“Great stay”

Comfort Inn Winnipeg South
Ranked #24 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Reviewed August 11, 2013

The front desk were lovely, check in was quick and easy. Our room was big and on the first floor. Breakfest was great. Clean rooms, clean halls, clean eating area. One of our best stays across canada, was so nice after 3 days of driving, to have a friendly stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jasmin P
Charlene K, General Manager at Comfort Inn Winnipeg South, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

We appreciate that you took the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor so that others can be assured of the level of service they will receive when they visit our hotel. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we value all feedback from our guests. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

The room was very good and the bed (queen) was also very comfortable. We were on the 2nd floor up the stairs (no elevator). The breakfast lacked gluten free items except "O's" cereal, so it was a little disappointing.

This was our first and probably only visit to Winnipeg and we were just passing through.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your recent stay with us. It was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed a comfortable stay. I do understand your comments regarding gluten free items and I am trying to keep a couple of different options on hand for when the need arises.

We appreciate that you took the time to write a review and look forward to seeing you again should you return to Winnipeg.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Wow what a nice room! They recently completed a major remodel and the place looks great! The room was very clean and spacious with a microwave, fridge, coffee, plus a small table with only one chair. The beds are very a very comfortable pillow-top. The bedding is a really nice with a down comforter (probably artificial down) and nice clean bedspread and "runner". There is new carpeting everywhere and the place looks really nice. The bathroom had a large bathtub and a nice new modern vanity sink. The breakfast is very extensive with hot eggs, meat, waffles, cereals, breads, etc. Very nice hotel! Wish the price was a bit lower though.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

We appreciate that you took the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we value all feedback from our guests. We look forward to hosting you again during your next visit to Winnipeg.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

This was a great little place to stay when on our way out to Kenora. It was nice that it is on the perimeter. We had trouble finding it at first because of the shrubbery, but we eventually found it. It was clean and updated. I would stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your recent stay with us. It was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed a comfortable stay with us. We appreciate that you took the time to write a review and look forward to seeing you again should you return to our hotel.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

After a long day's motorcycle ride it was nice to be given quick, efficient service. We asked for and got a ground level room so we could park our bikes right outside. The room was what we expected - clean, good size with sufficient supplies. (Some motels skimp on soap,etc.)
Renovations provided a large pleasant eating area for breakfast which was better than many places. Fruit was not available (that day only?).
Their suggestion for a restaurant just up the road was excellent
Suggestion for all motels - offer old towels to wipe off dew / rain from the bikes in the a.m.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Steve P

We appreciate that you took the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor so that others can be assured of the level of service they will receive when they visit our hotel. We are all very excited about the new renovations and that everyone is enjoying the new hot breakfast.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I had an extended stay at the Comfort Inn South in Winnipeg for over two months this year; the place was under construction when I moved in, but I lived through it and was pleased I did as the outcome was awesome. The renovations look great and the rooms are very nice now (all new bedding, new pictures, new wallpaper and paint, new carpets, new ceramic tiles, etc.). I did not use the free breakfast service as I had to leave the room very early for work, but I did manage to look at the breakfast and it did look great. The best part of staying here is the staff; they sure make you feel like family. The most helpful staff member was Gerald; always willing to help you out in any way and always a big smile - this hotel would be lost without his professionalism (he should be commended by the hotel manager). I was supposed to stay in the annex (separate building on the property with suites), but they were still waiting on the new king sized beds when I left; it's too bad though because I spent extended stays in these rooms in the past and they were great - very quiet and roomy. Would I recommend this hotel.....YOU BETCHA!! I will stay here any day. Thanks for a great stay Charlene and staff! PS; the rooms are CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN!!

Room Tip: Stay in the annex if you are staying for an extended period; very large and sooooo comfortable!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank lemieuxg

We appreciate that you took the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor so that others can be assured of the level of service they will receive when they visit our hotel. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we value all feedback from our guests. We look forward to hosting you again during your next visit to Winnipeg. Ps The annex is now up and running waiting for your next visit.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

This hotel went non-smoking in May, which is great, except the previously smoking rooms still smell like smoke. Overwhelming so. I complained and was eventually moved to another room that smelled slightly less like smoke, but still gross. They may have done a reno on this place, but they need to change everything in the smoking rooms.

Furthermore, if you travel with a pet, guess which rooms your are going to get? That's right. The ones that smell like smoke. This was confirmed by the guy at the front desk - pet people in smoking rooms.

They will also do everything in their power to make you feel like you are imposing on them by bringing a pet. I have been traveling across the country for years with my dog. The hotels that are pet friendly are pet friendly, period. They don't make a big deal about you having a dog. At this hotel, you are signing waivers of all kinds ... My dog will only pee on a particular patch of grass ... that sort of thing. It's B.S. If you are going to be a pet friendly hotel, be a pet friendly hotel. I don't need you to give my dog a pat on the head, but I do expect to be treated like any other guest, not made to feel like I am an annoyance because of my dog and to put in a room that doesn't smell like an ashtray.

Will I stay here on my way back home at the end of July? Not likely.

Room Tip: Avoid the previously smoking rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank SherryMontreal
Charlene K, General Manager at Comfort Inn Winnipeg South, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.