“FABULOUS!”
Review of Resto Gare

Resto Gare
Ranked #34 of 1,641 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Cuisines: French, European, Canadian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Central St. Boniface
Description: Classic French Bistro in 1913 historic St Boniface Train Station. Owned by the same family since 1983. Service available in French or English.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“FABULOUS!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

First time I went I was 18. I am now 55. It was known as La Veille Gare back then. I don't go every year but it is the restaurant that I come back too. Service is top notch. Food is awesome.

• Visited June 2013

“if even average”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

The physical space is very nice and welcoming in appearance. Bring a heavy sweater if you're going in the winter as it is cold. I have eaten here numerous times, and each time I go the service has been worse and the food is only ok, especially for the price. The bright spot would be that the bread is very good.

• Visited February 2014
“Outstanding evening.”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

My first time at this venue. We were a party of 30 and I will say we had absolutely excellent service. I started with a lobster chowder and dare I say it was the best bowl of chowder I have ever had. I almost regretted not skipping dinner and having more chowder and bread. I have heard about the slow service but I must state that this is not fast food. A meal here should take some time. The food is exceptionally fresh and wonderful. A large party may not be their thing however as the time between the first meal arriving and the last was over 40 minutes. I'm guessing the kitchen and menu are not set up for a fleet of 30. That being said I would certainly return.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank leigh b
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“new years eve”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

maybe the finest new years dinners we ever had. service was outstanding and the meal was out of this world, tried the rack of lamb i had never had lamb before and i like to try new things at new years it was a great choice.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Ken Y
“Great Surroundings and Meal to Match”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Haven't been here in years so did not know what to expect. We found wonderful atmosphere with a Friday night jazz duo playing unobtrusively in the background. The service was helpful and fast. The menu is ambitious, which could be a concern, however my Poisson Fumee Local was spot on and a great intro to my main course Crevettes Etouffee. My wife had a perfectly cooked Filet Mignon and we finished with a Maple Tarte a Sucre. The Tarte was a near miss, being a bit short on maple. None the less the meal, service and ambiance was well worth the $115 a couple including tip.

• Visited November 2013