I have stayed at this location several times.
I am a regular business traveller and pretty loyal to Holiday Inn ( partly due to their exceptional loyalty program ) .
I just land here because I know this area now and it has a semi good restaurant. The food is average and the menu is pretty limited but the service staff are friendly as are the front desk employees.
I drove here from Thompson MB and at The Best Western Thompson ( the middle of nowhere ) I had crystal clear, speedy internet. In the largest city in the province, the internet is horrible and is obviously limited to cut costs. In 2012 when Thompson can get it right, it is a sin for a Holiday Inn to be represented by such misers who try and boost their bottom line by going lean on such an essential service.
As a Platinum Priority Club Member, I was given a bottle of water and a cookie in a ziplock bag.
The parking would be a challenge for a nervous driver. On the plus side the parking lot is located directly beside a police station so there is a sense of vehicle security that you might not enjoy at the downtown location.
I read in a previous review that there is a Polo Park Holiday Inn opening. They will get my business next trip to Manitoba.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visitors to Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada looking for a friendly hotel and a superbly convenient location choose the Holiday Inn Winnipeg South Hotel. Situated on Pembina Hwy at McGillivray Blvd with easy access to downtown Winnipeg, our hotel is close to all area attractions and businesses. Leisure guests love our pet friendly hotel's location in South Winnipeg because we're close to the Forks National Historic Site, the Royal Canadian Mint, Fort Whyte Alive, the Assiniboine Park & Zoo and shopping at the St. Vital Centre or the Kenaston and McGillivray Box Stores. Sports fans enjoy the nearby soccer complex and the Pan Am Pool.Business guests appreciate our Winnipeg lodging since we are close to the University of Manitoba and Fort Garry Industrial Park. We're pleased to offer over 7,500 sq. ft. of meeting space and a unique A/V Conference Theatre that seats 65 people. Naturally, there is free high-speed, Wi-Fi Internet access and a business centre. We also offer a free shuttle service to the Winnipeg Airport with advance reservations. Our guests enjoy staying in one of the most spacious and comfortable hotels in Winnipeg. Amenities include an excellent full-service restaurant, indoor pool and a 24-hour fitness centre. Families appreciate the kiddie pool and our Children's Activity Centre. On your next visit to Winnipeg choose our Holiday Inn Winnipeg South hotel for a great stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, IHG, Expedia, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn Winnipeg South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Winnipeg South Hotel Winnipeg
- Winnipeg Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Winnipeg South Manitoba