“Ok budget stay” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #51 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Redcliff
“Ok budget stay”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2009

I think that we at least got our money's worth at this hotel. We were only staying for the night and I didn't want to splurge. The room could have been cleaner but I wouldn't say that it was gross. There were some hairs from previous guests on the bathroom counter and it looked like there was crusty food stains on the bed, but other than that, the room was clean. The internet was free but it was wired. I wasn't prepared for this and it was very good of the hotel to have ethernet cables that you could borrow. The beds here are as small as I have seen at any hotel but I slept ok. There was a limited selection of continental breakfast foods in the morning. If I was making a quick stay in Winnipeg and didn't want to spend too much money, I would come back again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Chemicalguy123

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Colchester, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2008

We stayed at the Comfort Inn for two nights, one either side of a tour to Churchill. The hotel reception and hallways are a bit tired and worn but the rooms were extremely nice and comfortable. King bed, coffeemaker, bath and shower bright and clean. A free continental breakfast of toast and jams, hardboilded eggs, cream cheese, muffins and waffles was good. They even let us have an extended check out as our flight wasn't until the afternoon. A free shuttle to and from the airport is available too but don't get caught like us. We did not realise it was free from the airport to the hotel and paid the cab driver and he rushed in ahead of us and took his voucher too - the receptionist did not realise what he was doing. Apparently you tell the cab driver you want the Comfort Inn and go to reception on arrival and get a voucher for the cab driver.

• Liked — Near airport
  • Disliked — Worn public areas
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JAN53
Airdrie, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2008

I stayed here 2 nights. While my room request was for non-smoking, the hallways (even though it looked like a non-smoking floor with all the signage) reaked of cigarettes. The first morning I arrived an hour early @ my office, only to discover that the clock in my room was set an hour faster than the actual time. The following morning, after resetting the clock, I awoke to find the alarm hadn't even gone off and I ended up missing my flight. (I was told that they didn't do wake up calls since they had the clocks in the room.) The continental breakfast was fine (dining area is really small, so take it back to your room), and my room was clean and the bed, comfortable. It was also older, dark and less than what I expected. (No wireless internet? C'mon- it's 2008!) Would I stay there again? Sure, if I don't need a clock, and have to stick to a budget. Would I recommend it? Probably not.

Stayed September 2008
1 Thank Ms_Independent08

Travelers are raving about these Winnipeg hotels

Montreal, Quebec
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2008

Good points:
They accommodated me with an early check in and late check out
Clean
Good value
Breakfast
100% Satisfaction Warranty

Less good points:
Rooms on second floor have no elevator
There were no any internet cables left at the reception to connect in the room, not ideal for business
You hear the neighbors doors close.

• Disliked — Front desk was out of internet cables
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2008

A small hotel in Winnipeg that's nothing fancy, but for a cheap place close to the airport, it has very friendly staff and clean rooms. For the price, you can't ask for much more. You have to haul your luggage up a flight of stairs if you are on a second floor, and the continental breakfast is pretty pathetic, but I would definitely stay here again.

In summer, it's close enough to Polo Park shopping that you can walk, and it's less than five minutes to the airpot.

Stayed January 2008
Brandon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2008

Reservations were easy and quick to make. Got to Winnipeg a little early (10 AM) but they got us into the room right away. Nice bed with and great pillows ( 4 in fact on one bed!). We didnt spend a lot of time in the hotel but coffee was fresh and available at any time, and had some photo copies done very quickly. Grapes restaurant was within walking distance so no further driving required. Breakfast was free and all that we required.. Compared to other hotels in the area -we thought the price was excellent! We also liked the idea that there was a huge shopping mall (Polo Park) very close to us as well. Would recommend to anyone and it is also very close to the airport.

• Liked — beds, pillows, drive up patio access, free coffee, free breakfast
  • Disliked — cant think of anything
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank AprilBrandon
Ilminster, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2006

We stayed at this hotel for just one night. We chose it because it was close to the airport and just right should our flight have been delayed. Situated in the middle of what seemed to be a large industrial estate, the hotel is not really a place to stay for any more than a day or two. If you have no transport, it is a long way from any shops or restaurants and does not have any bar or place to eat (except breakfast). There were some slot machines dispensing snacks and soft drinks near the foyer. Talking of breakfast, the dining room is extremely small and only had about 3 tables (see photo) which, for a hotel with over 80 rooms, was totally inadequate. I think most people collected their food and took trays to their rooms. The rooms were excellent, recently upgraded I think. In-room facilities were first class and they had air conditioning. Beds were comfortable and all was very clean. There was plenty of parking. On the downside, there was no lift and getting to the first floor with large and heavy suitcases was a bit of a struggle up the fairly narrow stairs. There was no porter. Conclusion, ok for a one-night stop over before or after a flight, but then I suppose that is why it is there!

• Liked — Rooms were excellent
  • Disliked — No where to eat/drink
  • Tips/Secrets — OK for one night, opt for ground floor room if you have heavy suitcases
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family