“Stuffy Room Temperature” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 64 Hotels in Winnipeg
The Pas
“Stuffy Room Temperature”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Executive room suite was fantastic, but it was too warm for me and the family. Had to call front desk so that they may provide us with some complimentary fans.
We stayed on the 22nd floor and the view during day & night was superb!
Would stay here again. Just be sure to pay in cash, less confusing during checkout...

Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Stayed a couple of nights while we explored the downtown area - it worked out very well with the Forks, Exchange District, Legislature and Osborne Village all in easy walking distance. Good to have a bit more space than your average hotel room and a full kitchen provides options for meals.

Room Tip: We were on the 11th floor and not disturbed by street traffic
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I typically travel solo on business, and have my family with me this week. We are enjoying a five-night stay at the PLR.

As a business traveler, it's nice to spread out and have a distinct "no work" zone in the bedroom. As a family traveler, the extra space is even more important for letting the kids stretch out and have some toys.

My wife and I and our two kids (2.5 and >1) have plenty of room, and the full-sized playpen we brought fits great in the bedroom.

The full kitchen allows us to prep some food for us and the kids, and more importantly keep snacks and drinks cold during the hot summer days.

The breakfast buffet is perfect for us - with my wife and I having a plate of food and the kids simply sharing with us.

All of the staff have been great with the kids.

In the hallways, we can hear other kids and a few pets, but in the room it's quiet. No loud guests, hallway noise, traffic noise, or otherwise. It's bliss.

The proximity to the Forks and other attractions makes it ideal for grabbing the stroller and heading out the door on an adventure.

The renovations have shifted to the front facade of the building, and are impacting more of the parkade and sidewalk now than earlier in the spring.

I look forward to my future stays at the PLR as a business traveler, and now with my family as well.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank BizTrippingDad
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Very close to train station, forks market, human rights museum (opening soon), baseball diamond and osborne village. There's also a few concert venues near by.
The decor was really nice, very up to date.
Parking was secure and cheap. The hotel is downtown so there are a few characters about but the hotel itself is very secure with great staff.
Clean comfy beds and a very well equipped kitchen, lots of counter space in the bathroom which is rare.
Our room was high up and the view was great! I have a new love for my city its very green with a few taller buildings here and there quite nice.

Room Tip: The higher floor number the better!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
      Cleanliness
1 Thank GirlAndHerSuitcase
Dayton, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Sorry for the wrong date, but I just had to make sure everyone knew how great this hotel is . My family and I stayed here in July in 2012 and loved it. Everyone was nice and the hotel is wonderful. It's close to everything. Nice big rooms. Very safe hotel in the middle of the city. Walking distance to a lot of great sites.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Stayed in a King suite - managed to get the top floor! View is amazing!! The suite was spacious and very clean - the only thing they missed was the forehead smudges on the window (people checking out the view I expect). The kitchenette was well stocked with nice dishes and cutlery, and there was even a Keurig and coffee pods. The furniture was comfy, huge TV, and the bed was so great we overslept almost 2 hours! (our fault, we didn't set an alarm!). Staff were very pleasant and helpful. No room service, but there is take-out from the restaurant on the main floor. The food was very good, and they even cut one of the strawberries into a rose shape for our dessert! Other hotels in the same price range don't have the kitchenette and separate living room.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

I have very mixed reviews.
The pros:
- Clean rooms
- Phenomenal service
- Good location

Cons:
- Somewhat pricey for value
- No continental breakfast
- Kitchenette not the most accommodating/practical
- No pool on site

For the price you pay I found it to be ok, but I've been to better for that price.

The kitchenette was VERY disappointing. There were a lot of little things missing - scissors, hand soap measuring cup(s). Things that aren't mandatory but would have been useful.
I was hosting an event over the weekend and it was very frustrating trying to prepare the evening with what was given to me.

They only had 1 towel. I had to call front desk 5-6 times for that and other random things that are normally in any hotel room.

Needing a key to enter both the hotel and the elevator was nice. It made my wife and I happy to know that they put customer safety high on the list. As a first time visitor to Winnipeg I would definitely say it is a little rough around the edges (I saw 4 people getting arrested during my visit).

Bottom line I liked it, but I doubt I'd return.

Stayed July 2014