“Not Bad!!!”

Canad Inns Polo Park
Ranked #53 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Reviewed October 12, 2011

Room needed some work and fixed when asked. The food was very good. Bar was nice but fills up quick due to it's size.

• Stayed: September 2011

Reviewed September 23, 2011

Stayed at Canad Inns Polo Park in early September to attend a football game at Canad Inns Stadium.

The hotel is a perfect location if you are going to the stadium or just in Winnipeg to shop and be entertained. Rooms are well equipped with flat screen TV's, coffee makers and a fridge. Internet and parking are complimentary. The room was clean and well maintained. The bed was extremely comfortable although the pillows left something to be desired.

The restaurant serves decent food and there is a daily buffet featuring different fare each day. Certainly the variety is good and there is always something that you will like.

Front desk staff is friendly and goes above and beyond to please.

We have stayed here on several ocassions and would definitely return again when visiting Winnipeg.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank brian157
Reviewed September 23, 2011

I recently gave a presentation at the Canad Inn. The Foundation I work for had rented one of the conference rooms and I was an invited speaker. Upon my arrival, I realized I had forgotten the photocopies of my handout at my place of work and Shanda, the very friendly and courteous clerk behind the desk did not hesitate, and very quickly and efficiently helped me out with my problem...which was no longer a problem because of her "no problem" attitude. Thank you Shanda, my day was made much more pleasant and worry free because of your wonderful customer care approach and your smile. :-)

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Spent a week. The room was clean and comfortable. The food was good. Kids enjoyed the pool. The conference facilities are very good.
I find this facility to be the same as any of the larger chains.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We came to Winnipeg for a gathering of old friends. We had a nice stay at this hotel and would likely stay there again on our next trip. It was nice to be so close to shopping and the main highway.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Becky B
Reviewed June 22, 2011

We stayed here for my son's hockey tournament on June 15 to the 19th 2011. We arrived at the hotel about 11 at night. I noticed some stains on the sink and bathtub but decided to clean them myself and not complain. Then my son got into bed and freaked out saying it smelled like puke! Sure enough I smelled the sheets and it REEKED like puke! Then I noticed dry puke all over the carpet! I called the front desk furious! The hotel was booked so we were stuck in that room for the night! They sent a maid to the room who didn't speak very good English! After trying to explain to her that the mattress needed to by flipped (the mattress reeked like puke too) and we needed new bedding she finally understood our issue! I called the front desk again! I told them we couldn't even walk on the carpet without shoes! It was disgusting! The hotel is poorly cleaned as well! I will never stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Charmaine68
Reviewed April 15, 2011

Boy that was nasty....stayed with a large group for a 5 night booking and we all checked out after the 2nd night! Reasonalby clean, very noisey air con, fridge and hallway.
Beds were like sleeping on straw mats and staff/management was uncaring & disconnected when we complained...guess they thought we were a group and would not leave...surprise!!
I cannot believe this is Manitoba's largest hotel chains..if so, simply by default. What an embarrasment in the feild of service. 1 to 2 Star Hotel (generous)
Location?...don't go outside without armed guard after dark. Close to amenities though.

But the storey ends well as we all moved to the Hilton suites on Wellington. (Airpoirt)
WOW..less money for 4-star suites and service you would expect from Hitlon, (no I don't work for Hilton!.

Hope this little tip helps...

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank advice_11
Travelers also viewed these Winnipeg hotels
St. James Industrial
Clarion Hotel Winnipeg
#21 of 63 in Winnipeg
Quality Inn & Suites
#38 of 63 in Winnipeg

Been to Canad Inns Polo Park? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Canad Inns Polo Park

Address: 1405 St Matthews Ave, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3G 0K5, Canada
Location: Canada > Manitoba > Winnipeg > Downtown Winnipeg
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #53 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Price Range: $93 - $132 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Canad Inns Polo Park 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Canad Inns Polo Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Canad Inns Polo Park Hotel Winnipeg