We learn from our mistakes and we always guarantee that we wont make the same mistakes twice. Should you find it in your heart to give us that second chance I will personally guarantee your next visit to be a relaxing getaway. I can be reached at jelgert@canadinns.com.

Once again Gayle, please accept my apologies and I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

If your looking for a good night's sleep do not stay at this hotel. It should not matter that the hotel caters to families, wedding receptions, or sports groups. Management should enforce the 'no-noise' policy that is clearly posted by the elevators i.e. Between 11:00 p.m. and 07:00 a.m., there shall be no noise.
With doors slamming and guests speaking loudly, running up and down halls etc., until 5:00 a.m. it was impossible to have a restful sleep. Management should be monitoring the halls to ensure that their policy is being taken seriously, otherwise, do not bother with the signage!
I also do not understand hotel guests who are so unaware and inconsiderate of their surroundings that they would be yelling at the top of their lungs and slamming doors in the early hours of the morning. Another indication that people have no manners!
Rooms were average, they did not have a look of 100% cleanliness and the bedsheets were creased (not ironed?), so that I had to question whether they had been changed or not! Will not return to this hotel regardless of its proximity to the airport.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Jay E, Manager at Canad Inns Polo Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Hello Marg25,

My name is Jay Elgert, I am the Assistant General Manager here at the hotel and wanted to first off thank you for your comments. Feed Back is a gift to me and without it I would never know where improvements are needed.

I have had the opportunity to review your experience with our Management team here at the hotel and with our Assistant Duty Managers who are our over night watch team of the hotel. We have made some changes to how we monitor the facility and have some new training programs put into place. I know this is after the fact and does not help make up for your experience. But I wanted to assure you that we take every comment seriously and we action out a plan to correct all cases.

On behalf of everyone here at the hotel we would like to apologize for your experience and should you choose to give us a second chance we assure you, that you will not be disappointed. That your visit will be relaxing one from beginning to the end. I can be reached at jelgert@canadinns.com.

Once again Marg25 thank you for your time and I hope to be seeing you soon.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Hotel for sure is a family hotel. If you are looking for quiet time, do not stay here, rooms were noisy but being that we were on a family venture you have to take that in account it is a hotel with a lot of kids in it.
My kids enjoyed the pool area but it was dirty with everyone walking around in their outdoor shoes in it. This is the first place I stayed where guests were allowed to do that...found it gross.
The rooms could use a huge update. And a note to those who are calling house keeping for more towels, be specific, our room had one bath towels for four people...called house keeping, brought one towel 3 times for us.
Basically found the hotel pricey. Have stayed at other hotels comparing in price, some even cheaper and had a better stay and same pool ammenities.
I know my family and I will not be staying here on future Winnipeg ventures.

Room Tip: Take sandals for pool area
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Jay E, Manager at Canad Inns Polo Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Hello Darlene,

My name is Jay Elgert I am the Assistant General Manager here at the hotel and wanted to first off thank you for taking the time to send us your comments from your most recent visit with us. Feed back is a gift to me and without it I would never knwo where improvements are needed.

I wanted to send you an apology from all of us here at the hotel. We strive to give each and every guest that comes through our doors the best possible experience we can and on this occassion we did not deliver.

I also had the opportunity to review thsi with our management team and make some necessary changes for moving forward. We all agreed the shoe perspective in the pool area that you encountered is one we could review and look at possibly enforcing in the hotel area. it would definately help the cleanliness. For that I want to personally thank you. We are a team that learns and grows from our opportunities and I promise you the items you mentioned in your review will not take place again in this hotel. I am hoping to see you again soon, an opportunity to sit with you and see how your return visit has gone.

Once again our deepest apologies for your expeirence and I hope to see you soon.