“Cozy Comfy and Just Enjoyable”

Canad Inns Garden City
Ranked #44 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We reciently stayed over nite at the Canad Inn Garden City in Winnipeg because we were attending a function in the hotel. The room was very nice, King size bed, clean fresh smelling linen. Lovely duvet with great pillows, not those rock hard ones. The bathroom is lovely, large and they tub was unbelievable. Not a jet tub, i really don't like those, but a bid oval shaped tub that two people can comfortably sit in, have a glass of wine and unwind from a very long day. The halls were not noisy and the hotel staff were very accomodating.
i would recomend this hotel to anyone. Just ask to be on a floor away from kids. There are a lot of kids there as they hotel has a great water slide.

Room Tip: When you check in, make sure you have the room you want, not close to kids, or close to the elevator...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Thank you for choosing Canad Inns Garden City for your recent visit to Winnipeg. I hope you had an opportunity to enjoy all the facilities here during your stay.

Our mission statement is " Professionals serving professionals, our community serving the community, our family serviing families.

From the positive comments of your review it is great to see we are acheiving our goals, one guest at a time.

Looking forward to fulfilling your future destination needs.

Reviewed September 13, 2011

We stayed three days with my family, great atmosphere and friendly staff. My family wants to stay if we visit again.

We had Saturday special breakfast, Sunday brunch and Monday normal breakfast we liked.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2011

As part of a convention for which the Canad Inns Garden City blocks a large number of rooms for us delegates, we return to this hotel every summer. They are efficient, professional and go above and beyond to make our stay a pleasant one. The Aaltos Restaurant is often filled to capacity when we're there, and the staff run off their feet, but still they manage to remain attentive to everyone's requests and are happy to serve us. We are appreciative of the efforts the staff go to in order to accommodate everyone that stays here. They recently renovated and added a 3rd floor, which is awesome!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2011

We had a super room, the kids loved the pool, the restaurant was wonderful, and the service was amazing. Would stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 3, 2011

Really happy I stayed here - great room - did not want to leave - perfect - excellent staff

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 16, 2010

Stayed here for business trip on second floor overlooking the restaurant. The rooms have recently been upgraded and from what I heard, they are a huge improvement. Never saw the previous versions but current rooms look modern and clean.

Only issue was when I went down to the restaurant. I was seated and then waited 10 mins for a waiter (place was not busy). Eventually I had to go get one to place my order.

Other then that, everything else was fine.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank MTBOttawa
Reviewed November 30, 2009

We took our children on an overnighter at the Canad Inn, because they have the Splashers Park and my kids love to waterslide. The room exceeded our expectation, and the service was good. My kids spent several hours at the waterslide on Saturday, I went into the pool as well. The facility is very nice, with beautiful killer whale murals painted on the walls.

We noticed that the chlorine levels seemed very high. I have a pool at home, so I understand what it takes to maintain correct water chemistry, and if my pool smelled like that I would have added fresh water to dilute the chemicals. In a facility like this one, that sees the kind of traffic they get the water needs to be tested 5 times per day.. we didn't see a single test done in the five hours we were there.

The harsh chemicals in the pool were taking a toll on us even my wife and I who were sitting in deck chairs supervising our kids on the side lines. That night my young son's eyes were so red and swollen he couldn't sleep, we had to put ice on them, he was in much pain. The next day, my kids begged to go on the slide again that morning.. we finally relented. The kids played for about 1 hour, they were in the hot tub, suddenly they both started caughing, choking and crying.. the chlorine was so harsh it hurt their lungs. We were the only ones using the facility at the time, we left an informed the front desk. That was the end of our watersliding, the kids were disappointed.. after we left my wife and I compared notes and agreed that in all of the hours that we spend in the pool area.. we didn't observe a maintenance person checking the water chemistry at all, and despite the harsh chlorine smell the water was cloudy. We could only conclude that they don't put much emphasis on keeping the water levels at safe levels for choliforms or chemicals. As a result we won't be visiting the Splashers park again. The Best Western on Pembina has a salt water pool and slide..

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family