“It was fine.”
Review of Victoria Inn

Victoria Inn
Ranked #21 of 64 Hotels in Winnipeg
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed in a standard room with 2 queen beds. It was fine. Although a non smoking area, could smell smoke in our room, although not strong odour. There is a fridge but its located in the bathroom as was the coffeemaker. Found that to be a little odd.
Our daughter and her family had a pool side room which was fine except quite dark as its an inside room, the chlorine odour permeates the room from the pool, the area to sit outside the room is very narrow. The pool however, is great for small children. They had a great time.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
victoriainnmanager, Director of Sales at Victoria Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Thank you for your comments on the hotel and pool area. We have been a Non Smoking hotel since 2007. We were one of the first to go completely non-smoking. We just wish that all smoking guests would respect our non-smoking facility; it seems this is an issue on the airline these days too. We hope that you will come back soon.

There are newer reviews for Victoria Inn

Reviewed April 2, 2013

We treated our grandchildren to a day of swimming and waterslides. The pool and slides are perfect for kids 10 and younger but pool too shallow for older kids. The pool was a bit cool on both of the days .Our room was fine for an older hotel,beds comfy and clean.Next time, would probably try a different hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Excellent hotel, great proximity to airport, friendly and helpful staff. Had a large room with 2 queen beds and a sitting area with lots of space. Only negative is the walls are very thin and you can hear a lot of hallway noise. Great value, very clean, our regular hotel when heading to the airport.

• Stayed: March 2013
victoriainnmanager, Director of Sales at Victoria Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Thank you for being a repeat customer, I do hope that you have signed up for our rewards program.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Had to stay here as my flight home went mechanical. The airline arranged and paid for the room. Arrived after a seven dollar cab ride from the airport. The check in was quick and efficient. I had a voucher for supper from the airline, I wanted to order room service but I couldn't find any information in the room about it , so I went downstairs, the hotel resturant was closed, and the bar only had appetizers, so I just had an herbal tea to take to. My room. The room was decent, clearly it had been renovated recently but it was off in another hallway nowhere near the front of the hotel. The beds were comfortable. The coffee maker was in the bathroom which I was a little grossed out about. It was very quite there, which is good as my flight was for 630 am. I tried to make coffee and use the hair dryer in the morning, but the plug didn't work, the hair dryer is built in the wall, so I had wet hair. The check out was quick. The shuttle driver was very nice and only took ten to arrive, which is available 24 hours a day which was great. Would I stay there if I was paying, probably not. Not because its a bad hotel, I just think the hotel industry is very competive and there are so many more options out there

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed March 13, 2013

The hotel was okay. We stayed on 2 occasions spaced a week apart.Our first night passing through Winnipeg after checking in the closet elevator to our room was not working, so we had to do the walk about. Room was nice and clean, but the heater/fan was terribly noisy. Nothing could be done about it.
We left to go to supper and noticed that the door did not lock behind us. Maintenance was called and it was corrected. After supper, I asked for some extra coffee for the morn for our room and only one packet was available. Okay, well at least it was one extra.
What I really appreciated was the very quick and free shuttle to the hotel from the airport. It was not a long drive, but sure beats having to call a cab, wait and pay.
As we returned from Churchill, we again stayed in this hotel. The elevator, more than a week later was still not working, and this time we had a longer walk about to our room. When we got into our room, it was freezing. There was no way to make the heater work. I called maintenance. He fiddled around for a while, and then turned the thermostat up to 35. At that point, I knew that we were not getting heat in this room this night. I should have asked to be moved, but we were tired, half undressed, and not wanting to do this.
I would not choose to stay in this hotel again. We did have a meal in the restaurant. It was very noisy when we were there and the food was mediocre.
Well, not my cup of tea - speaking of tea, i again asked for some extra coffee, and after looking and looking, again 1 extra coffee was produced.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

I am very sorry to hear your stay was just Ok. Yes unfortunately we are in the midst of renovating the last of our 3 elevators and it does unfortunately take a bit of time to complete a renovation like this. As for the heater, we would have moved your rooms to eliminate that issue, but I understand once your settled. I hope that you path does cross our hotel again, that we may have another chance to change your mind.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

My mother and I stayed in this hotel for one night during a quick stop over in Winnipeg and needed to fly out at 6:00 am the next day. This hotel is approximately 3 minutes from the airport and is the closest hotel to the airport. We arrived at 6 pm and our check in was smooth and efficient. The hotel was busy with a convention but once we were in the room, it was quiet. The room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. We also ate in the dining room and we both enjoyed our meals with quick, friendly service. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that needed a clean, pleasant experience in Winnipeg and needed access to the airport. Our flight was at 6:15 am the next day and I loved the fact that I was at the check in about 10 minutes after leaving the hotel!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your business we hope you come back again.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

My husband and I booked the romance package to celebrate our anniversary. Whomever booked from their end missed checking a box, so the extras that came with the room were missed. However, when we brought this to the attention of the front desk they bent over backwards to make it up to us. They removed a significant portion of the bill, bought us a bottle of champagne with supper, as well as dessert. The service was very attentive, and the room was very clean. We will definitely go back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
victoriainnmanager, Director of Sales at Victoria Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Thank you for your comments, Everyone wants to get it right 100% of the time and we strive for this too. Unfortunaltey sometimes we make mistakes and we always ask that we have a chance to fix our error. Thank you for giving us a chance to right our wrong.