“Big taste and price”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hermanos

Hermanos
Reserve with OpenTable
Hermanos is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 1,639 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Winnipeg
Cross street: Main & Rory
Estevan, Canada
“Big taste and price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Hermanos was a great looking restaurant, with an upscale atmosphere. The staff was friendly and very knowledgeable. Waitress knew the menu very well and was able to offer good information on every question asked. Food was very well prepared. Steak was cooked perfectly to order, rare, which is hard to get. Only thing keeping this from 5 stars is the price. Seemed a little high for what you're getting.

Winnipeg, Canada
“slow service, heavy food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

I've been to Hermanos a few times, mostly for work-related lunches but recently for a dinner with friends. I find the service friendly but consistently slow, so go with lots of time to spare. The food is interesting- catering mostly to meat eaters, although there are some vegetarian options like empanadas, breaded fried eggplant and (I think) a pasta dish. I've tried a number of their fish options- including the fish tacos, whih are quite good and use regional pickerel (a plus in my books). A friend got a steak and said it was good and it came with interesting "dips". We did walk away feeling heavy and bloated- not a place for light or healthy meals.
Pricey and stylish- a decent place in Winnipeg's exchange district. Not superb but we'll likely be back for the combination of interesting food, ambience and effort.

• Visited January 2014
Kassel, Germany
“Great place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

Really enjoyed their food and service, we went there quite late on a friday night and people were already in a party mood so it was a bit loud enjoying their drinks, but other then that everything was good.

• Visited December 2013
London, Canada
“Good Paleo Eats”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

As a Paleo / Primal diner I am always on the lookout for a good meat & veggie fest. Today I went to Hermano's. I got there about 5:30pm on a Tuesday in early December, and it was already quite busy but they were able to seat me right away in the lounge area. It was pretty dark unfortunately, and hard to read my Kindle as I am wot to do when eating alone on these business trips.

The service was good, but not outstanding. I ordered the Picanha sirloin, rare. The menu says that mains come with vegetables and starch, so I asked for extra vegetables instead of starch, which my server assured me was no problem. The steak was just about perfect; nicely charred on the outside and beautiful red and bloody inside. It did have a strong vein of fat along one side which made cutting it a challenge, but this was a minor inconvenience. The chimichurri was a wonderful complement.

On the veggie front, I was a bit disappointed. I got two half-cobs of corn -- I am not sure if they even realize that corn is not a vegetable -- and two skewers of peppers and onions. The corn I put aside, and I ate all of the peppers and some of the onions, but they were very strong. If I return, I will have to make it clear to them that corn is not food.

All in all a good meal, but the Paleo diner will need to be careful in how they order if they want to avoid getting a plateful of corn.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank kohr_ah99
Willow City, North Dakota
“A visit to South America!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

This was a wonderful dining experience. The food was excellent, the wait staff was friendly and accommodating and I would highly recommend this restaurant to others. We especially enjoyed the "Original 16" beer we had with our appetizer.... delicious scallops with a pureed white bean and cauliflower sauce. The Argentinian chicken breast (Milanesa Especial) was excellent with a very generous portion.

• Visited November 2013