“Great place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 65 Hotels in Winnipeg
mississauga
“Great place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the room was. Kitchen with was well equiped nice king bed with wall mounted tv. Maid staff was exceptional. Only downfaults was the parking lot. Other than that I would say it is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: booked thru priceline. paid $85 per night. Great deal
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Van BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

My husband & I stayed here for a weekend in late April. It is in a good location downtown. The exterior of the hotel is a bit deceiving as it is nice boutique studio suite hotel. Comfortable king size bed, with equipped kichenette, good sized bathroom with good amenties (although a shoe buff would be nice given the dusty, sandy streets of springtime) and a small lving area in front of the bed. Good layout. Complimentary bottled water and wireless internet service are always nice and appreciated. We stayed on the 17th floor and it was quiet. Front desk staff were always friendly, courteous and helpful. We would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

This suite hotel has everything you might want for a home away from home. Beautiful suites, nicely decorated, with a good living room office area, a bathroom with wonderful amenities, and a comfortable king-sized bed. The kitchen area includes a full-sized fridge, stove, microwave, and all the dishes and cutlery you might need .And a Keurig coffeemaker. The staff is wonderfully helpful. I had left my lecture notes behind and since I was traveling without a printer I inquired about the business center. Yes, there is one, but I was advised to email them to one of the staff and she would deal with them. Which she did in 10 minutes flat for a very minimal charge and refused to be tipped. The restaurant is good; the fish I had was fresh and not over-battered, and the desserts are very good indeed. Service was prompt and very friendly. Prices are what you might expect for a hotel restaurant, but it was good food.

While I had next to no complaints, the security level in the hotel took some getting used to. For example, you need your key to operate the elevator. And since I am one of those disgusting smoker folks, I managed to leave mine in the room not once but twice in my quest for a cigarette. The first time I did this, staff escorted me to my room and asked me to show a passport once I got there, which I thought was a little bit of an overkill. The second time, I had no problem getting a replacement key. The other issue about this security level, of course, is that if you are meeting someone you must meet them in the lobby and escort them upstairs. I consoled myself with the fact that the trips up and down burned calories (and gave me time for a cigarette), but I really would have liked a more user-friendly security system. That said, I did indeed feel very, very safe --- which is nice when you're traveling alone.

I would stay here again any time and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Ekeen_Saad, Guest Relations Manager at Place Louis Riel Suite Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel and for taking the time to write a review. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We are pleased that your stay was pleasant and that our accommodations and services were acceptable to you. Thank you for the wonderful comments towards our hotel and our associates. I have shared this information with our team and we will continue to work hard to make your stay a positive experience every time.

Once again, thank you for choosing Place Louis Riel Hotel and we look forward seeing you again.

Best Regards,

Ekeen Saad
Guest Experience Leader
Place Louis Riel Hotel
Thompson, Manitoba, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

If you are planning to stay downtown hotel at the Place Louis Riel Suite Hotel do yourself a favor and AVOID YUSIF. This guy truly does not belong in the hospitality business!

To give you a brief summary, when my wife and I along with our 2 year old baby checked in, his attitude towards us was very rude and and unwelcoming manner! No welcome, no friendly hello, hi how are you? Just a complete rude manner and had nothing to say about the hotel and definitely no "enjoy your stay" from this character! Truly this guy is in the wrong business!!! To make it worse he slams the key cards after activating them! Even tried to slam the parking pass I had asked for! Geez! What a headache this guy is! My wife saw the attitude he had and she wasn't happy at all with the slamming of our key cards! This was the thing that upset the both of us. The only reason we did not confront him or check him on his attitude was because of our baby as the delayed arrival and was too tiring and we just wanted to get her to bed. So we thought it would better to forward get our rest then send a formal complaint to management and hope it gets their attention on this rep or theirs! So we must warn other potential travellers that may come across this idiot! So warning to all! Avoid this "Yusif" character all together! It is too bad as I am a regular visitor to this hotel but now I think this fool has convinced me to find another establishment that will appreciate the business!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank Irvin S
Ekeen_Saad, Guest Experience Leader at Place Louis Riel Suite Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Good Afternoon Irvin,

We appreciate your feedback and were very surprised with your comments. Our staff engage in Guest Satisfaction training and workshops on a regular basis. To address the Front Desk Associate you mentioned, Yusuf is regarded by us, as a Customer Service Champion. Recently, Yusuf was recognized by the Hospitality industry, as well as his peers for his outstanding Customer Service. Furthermore, Yusuf was presented with the Silver Plume Award, which is a city wide organization that awards the best of the best in the Hospitality industry.

You are welcome to contact the hotel again to discuss this matter as you have had several dealings with management already.

Place Louis Riel Hotel
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Stayed in an Executive Studio King Suite which included a good sized kitchen, sitting area and a king sized bed (so comfortable). Very clean, free wireless and breakfast also included. Front desk staff, bellman and restaurant staff all very kind and ready to assist. Newly renovated for a very comfortable stay. Great rate too!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Ontario's Near North, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My husband and I were in Winnipeg to deal with some family business. I looked on trip advisor, as I always do, for a hotel that is reasonably priced and good ratings. I came across this hotel and decided to book it. We have stayed here for 5 nights now and love it! Front desk staff are great, the room has a wonderful kitchenette with stainless steel fridge, oven, and microwave. A small counter with two stools so you can eat at the counter. There are 2 of everything in the cupboards. Bowls, plates, coffee cups, silverware. It also has a Keurig coffee maker. The bed was super comfortable, there are five different pillows on the bed so you will find one that is perfect for you.
The only thing I did not care for is that you pay for parking at the hotel. Even with that it is still cheaper than other lower rated hotels in the area. Close proximity to a lot of different restaurants. I will be staying here again when we come back to Winnipeg for a visit !!

Room Tip: We stayed in 1105. It was great. Nice view of part of the city.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

This is a great place! Very stylish rooms and lobby, delectable beds and bedding, pharmacopie toiletries (always a nice touch) walking distance to the forks and portage place. Decent value, for the type of room. Would come back for sure!

I even had a personalized card waiting for me in my room, to thank me for the business, along with a packet of trail mix :) nice touch

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Basio_fervidus
John_Saad, Guest Relations Manager at Place Louis Riel Suite Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and writing a wonderful review of our property. We are pleased that you enjoyed our spacious All-Suite Hotel rooms that we have to offer. We are glad to hear that you slept comfortably on the large pillow top bed and were able to enjoy the toiletries we provide.

We are fortunate to be located in a central area of downtown close to many great sites (shopping, museums, parks, The Forks) that Winnipeg has to offer.
We take pride in providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service experience. We truly enjoy sharing our passion for our destination with visitors and want you to walk out the door feeling great. We are pleased that your stay was pleasant and that our accommodations and services were acceptable to you.

Thank you for choosing our hotel and we look forward seeing you again.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to email me at ekeen.saad@placelouisriel.com

Ekeen Saad | Guest Experience Leader