“Better then expected” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 15 Winnipeg B&B and Inns
Riverton, Canada
“Better then expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

We had to go to Winnipeg for three appointments on different day's, so we booked the hotel online ,the reception, the room, the restaurant and the bar were all excellent ,the staff at all locations were top notch next time we want a reasonably priced hotel and great service we will return here

Room Tip: Rooms in the inn on the north side are quieter
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Very noisy from the highway, had to call the police on the room beside because they were screaming and fighting . Told the front desk about it too but they weren't kicked out. The toilet is so close to the tub that it makes it very tricky to turn the shower on. There's no microwave or stove of any kind. The tv had trouble working. The coffee pot lid was broken and the manager came to bring us a replacement but brought the wrong style so he came back with another pot that had the same lid problem. The outlet I was trying to use was coming out of the wall. Overall not impressed for the price we paid.

• Stayed May 2014
australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I arrived in Winnipeg, after a long flight from Sydney. This inn was booked online so I did not know what to expect. Firstly, the taxi fare was very very reasonable using the meter price for such a short ride to and from the airport. On arrival at the Inn, I can assure you I was not disappointed. The reception staff were ever so friendly, and I was directed to a room at the back on the second floor in a separate building. It turned out JUST RIGHT to bunk down for the night, everything was there, it looked so comfortable, tidy and clean. The bed and the pillows were also Just Right for a very weary traveller. I had a meal in their dining room, it was yummie. The early reminder call was on time. I could not fault, in any way, this inn. I was glad I had booked into this Inn, and was in an the area which overlooked a beautiful park. I did return to this inn on my way back to Sydney again one night stay. I would recommend this inn, and this is why I am going to stay again in July 2014.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank janet074
Snow Lake, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We needed an economical place to stay while we visited our daughter in hospital. This was it. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The beadspreads were getting a bit worn but everything else seemed updated. The washrooms were completely updated and the rooms had big screen TVs. There was even a workout room with stationary bicycle, treadmill, and elliptical. We didn't use them though. We stayed at the building across Albany street from the main lobby. We had a room away from Portage avenue and it was quiet. The building is centrally heated/cooled with what seemed to be hot water radiators in the room. The room was quite warm so I turned the radiator right off but when we returned several hours later it was still quite warm. I was able to easily regulate the temperature by opening the window and that suited us fine.
The full breakfast and restaurant service was excellent. The front desk was prompt.
You can't beat the price and we would stay there again.

Room Tip: Get a room on the back side away from Portage Ave. for quietness.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Milbers
Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

very comfortable room, great bed flat screen TV , door card readers that really work first time. updated bathroom, central air very quiet. we stayed I the motel section and you have to go across the street to check in and out and access dining areas. one street over is a " cop shop". so I think that kept it pretty quiet.

Room Tip: go for a rear room 2ndfloor away from street noise and has small balcony, facing large parking lot...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Winnipeg, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Had a terrible experience here. Had my camera stolen from my room. Hotel front desk were rude and unhelpful. Would never stay here or recommend it to anyone. Seems like a party place. People drinking and partying on the balcony all night. Rooms are really substandard and its better to pay 10 or 15 dollars more for something better and and in a better location. I repeat ...DON'T STAY HERE!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank TravelGuy_Canada64

Travelers are raving about these Winnipeg hotels

wegelagerer
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed at this hotel many times, mainly because of its location (close to the event we attended). Making reservations well ahead. But once again our reservations could not be found, apperently that was our fault,lol, the rooms are digusting, the whole property is in disrepair with unfriendly staff and new very unreasonable prices.

Room Tip: Take a room upstairs NOT facing Portage Ave. or you will be up all night. Keep an eye on your vehicl...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family