“Awesome for breakfast”

Ranked #2 of 1,669 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: In December of 1999, Stella’s Café & Bakery opened its doors to the Winnipeg market at 166 Osborne Street. The concept utilized the talents and experience of each of the founders, Tore, Lehla, Tomas and Anneen to create a menu and environment focused on in-house baked breads, soups, jam, and sandwiches for dine-in or take-away. Simple, healthy, inspired offerings and friendly service propelled Stella’s to instant popularity. An understated approach and commitment to quality allowed the name of Stella’s to be promoted in the most powerful of manners, by word of mouth. And boy, did everyone like to talk about Stella’s. With the popularity of the first location, expansion became inevitable and, today, Stella’s operates multiple units in Winnipeg, with plans for further development in Winnipeg and beyond. Stella’s has expanded its menu and number of locations, but has never compromised its core values or commitment to quality.
Reviewed October 14, 2013

There are a few Stella's restaurants in Winnipeg but this is one of our favourite. Located on a busy street, parking can be tough. They do have a small lot in the back. The restaurant can get noisy if full but we enjoy the outdoor seating for that reason. The food here is very good. Portions are good. We usually go for breakfast and my favourite is the rancho huervo or mexican style eggs.
Lunch has a wide variety of sandwiches and ours have never been skimpy. On a weekend I would suggest getting there around 11:30 or you may have to wait.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

My daughter and I have been there many times and the food is always great and very fresh. Amazing bread, and a great offering of both unique menu choices and staples like breakfast all day. I would go here anytime.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We ate here on the first morning of our first trip to Winnipeg - my first trip to Canada. Excellent introduction! Service was friendly and prompt, food came quickly and was very good. it's not an inspiring space or location but more than made up for in quality and value.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

My wife and I recently ate at Stell's and asked for a take out order. They gave us someones leftovers and not what we ordered.

When we got home and noticed the incorrect order we called the restaurant and after being bounced around multiple people, the manager finally agreed to provide an email for a free meal at a later date. Given we paid for the meal and that we live 15 miles away, it is not a convenient location for us to redeem. I asked for a full refund and they would not agree to it. Given it was theri mistake, I felt that would have been a better solution. Terrible customer service.

2  Thank martitr
Reviewed October 5, 2013

A fun little cafe on Sherbrook. Had lunch there during the week and arrived around 12:30 p.m. and the restaurant was packed with a line up. We waited about 10 minutes and a table opened up. It is basically an open room so the noise can be quite loud. A variety of customers from business types to students to the retirees. It was a nice change to order breakfast and my eggs came with lean grass fed beef sausages. Our party also ordered the club house and caesar salad which appeared to have real chicken on it. Both servings were quite large. Prices were reasonable but service was a wee bit slow but that was because the place was jam packed. I would definitely go there again!