“Nothing special”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Winnipeg
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Winnipeg doesn't have a lot of Mexican restaurants and this was a pleasant surprise when it opened. The food is average, but a little expensive considering what you get. The refried beans were an awful slop. The restaurant is set up like a warehouse, so if you like that sort of thing this is the place to go, but it was loud (no sound barriers) and cold (especially in January). Service was good and it's a good place to go before a downtown event like the theatre or a show.

Reviewed January 5, 2012

The food here is decent; my taste buds don't do a dance, but it's pretty good, filling, and portions are huge. For me, Don Pedro's is about the atmosphere. Virigin Mary statues, twinkle lights, and fun colours everywhere; great place for a pre-theater drink, or an evening kicking back with one of their fabulous mojitos.

Reviewed January 1, 2012

but there are not alot of mexican options here.
We had horrendous service the first time we went but the food was good enough to send us back a couple more times, and there were no other incidents.

Reviewed September 15, 2011

We went for dinner before a musical and wanted somewhere close so we could just park once. The wait staff at Don Pedros were cold and rude, i showed up 15mins early for my reservation and they did not want to seat me even though there was only one other table of people in the restaurant. There were serveral menu items not in stock, a 2inch bowl of guacamole was and extra $2.99, and when i couldn't finish my meal the waitress tossed a take out container on the table and walked away. My bill, without alcohol, came to $36. I could have had a better buritto at taco bell. I will not go back again.

1  Thank myothellocat
Reviewed September 6, 2011

We went out to Don Perdos this past weekend. I've been to this place a few imes already. The food was very tasty and the service was excellent. The nachos snack before the meal is pretty awesome. Our meal came out right away. The prices are very affordable. A+ in my book. One thing is that if you're planning on bringing your child, they don't have baby seats.