“GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE”

Canad Inns Polo Park
Ranked #52 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Reviewed April 12, 2011

Stayed at the Polo Park for one night. I have to admitt the lobby, and restaurant is updated but the rooms still need a liitle work. The t.v. is hard to figure, and I found myself frustrated with trying to do so.
On a better note the staff are very nice and very accomadating. They have a shuttle to the airport and to the polo park shopping center which is really convient especially if you are not familiar with the city.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed January 1, 2011

Dated rooms
Waterpark was fine
Restaurant was very good
Fitness center - TV broken, no paper cups in the water cooler, and no fans - very hot

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 26, 2010

This place is in serious need of renos. The only reason that they can charge what they do is becuase of their location to Canad Inns stadium - right across the street. The carpets were stained, and the bathrooms were really outdated. I wouldn't recommend this place at all!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2010

My experience at this hotel could not have been worse. Due to mechanical problems with my vehicle I checked late one night into this place as a walk-in. I was given a rate of $139.00 which is, for this 2 star hotel (at best) is ridiculous. I ws told I just got the last room and therefore there was nothing he could do to improve the price. When I entered my room it became very obvious that the room had been used but not cleaned. There were ber bottles on the floor and the bed linens were also. The room simply had not been cleaned from the night before. On my way down to the front desk to get another room (or to check out as it was the last room) my elevator stopped on every floor. There were these young boys running up and down the hall (it was after 11PM) an dup and down the elevators so I can only assume they were the culprits.
When I got to the front desk I told him my issue with the room he gave me and he promptly gave me another one. I said to him that he had just told me I received the last room in the hotel, so how was it possible to get another room. He toldme that they are told to tell people that when they complain about the 139.00 rate. When I got up to my new room I soon discoverd that my television didn't work.
The next morning I complained about the whole experience and was offered a gift card towards my next stay. I paid for the room using a debit card, instead of the credit card I had given them the night before. I specifically asked if my credit card had been charged. I was told that it hadn't. One week later I discovered while checking my charges online that there was a 250.00 hold on the credit card and that the hotel had put it on there. I complained by calling the hotel and was told they would remove it. The next day I discovered that the hotel had put a second hold on the card and had NOT taken the first off either. AnytimeI call the finance people at the hotel I receive a recorded message. as of the writing of this review both holds are still on the credit card.

Booooo boooooo booooo.

They can stick their gift card. I wil never use any Canad Inns hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed June 3, 2010

I can't say enough bad things about this hotel. We were there for 2 nights, and if I'd have had to stay a third, I'd have jumped from a window.

The first room we were given was directly across from the elevators, behind the ice maker machine, and looked out on the indoor pool. Noisy? You bet. The room was small, stuffy, and old. And, of course, every guest who gets to the elevators and has to wait figures this is a "public" area and talks and laughs loudly. We requested a room change.

The room we were given the second night was directly across the hall from two rooms of giggling, yelling teens (could have been a prom, could have been a wedding). They announced to the floor at 1 a.m. that they were home, and spent the next hours in the hallway and with their doors open yelling, laughing, and partying. We finally called the front desk to complain at 2 a.m. They said they'd send someone up. They never did. The party either ended at 3 a.m. or we fell asleep from exhaustion at 3.

When we complained the following morning, the desk staff didn't charge us for the night and promised the manager would call the following day. "The following day" was 4 days ago and we haven't heard a word.

I would rather have my eyes eaten by maggots than stay in this hotel again. And that's putting it lightly.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank BigG-28
Reviewed April 26, 2010

We stayed as part of a large group, prepaid and all. No problems checking in, verified that we were part of the group. We were guaranteed a quiet and very secure building but there was a PARTY in our hallway till 3:30 a.m. Loud banging air fans in the room, awful beds. When we checked out, they insisted that we were NOT part of the group and we had to pay for our room. Several others in our group had the same problem. It took till the next day for the manager to come in and fix everything.

• Stayed: April 2010
1  Thank MaryAnn D
Reviewed April 20, 2010

We stayed here last night, 3 hours away from home and our truck was broken into. Steering column totally hooped and were unable to drive it home. Had to catch a ride back with someone else. Parking lot is supposed to have security, REALLY? Where? Talked to the front desk was given the phone number of the GM and he has yet to return my calls. Our truck had to be towed and we are without our vehicle now for at least 2 weeks, not to mention have to drive 3 hours back to WPG to pick it up! NEVER EVER STAY AT THIS PLACE! After talking to some of the people that work here, even their vehicles have been broken into or stolen.... Maybe it's time to look at what a crappy job your security is doing! Come on people, can you imagine what it was like to go out in the morning and find your vehicle broken into? Do a better job!

Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business