Queen Bee Hotel
$120
Official Site
$90
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $105/night.

$107
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $125/night.

$127
$102
$140
$104
$154
$144
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $171/night.

$92
$76
All reviewsmicrowave and mini fridgerestaurant attachedqueen bedflat screen tvstay there againtwo nightsfront deskroom was cleanuniversitycerealdowntownsleep
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I liked the hotel, but the service was basically non-existent (when my husband and I arrived, we had to wait about 20 minutes for the young later at the counter to finish her phone call because she was the only person there) and I really did not like the fact that "breakfast" was in a closet and consisted of dry cereal and orange juice. It's a very inexpensive hotel, but it was very far from anything we wanted to do. Next time we will definitely stay MUCH closer to downtown.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maogun23
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel was clean and friendly. It was a last minute decision to stay the night in Winnipeg and we were in this hotel's area so decided to check it out. Room had everything needed for a restful night. We stayed in a room with two queen beds, flat screen tv, fridge, microwave, coffeemaker. There is a restaurant attached but we didn't try it. There was complimentary breakfast in the morning which was handy to get us on our way. This is a basic hotel and serves the purpose of getting a good nights sleep in a clean safe and relatively affordable room.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Sunchasers66
Reviewed December 8, 2012

The Queen Bee Hotel provides just about the best value in a hotel that I have ever experienced! If you are on a tight budget but are looking for a simple and modest yet comfortable, spotlessly clean, and safe place to stay - you'll be very happy here. The hotel appears to be family owned and mostly run by family - their pride in the place is evident - by the end of my recent November stay they had decked out the lobby and entrance hall with lovely holiday decorations. For more details, see my list of Major/Minor Pros & Cons below!!

Major Pros:
- All the bathroom fixtures were brand new. The bathroom was cleaned meticulously on a daily basis. Water was of excellent quality out of the tap, and water pressure very good.
- The mattress appeared quite new and perfectly clean with new pillows. The sheets were nice, clean, and of excellent quality. The quilt on top (instead of a comforter) disappointed me at first, but I learned to love it in the end - it was 'less stylish' but way better than the usual comforter - thus, this ended up being a surprise bonus.
- With a microwave and fridge in the room, I was able to stockpile some food in my room and prepare some simple stuff to eat right there. This was very convenient as it helped me save money on eating out. There are a multitude of grocery stores nearby.
- The University of Manitoba is pretty nearly across the street - extremely accessible if you have business there.
- The front desk was very helpful when I had questions, and responded immediately when I discovered that the bathtub was missing a drain plug.
- Excellent tv image quality, with a wide assortment of cable channels available.
- Easy simple temperature control unit at your very own disposal so you can get things just right.

Minor Cons:
- At times it appears that sound travels throughout the hotel more than I would have liked it. However, the moments that I was disturbed were brief and always in the earlier evenings. The hotel has posters up all over the place which state "a quiet time after 11PM is strictly enforced", and I never once heard any noises after this time.
- The carpet is clean, but it is a little ratty and old... but perfectly functional and, as said, clean.
- I would have preferred to have a small gym in the hotel - even just the usual tiny room with just a treadmill and an elliptical. You won't find this there, however.
- The hotel is located in the south end of the city, and it is a drive of about 20 minutes there and 20 minutes back... though rush hour can inflate these times to anywhere from 40 to 60 minutes depending on the day. Winnipeg has some of the most terribly maintained city streets I've seen in Canada... and this definitely complicates matters a great deal.

In all... to the budget traveler, I would have to recommend this hotel whole-heartedly!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
11  Thank Geoffrey K
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Was all good, found the hotel adorable. and the staff was great. I would stay here again. Room was clean and spotless. Location is in the suburbs but the neighborhood is super safe, and close to bus stops so it is easy to get downtown. Worthwhile little hotel, the outside looks weird but inside it is quite comfy.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank flying_whitley
Reviewed October 2, 2012

The hotel was clean and comfortable. The concierge was courteous, good-humoured and helpful. He even found a convertor from European to Candian plugs. Good wireless connection. Sushi place next door, Starbuck's down the road. Convenient for travel on the Pembina highway south where the pleasures of the border crossing await you.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple