Fort Garry Hotel
Travelodge Winnipeg East(Winnipeg)(Great Value!)
$78
$79
$106
$97
1,231 results
All reviewspalm roombiscottigrand old hotelfeather bedbroadway roomrailway hotelpiano playerhaunted roomsunday brunch isnatural habitatclassic hoteleggs benedictcoffee servicebeautiful hotelbreakfast buffet ismodern amenitieshotel guests
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 17, 2014

My friend, who used to live in Winnipeg, came for a visit and stayed at the Fort Garry. As she has become less mobile and more confined to a wheelchair, we decided to have lunch together in the former Palm Room, off the lobby. I parked in the hotel's parking lot, went up to her room and wheeled her to the restaurant. After a very good lunch, served by a pleasant server, I went to have my parking ticket validated. I paid $50 plus tip for our lunch, and as in other locations, that expenditure would qualify to validate a $5 parking ticket. The Fort Garry would not do that, did not consider that I had already paid $50+ and made me pay an additional $5 to get my car. How trivial and insulting for a major hotel to still need that extra $5 from me! If I am a non-paying guest to a function, then I have not contributed to the Fort Garry's bottom line; but, if I have come specifically to their restaurant and can demonstrate a $50 luncheon bill, does the Fort Garry then really need my additional $5? How cheap on their part!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Cousins wedding was awesome. Servcie was great, hotel was so helpful. Evening went off without a hitch...Only problem was if you park your car in the lot beside the hotel (IMPARK) read the signs carefully. Turns out you need not only a $4 ticket for the day but you also need to obtain another $4 for 6pm onwards just on the weekends. Very wierd set up for parking charges...No fault of the hotel..all Imparks confusing fault. Park in the hotels lots...save you time effort and $$$$

Room Tip: Staying in the Peg pick this hotel...well worth the $$$
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Grand old hotel that is well maintained. Reflects the architecture of the time it was built. Few modern facilities in the hotel and room. Great breakfast buffet, especially the made to order omelette. Great friendly service by the staff and conveniently located.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ahber79
Alessandra C, Marketing Coordinator at Fort Garry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We appreciate the feedback and are happy to receive the compliments! We look forward to having you stay with us again.

All the very best,

Alessandra Conicella
Marketing Coordinator
The Fort Garry Hotel Spa & Conference Centre

Reviewed June 10, 2014

I definitely recommend this hotel for your visit to Winnipeg. Very nice rooms and great service and the breakfast buffet is delicious! It's quite well located and walking distance to the Central Train Station and to the Forks.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I wasn't sure what to expect at the Fort Garry Hotel in Winnipeg. My sister booked it for me on our train trip to Winnipeg. We arrived late (3 am) and one of the night security came down part way to the train station to meet us. This place is sincerely friendly hotel. The friendliness is cannot be understated.

My single room was nicely laid out with a walk in shower. My bed was softer that I am use to but I sleep soundly. My view was toward The Forks, Boniface and the Train station. You get the feel of yesterday grandeur with the high ceilings and wide corridors. It has all the modern appointments without modern day sterility of newer hotels.

The $10 breakfast and the service was fabulous.

It is a reasonable walk to the downtown shopping and is extremely close to the train station and to The Forks (park, restaurants, stores, museums, market, art galleries).

I will be going back.