“expensive”

Popeyes Louisiana Chicken
Ranked #73 of 96 Quick Bites in Winnipeg
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

chicken was good but sides were small portions for the price.... put the price down ...its not gold are that great ...

Date of visit: June 2019
Write a reviewReviews (35)

Reviewed August 29, 2019

Decided to try this out today. Place was supper busy, probably because new to Winnipeg. I placed order and it was quickly served. That's about as positive as it gets.
I ordered chicken tenders, coleslaw and it came with biscuit and drink. The first bite of tenders emitted a stream of grease into my mouth! Not good, and the tenders were anything but tender. Coleslaw, mediocre at best. Biscuit, so so, but not that great. For three tenders, coleslaw and biscuit and drink 9.70 or so. I ended up throwing the whole meal, minus a couple of bites of tenders and a couple of samples of coleslaw, into garbage. Sorry this was not a good experience.

Date of visit: August 2019
1  Thank brendawS2422XA
Reviewed August 4, 2019

We had good counter service. I had the butterfly shrimp, and my wife had popcorn shrimp. We felt the portions were very small. The friends we were with ordered chicken. The chicken pieces were huge. It's a very busy restaurant. People waiting for tables.
Not convinced we will be back.

Date of visit: August 2019
2  Thank Ernie P
Reviewed July 10, 2019 via mobile

If you’ve never had Popeye’s, you should at least once. Its top tier spicy or mild chicken, tasty sides and biscuits (people go mental on those things) are always worth the trip. Not to mention, the staff at the Winnipeg location are the best I’ve ever encountered in a decade.

Date of visit: July 2019
2  Thank tattootim
Reviewed June 23, 2019

This is a spicy version of your fast food places. There's a good variety on the menu with a selection of sides to go with the meal. Heat levels are available but found the chicken was not overpowered with spices.

Date of visit: June 2019