“beautiful”

Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra
Ranked #25 of 183 things to do in Winnipeg
More attraction details
Owner description: For 60 years the Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra has delighted audiences with its innovative programming and musical excellence. The WSO has become the celebrated hub of Winnipeg's rich cultural life and has gained international recognition for the International New Music Festival. Under the guidance of Music Director Alexander Mickelthwate the WSO's 2008-2009 concert performances feature world renowned guest conductors and artists, celebrates music from the great composers to the crowd-pleasing Pops. The WSO’s concert program runs September through May.
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“beautiful”
Reviewed December 28, 2011

There's no other option for filling in the date other than what's provided in the drop down menu... this happened around spring of 2009*

This experience, was by far the best time and money spent and I simply can not wait to do it again... I'm hoping to take my kids to see The Nutcracker!

Visited January 2011

Winnipeg
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“The Sound of Music”
Reviewed December 1, 2011

One of the best venues to experience world class music and concerts. Offers a great variety of shows for all ages. A must for all who live in Winnipeg.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Pleasantly surprised!”
Reviewed August 23, 2011

I only spent a few days in Winnipeg in the early fall. Heard about ‘Winterpeg’ and Winnipeg being known as the "Mosquito" capital of Canada (some people even believe that the mosquito is considered Manitoba's provincial bird!!!) but I actually liked the city a lot.

I guess, I was very fortunate because the weather was great, warm and sunny, and even on the verge of humid some days. No mosquitos :-)

I was in Winnipeg for a business related conference and stayed at the Fairmont Winnipeg which is located right on Lombard Place within a walking distance from all the attractions and from the great shopping places.

I asked my boyfriend (at the time) to join me on this trip and he declined my offer stating lack of time; I think he just didn’t want to go to Winnipeg in September. Well, what a pity; he missed out on a great trip!

Winnipeg has a lot to offer and the people are very friendly. The highlight of my stay was the Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra concert in the Centennial Concert Hall. What a treat!

Visited September 2010