“Best breakfast.”

Add it.
Black Sheep Diner
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed September 2, 2012

This is a small place with a home like atmosphere, often busy with repeat customers. They take cash only but the food is filling and I never leave hungery. Parking is not easy in the area as you will use side streets but once there you will have enough choice to please most folks.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Quirky environment. Not very fast. worth waiting with a chatty friend

Reviewed April 1, 2012

Very small seating area, funky layout, great local art, unique serving staff, super slow food service, and great coffee is the perfect introduction to the Black Sheep Diner.

The food quality is outstanding and the prices are, not surprisingly, set accordingly.

Don't drop in for a quick snack, but do visit if you’re looking for a leisurely high-quality meal in an off-the-wall restaurant.

Reviewed January 10, 2012

This cafe seems to be the hangout of Winnipeg's uni / art set - but as a visitor don't let that put you off as it offers great fresh breakfasts. In terms of decor the venue is nothing special, but if like me you measure success by what's on the plate then it's worth a visit. Service was efficient and the food was great value.

Reviewed December 18, 2011

Someone made their dream come true opening this homegrown alternative diner.

Pros: fresh food, unique, vegan options, almond butter was complimentary with my breakfast!

Cons: seating area is small, squishy .... 45 min after they open on a Sunday morning their are people waiting. Plus, there was probably only one cook and it took a while for our food.

I never go out for dinner, breakfast is my joy so a long wait didnt win me over. I like the food and the artsy feel but I still would not return. No atmosphere. I felt pressured to finish and leave because there were people waiting. The staff didn't pressure me but I just felt I should not linger, when on a Sunday morning that is all I truly want to do.