“Has everything !”

Canad Inns Garden City
Ranked #44 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Canad Inn's rooms has everything ,coffee maker, microwave, fridge, flat screen TV and a very good wireless connection. I've stayed at this location with my work anywhere from two weeks to a month at a time for the last seven years and it is consistent all the time. The rooms are always clean, the staff are friendly. I must say this location is very accommodating. Several years ago I had a Medical appointment in Winnipeg (broken foot with a cast and crutches) the staff were to put me in a room on the ground floor close to the east exit and help me with my luggage.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Thatcameraguy
Duane B, General Manager at Canad Inns Garden City, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Mr.Cameraguy :

I would like to start by thanking you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. As in any business, being consistently good is a goal we alwasy strive for. I am pleased to hear we have achieved that with your stays. I am also pleased to hear that our staff listened to your needs and were able to make your hosipital visit as pleasant as it could be. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you in the future. Bring your Camera!

Reviewed December 10, 2013

Wow. We were attending a wedding and decided to book a room. The staff at this hotel were over the top. Smiles and what can we do were the norm. The wedding went great, fun had by all and the food was great.. We slipped out to the Tavern between meal and speech and didn't want to leave. The Jets were on the big screens and the beer was cheap! Back to the wedding and then off to the room. if you get the chance ask for the third floor. The room was awesome. We will be back, long before a wedding. Thank you Canad Inns !!

Room Tip: no fitness centre or spa just got carried away !!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Duane B, General Manager at Canad Inns Garden City, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Lisa. Thank you for your kind words. I often only hear the negatives and it is great to hear some positive feedback as well. The staff here are the most upbeat and positve group I have been around. I will pass on your comments to all. Thank you for choosing Canad Inns Garden City and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

The room was very well appointed, large, comfortable and very clean with the best bed I have ever slept in. So comfy we didn't want to leave it! The room came equipped with microwaves and a bar fridge which was very convenient for my family.
The staff was super friendly and very accomodating. The staff meets a large volume of people with different personalities but not once did I see any grumpy staff. All smiles; all the time.
I would definitely recommend your hotel to everyone that asks where to stay in Winnipeg!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Duane B, General Manager at Canad Inns Garden City, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Canad Inns Garden City. I will certainly pass on your positive comments to our staff. I can say with all honesty this is the best group of people I have had an opportunity to work with and it is great to see that their hard work is being recognized. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you and your family in the future.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Canad Inns Garden City is one of the best hotels I have stayed in so far. I stayed on the 3rd floor. The staff (especially Wendy, Paolo and Francis) are super nice and welcoming. The hotel has everything you can ask for (Pool, Restaurant, Bars, Casino, Liquor Store), its very clean and well looked after by the staff. Thank you Canada Inns Garden City!!!

Room Tip: 3rd floor has very nice rooms!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 25, 2013

My spouse and I stayed at the Canad inns garden city for one night in July. The room was large, comfortable,clean with the best bed I have ever slept in. The room came equipped with microwaves and a bar fridge which was very convenient for my family. We had a great experience in both tavern and altos. Playmakers was a lot of fun. The new vlt machines are very addictive. The staff took the time to make sure all our needs were addressed in a polite and courteous manner. I mentioned to the staff that the beds were fantastic and they informed us they were upgrading all rooms with new beds. I will most definitely come back to this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 3, 2013

After a long and tiring day in the "city" for medical appointments we discovered it was not an easy thing to find a room in Winnipeg! After several fruitless tries we ended up at the Cana Inns Garden City facility.....
Our room was beautiful....the service great.
I've never seen so many smiling faces at a hotel!
Next morning we went for breakfast....and again smiling faces everywhere....
Will we recommend Garden City? You betcha!
Will we go back....YES!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Duane B, General Manager at Canad Inns Garden City, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Judith, thank you for your kind words. I will pass them on to the staff. A very important part of our company Mission Statement is "families serving families". It is great to see that our family here at Canad Inns Garden City were able to take care of your family. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The rooms were large and clean. Our room had a king bed, fireplace, desk, couch, fridge, microwave, large tv. The staff were friendly and helpful. It also has a pool with water slide, hot tub nd kiddie pool. The restaurant was reasonably priced and had daily buffets. I would stay here again and recommend to others.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business