“Nice Hotel, Free Shuttle to Airport, Nice Waterpark area.”
Review of Victoria Inn

Victoria Inn
Ranked #23 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Winnipeg, Canada
“Nice Hotel, Free Shuttle to Airport, Nice Waterpark area.”
Reviewed February 2, 2012

Stayed at the Victoria Inn for 1 night as I had a very early morning flight form YWG. The stay was nice, clean rooms. Nice waterpark area, went there for a while. Nice Bar to have a couple drinks in. In the morning got a free shuttle bus to the airport. That was nice. Great experience at this hotel, would recommend as an airport hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Brandon, Canada
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I stayed in over night before flying out...... my son and his girlfriend and I went to soak in the hot tub for a bit...... that was great, we liked the athmosphere, kids were playing int eh pool and waterslide and my son even took a spin on the slide
the room was fine, nothing extraordinary but served the purpse of sleeping

Thompson, Canada
Reviewed January 28, 2012

I stayed at the Victoria Inn for 3 nights. The staff were knowledgeable about the city and recommended activities and restaurants for my family. My room was spacious and very clean. My children loved the watermark area and I enjoyed the hot tub while they play. I will stay here next time I am in the city!

• Stayed January 2012
Kenora, Canada
Reviewed January 27, 2012

What a fabulous hotel! We definately would recomment the Victoria Inn to all. From the clean and quiet rooms, to the excellent food in the restaurant, to the fun in the pool for the kids, the Victoria Inn had everything we wanted and hoped for when staying away from home. The location is perfect...so close to the airport and to shopping.

We will definately be coming back.

Room Tip: The kid suites are awesome.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Manitoba
Reviewed January 19, 2012

We stayed here for one short night - less than 6 hours. We stayed there as we had an early morning flight out of Winnipeg.
The whole hotel smelled musty and looked like it could really use some renovations. My husband stayed here for business about 7 years ago and it hasn't changed one bit since then.
No special rate for late check in/early check out. Thank goodness we got this through Hotwire or we would have had to pay the full $140 the hotel quoted us even though I said it would only be for approx 6 hours.
Would not stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
victoriainnmanager, Director of Sales at Victoria Inn, responded to this review, January 27, 2012
Dear Travellers: I am not aware of any hotel that will offer a rate based on the time you use the room and certainly all main stream hotels rent hotel rooms by the night. All hotels will price according to a night stay, even if that night is only 6 hours.
Our hotel renovations began in 2001 when we purchased this hotel which at the time was in major need of a complete overhaul. In 2003 the momentum of this Renovation was put into high gear and was finally completed in 2007. This included all guest common areas and all 260 guest rooms our entire pool area and all of our meeting and convention space. Since 2007 we have spent a great deal of time and money to upgrade our mechanical systems in an effort to make the most eviromentally friendly hotel we can. I guess those types up upgrades are not the kind that everyone would notice right away. We also did a redesign for the bedding and duvet in all our rooms and have ongoing bed replacments for the most comfortable beds possible. We have replaced all hallway carpeting and this year we are updating 90 rooms with another new design. We have an aggressive property improvement plan and will continue to improve our property to provide the best rooms and services for our guests.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 13, 2012

Guess the service was half okay since I only recieve one out of the two wake up calls requested (good thing I had the phone set for alarm also). Rooms are okay but the heating needs to be updated, it is digitial with a very noisy fan even at low speed. Was there for the GEAP show. Lumpy pillows and no blankets in the room. Service staff for breakfast needs to be better organized, lots of running back and forth wasted energy.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
victoriainnmanager, Director of Sales at Victoria Inn, responded to this review, January 26, 2012
Thank you for your comments, we do address all guests concerns to try and make our hotel better and a more comfortable stay for all guests. We will be using you comments to review with our departments in training. We agree the wake up calls are a very important feature. As a traveller I always use the room alarm or my phone as a back up and would tell everyone to do the same. Not that the wake up calls are unreliable, I just feel that it is peace of mind when traveling. As for the heating system in our hotel we have recently moved from a central boiler/chiller system to the individual digital units that allow guests to control thier own heating and cooling needs. This was a very costly upgrade as we went with the product that had the lowest decible rating for exactly your concern. The reality with all individually controlled units is the fans in the room and is definitly going to be heard more then your furnace at home.
Calgary
Reviewed January 11, 2012

I was in Winnipeg for a quick business trip and needed a place to stay close to the airport. The Victoria Inn certainly fits the bill in this regard (BTW they do have a free shuttle back and forth from the airport so don't take a cab as I did--wasted $7.00 for about a 30 second ride!). With taxes my room for the night was around $160.00--for that amount, I have certainly stayed in nicer accommodations. Although there are a lot of supposed 'perks' such as the pool with kiddie slide, I found the hotel itself to be very dated. The room felt scruffy, even dirty and everything just felt as though it needs a complete overhaul. Amenities within the room are very basic and there was no remote control in my room for the TV. The front office staff were very helpful with directions, however, and even offered to give me a ride to me business meeting a few kilometres away.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
victoriainnmanager, Director of Sales at Victoria Inn, responded to this review, January 13, 2012
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for your response we really appreciate our guests suggestions.
We feel that compared to our competitors the value vs. cost of our hotel is very well place in our market. We provide our guests with many complimentary services that other hotels choose to charge for to increase their average guest expense. Our shuttle, Local Phone calls, High-speed internet access, and Parking are all included with your stay.
Although we can't appeal to every guests personal feel of our hotel we engage an ongoing property improvement plan that helps us continually provide our guests with the highest quality product we can. Most recent improvements have been to replace all tube style TV’s to 37" LCD flat panels, all of our guest hallway carpeting and bed replacements. This year will see a renew design in a large portion of guestrooms with new carpeting, drapery and decor.
I would add that a T.V. Remote is a standard for any hotel room and if it was missing from your room a call to the front desk would have resulted in a quick replacement.