I didn't know what I was going to say about this hotel. Some things I really liked, and some things I hated. The longer we stayed, the harder it was to decide if I would stay here again.
The room: very old looking and definitely in need of a renovation. The beds were comfortable enough but the comforter was soooo loud! All you hear at night is SWISH SWISH SWISH.
They give you a fridge in the room, which is great. And we thought that it was the quietest hotel we had ever stayed in.
Housekeeping: staff was unbelievably great. They were very diligent in cleaning the room and even made me sign something when I declined cleaning. They really look after you that way.
The restaurant: I had a burger which was good, I liked the fries too. I thought it was pricey and only ate there once. Again, very old and worn looking furniture in desperate need of a reno. No continental breakfast which was disappointing.
Pool: we went once, this area is also desperately in need of a reno, the hot tub jets barely bubble and it's grungy looking. There is a kids play area that is closed off which is great if you want to sit in the hot tub and watch your kids play through the glass. We didn't do that, however, because there is an exit door attached to the play room that people kept coming in and out of, this was disconcerting (I kept imagining someone luring children through the door, creepy)
Staff: i don't have much to say as we didn't interact with many staff members. I noticed they were always very fast when we asked them to bring something to our room.
Best part: definitely the best was that we arrived very early in the morning and we had no where else to go in winnipeg, so the staff worked really hard to get us into a room quickly. And the price, I booked on Hotwire and got a phenomenal deal.
The worst: the hotel is just so outdated, really needs a Reno in the rooms, pool and restaurant. No security on the back (parking lot) door or the elevators either. Some more attention to the fine details and this could be a hotel I would loyally stay at.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visitors to Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada looking for a friendly hotel and a superbly convenient location choose the Holiday Inn Winnipeg South Hotel. Situated on Pembina Hwy at McGillivray Blvd with easy access to downtown Winnipeg, our hotel is close to all area attractions and businesses. Leisure guests love our pet friendly hotel's location in South Winnipeg because we're close to the Forks National Historic Site, the Royal Canadian Mint, Fort Whyte Alive, the Assiniboine Park & Zoo and shopping at the St. Vital Centre or the Kenaston and McGillivray Box Stores. Sports fans enjoy the nearby soccer complex and the Pan Am Pool.Business guests appreciate our Winnipeg lodging since we are close to the University of Manitoba and Fort Garry Industrial Park. We're pleased to offer over 7,500 sq. ft. of meeting space and a unique A/V Conference Theatre that seats 65 people. Naturally, there is free high-speed, Wi-Fi Internet access and a business centre. We also offer a free shuttle service to the Winnipeg Airport with advance reservations. Our guests enjoy staying in one of the most spacious and comfortable hotels in Winnipeg. Amenities include an excellent full-service restaurant, indoor pool and a 24-hour fitness centre. Families appreciate the kiddie pool and our Children's Activity Centre. On your next visit to Winnipeg choose our Holiday Inn Winnipeg South hotel for a great stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, IHG, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holiday Inn Winnipeg South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Winnipeg South Hotel Winnipeg
- Winnipeg Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Winnipeg South Manitoba