“ok for price”
Review of Capri Motel

Capri Motel
Ranked #55 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Reviewed October 22, 2011

the bathroom is very small and the tv is old But the room is very clean and the beds are good you get what you payed for.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Nicole T

Reviewed January 26, 2011

i was there in winter time, the place is old but was clean and comfortable, it had a kitchenette and was fairly a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank asif72
Reviewed January 7, 2011

I made my reservations for this place well in advance yet when I got there I was given a room that smelled so foul it would have been impossible to stay there a single night. It was a smoking room. I was offered a non smoking room and I took it. There was someone making a lot of noise from time to time near me and I changed rooms again. Odd smells in the new room forced me to change rooms yet again. (I was there for a week) Last room had a mangy carpet that had a smell that kind of snuck up on you that actually made me throw up on my last night. I would not recommend this place to anyone. No offers to make even a partial reimbursement for the problems I experienced at their establishment. I paid in full up front.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank footloose888
Reviewed December 15, 2010

Clean, a bit chilly in the room but the amenties are good. Needs a bit more heat and a bit more hot water but otherwise good,

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank FromLakeoftheOzarks
Reviewed September 8, 2010

So we roll into Winnipeg on a sunny Saturday evening from Calgary, in dire need of a place to stay that is pet friendly. The first place that pops up onto our google search is "the Capri" so we talk to the front desk clerk who assures me these are clean suites and I am getting a good price for the week (only wanted a night to see how it was but she also convinced me otherwise).

I realize this is a divey motel and was not even going to do anything about it, until Sunday night, the mildew smell in the bathroom got worse (assuming us showering a few times got it going again). Then Monday afternoon the smell is so bad I have to keep febreezing the rooms and have to keep the bathroom door and door separating the living area and bedroom shut. I also had noticed my skin all over my body had been starting to itch since sunday night but thought it was allergies to the "pet policy" and previous pets in the room. NOPE.

I have asthma so I noticed right away something is wrong, not only because of the smell but because when I breathe in through my nose, everywhere the air goes is cold and burns. NOT GOOD!!!!!!

It is now Tuesday and I am going to have to sacrifice the fees for the next 3 nights and leave because of an almost near asthma attack. Not to mention my boyfriend also has been unusually stuffed up and excess mucous as well.

DO NOT STAY HERE.....like one of the previous commentors said: 50's is right, also has not been UPDATED or anything since then, so you can imagine the dust, allergens, bacteria AND MOLD in EACH SUITE!!!!!! I should not have stayed here because I can help it, unlike some of the families that probably have no choice and have to live here, but when a hotel won't refund you for a health issue that is being caused by YOUR motel???

I am also calling the health board as this guy OBVIOUSLY has this building paid off by now and I am sure he could afford to make it healthy IF he had a conscience. There is NO NEED to risk peoples' health!!!!!! I am appalled and do not recommend this place to ANYONE. There is a Best Western across the street, I am sure $20 difference is worth it.

This room came to $93 after tax and it had a kitchenette but I would rather eat out and get fat than go through what I went through in this place, EVER AGAIN! Pet friendly or NOT!!!

P.S. the "free wifi" they offered as well, is so slow it is worse than dial up. That was one of the main reasons I agreed to stay here so I COULD find an apartment to live!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jeanrgavin
Reviewed August 11, 2009

We needed a place to crash in Winnipeg after a ball game, and we decided this looked okay. It has obviously been built in parts. We did not get the original '50s room, which I would have preferred, but a room in one of the little cottages which were built in the back of the parking lot. The price was okay for Canada, at just under $70 CDN with tax. There is obviously an iffy element living in some of the rooms, but there were also some older people with very expensive motorcycles, and a group that looked like teenagers partying. The management did a good job keeping the elements separate, and we had a very quiet night.

Our cottage room was a little small, but had a nice bed, a TV, fridge and microwave. The bathroom was clean, and the towels were pretty decent. It was not old enough to be interesting, nor new enough to be a great deal for the money. Just a place to sleep.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2009

Obviously this is not a five-star, its 67.20 Canadian dollars!
For that much amount of money you simply can't go wrong with this place.
It's clean, no room service but their are SO many place close by with in 20 mins walk! and this is no minor exaggeration. Personally it's impractical to spend $150 a night when one wants to only spend a night in a clean area, have some fun shopping, eating , drinking, clubbing and then coming back to a place that's clean, noise free!! It doesn't offer a 52" plasma but it definitely does try with it's 20 " to impress.
It' s a little small but not cramped, it's clean in every level.

This is definitely moderate living, if you are looking for room service and not ordering or a spa then this not for you. otherwise all thumbs up for this amazingly priced, moderately situated place.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple