“Delish!”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Winnipeg
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

After a total fail for dinner at a new restaurant; I wanted a guarantee for a wonderful desert! And this place never bombs! Had a great time and desert & coffee hit the spot! Fantastic!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

One of the locals we spoke to highly recommended Dessert Sinsations since it was close to the Winnipeg Art Gallery that we were planning to visit. It's a cute restaurant with a very comfortable decor. The food was unique and wonderful. We split a sandwich and each had a cup of soup. The soup was very flavorful and the sandwich was a wonderful mix of flavors. I'm usually more of a traditional kind of girl, but I loved the food. Our waitress was very friendly and helpful. The desserts look fantastic, but were pricey. A piece of cheesecake was approximately $9.25 US. So, I settled for a rum ball in the shape of a mouse at $4.50. It was wonderful. Lunch was light and the soup and sandwich combo was reasonably priced.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Desserts are exquisite tasty and generously served.
My steak sandwich was perfectly prepared and the house salad was highlighted by the dressing, not swimming in it. The light hand on the dressing of Caesar salads around the table was appreciated.
As we were preparing to leave the next shift was clearly excited. Dessert fans who had found nirvana. The happy noise reflected the slurping and exchanges...."just one taste, pleeease" Also a steady line at the dessert takeout.
I have also had lunch here and it is Excellent too

Reviewed August 19, 2013

A few of the foodies came here for lunch and we were pleasantly surprised with their selection. Breakfast items were available too, and their version of eggs benedict was a big hit. I had a chicken wrap and spicy soup which was very yummy. And then of course, the desserts. A very nice selection to choose from! I found out this place is open until late so it would be a great place to hang out for coffee too.

On the down side, I found the desserts too pricey (between $8 and $9.50 for a piece of torte or cheesecake). And there is limited parking so good luck with finding parking on the street.

1  Thank MaryAnn194
Reviewed August 11, 2013

The name can easily mislead you into thinking that you should come here for dessert. Dessert would be your highlight, as there are many undoubtedly delicious desserts on display. The Banana Caramel Cheesecake was excellent, as was the coffee that I had with it. Neither it nor the Lemon Lemon Torte were too sweet or heavy, ideal after our dinner entrées. We both chose the special of the day, fish tacos with a vegetable and chorizo soup. The fish was pan fried in butter, with just a bit of salt and pepper on it, delicious on its own. The tacos were delicious as well, with or without the fish. The entrées were on the smaller side and a bit pricey (quality over quantity), but they did leave room for us to have dessert. Overall, the meal was lovely. Service was very friendly and even remained nicely attentive as the restaurant filled to capacity. I would go back, but probably just for dessert.