“Good stay”

Canad Inns Polo Park
Ranked #52 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Clean rooms, friendly staff, pet friendly. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The cleaning staff were very friendly and happy, every time we passed them they greeted us with smiles! The pet friendly program was wonderful. When we checked in we were greeted with poop bags and treats for parents dog. The dog was happy.

Only complaints would be no laundry service, but the staff was helpful in finding a laundromat. Our bathroom was very outdated and our taps were very wiggly.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank chelseakicks7

Reviewed June 18, 2012

My husband and I wanted a mini honeymoon so we stayed in one of the themed rooms because of the jacuzzi tub. When we first arrived we had difficulty at the front desk. We had already paid a deposit, but they wanted another one which we didn't understand because we had a reservation, and had already paid a deposit. They also were really slow. We thought that they should have had everything ready to go since we made a reservation well in advance and they knew what time/day we would be arriving.

A major complaint I have was there were not enough handicap parking spaces. I am unsure if this is the hotel's fault or not, but it is annoying. I have to drop off/pick up my husband at the door while I drive to the far end of the parking lot and walk. With a hotel this big, there should be plenty of parking for those who need it.

The room was spacious, and the bed was very comfortable. We were very happy with our room. It was also pretty quiet, especially since I know how many kids were staying at the hotel. The tub was a little loud when you turned on the jets, and by a little loud I mean I couldn't hear what my husband was saying. However, I did enjoy it.

I loved how close it was situated to shopping. You could essentially walk if you really wanted to. It was great for that.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lady_Katka
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Our flight with Calm Air was cancelled on April 14, 2012.
We had to stay in Winnipeg 2 days until our next flight.
I called Canad Inns Polo Park and snagged the last King Size room they had.
We arrived at the hotel before 10:00 a.m., and they were able to give us a room right away.
We ate Supper in the VLT Bar - Burger and Roast Beef Dip.
Food was very tasty.
We were allowed a late check out at noon.
Room was clean.
Our only issue was having the room next door stay up all night talking.
The people staying there, they never shut up the entire time we were in our room,
We finally phoned the front desk at 2:30 a.m., and security came.
We were on the 5th floor, room 524.
In future, we'd request a room at the other end of the hall.
There was noise coming from the downstairs bar, and the walls are not as sound proof as some of the newer hotels we stayed at.
We had breakfast in the Restaurant, again, the food was very tasty.
Loved the free Shuttle service back and forth to the Airport.
Thank you for being able to accomodate us on such short notice!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on March 13/12

I was amazed at the Service!!

I first met Vince their Suttle bus driver great personality friendly very very hard worker. Does more then just driver shuttle bus.

Vince picked me up with a big smile and took my bags and carfully put them in the Shuttle.

He drove me safely to the hotel and took my bags that were heavy since I was traveling to Nunavut to visit my grandchildren.

When I checked in it was noon not the normal check in time.
Most rooms were not clean yet.

BUT Shanda the very nice polite young lady behind the counter did NOT MAKE WE WAIT she found a upgraded room with King bed microwave fridge,renovated clean very pretty room granite counters in bathroom tons of fluffy pillows and comfy bed not hard slept like a baby.

Not a SQUEAKY bed at all no dirt anywhere. I was reading some other reviews.

They did not charge me extra! Very fare rates to by the way for a room at this hotel.

Well Shanda also gave me free yummy hot cookies two of them and Vince he grabbed my bags and also got the elevator and took me to my room. I have only seen that done in old black in white movies back in the day of real customer service or a all inclusive in mexico.

With a smile Vince said have a great stay and he would see me soon when he was going to drive me for free over to see my New Grandson over at the Inuit Center. He also picked me up for free and drove me back to hotel 1 hour later.

The Weston in Edmnoton was a great hotel but these folks went above and beyond.

The buffet was great amazing food and service.

The free shuttle to and from the Airport and the place where my Grandson was saved me alot in Taxi fares.

I wish they had more of these hotels all over Canada

Hope this helps anyone having a lay over like I did. My son told me about this place.

take care safe travels.
Lisa Rudkin

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 3, 2012

We've stayed at this hotel before, but not in the last couple of years. The quality of the hotel has not improved and although they upgraded some of the (business) rooms cosmetically, you can tell that you are still sleeping under the same old squeaky mattress and showering with the same old not-fitting shower head (at least our room was like that). It is also a very noisy hotel often used for sport teams and loud wedding parties. You can hear people talk in the hall way. Ask for a room away from the elevator! The fan in the room (that can't be turned off) is very loud and makes a swooshing sound like listening to the ocean on a stormy night, but than in a annoying way.
The rate was decent through Expedia and the staff is very friendly. Not a bad hotel for when you go shopping or want to bring the kids, but don't expect anything more.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators. This is a noisy hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 3, 2012

This is our home away from home when in Winnipeg for meetings. Location is fine for access to our office. Many of the rooms have been upgraded, which has added immensely to the hotel atmosphere. Ask for an upgrade to a king suite, you won't regret it. Our highlight always when staying here is the Tavern in the hotel. Staff is excellent, and it is a great place to unwind after meeting, have a couple of drinks, and enjoy some great finger food.

Room Tip: upgrade to a king suite.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 20, 2012

I stayed at this hotel when I came to the city for a doctor appointment for my son. We were put in a dirty room that had a huge chunk of gum or something smeared into the carpet in the main walkway between the beds and the bathroom. I called the front desk who sent up housekeeping with a vacuum...needless to say a vacuum doesn't work so well on old gum. She said they would deal with it the next day. They didn't, nor the day after that. I was pretty disappointed with that and the rest of it overall was below standard.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family