This was our second stay at this hotel. Comfortable bed. Small pillows. Unreliable wi-fi both stays on two separate visits on two floors, facing different directions. Two nights on the second stay we just gave up on the wifi. Clear flat screen TV. Fridge in room. Microwave in lobby beside front desk. Room furnishings/carpeting dated. Carpet rolling up. Good climate control though finished each run with loud CLUNK, startlingly loud enough to make us think someone was coming through connecting door. About a 10-15 minute direct drive to downtown. Liked the location. We didn't hear busy street in our room. Restaurant on site, seemed like reasonable menu and reasonable prices though we didn't use it. Room service too seemed reasonably priced/reasonable variety. GREAT staff: our mistake we didn't realize cleaning staff was ready to come in, and she was well into room before realizing we were there. She retreated and phoned in a few minutes to apologize. OUR FAULT! When we were missing a newspaper in the morning and called for one, in a few minutes the front desk called to make sure we knew it had now been delivered. Large windows (but they don't open), good views of city. VERY tight parking for larger vehicles. Felt very safe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visitors to Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada looking for a friendly hotel and a superbly convenient location choose the Holiday Inn Winnipeg South Hotel. Situated on Pembina Hwy at McGillivray Blvd with easy access to downtown Winnipeg, our hotel is close to all area attractions and businesses. Leisure guests love our pet friendly hotel's location in South Winnipeg because we're close to the Forks National Historic Site, the Royal Canadian Mint, Fort Whyte Alive, the Assiniboine Park & Zoo and shopping at the St. Vital Centre or the Kenaston and McGillivray Box Stores. Sports fans enjoy the nearby soccer complex and the Pan Am Pool.Business guests appreciate our Winnipeg lodging since we are close to the University of Manitoba and Fort Garry Industrial Park. We're pleased to offer over 7,500 sq. ft. of meeting space and a unique A/V Conference Theatre that seats 65 people. Naturally, there is free high-speed, Wi-Fi Internet access and a business centre. We also offer a free shuttle service to the Winnipeg Airport with advance reservations. Our guests enjoy staying in one of the most spacious and comfortable hotels in Winnipeg. Amenities include an excellent full-service restaurant, indoor pool and a 24-hour fitness centre. Families appreciate the kiddie pool and our Children's Activity Centre. On your next visit to Winnipeg choose our Holiday Inn Winnipeg South hotel for a great stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, IHG, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Winnipeg South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Winnipeg South Hotel Winnipeg
- Winnipeg Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Winnipeg South Manitoba