$136
Homewood
$102
FourPoints.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $113/night.

Mere Hotel(Winnipeg)
$160
$149
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewstavern uniteddinner theatertropical themefort garryhot tubbedroom suitegreat pool arealots of parkingcheck in was a breezekiddie poolhome away from homehotel staffwe've stayedplaymakersaltosstadiumremote
Reviewed January 29, 2010

$150 plus tax for a damaged run down kids theme room. theme room??? this might of been nice back in 1995 or now with routine maintenance but this room had nearly everything wrong with it. the theme itself was under the sea and the paint was all chipping. the theme room had 2 bunk beds crammed into a tiny cubical. each kids bed has it's own light but 2 lights did not work, one had no pull string to turn it on/off and the other had a dead bulb. the kids door was missing the handle completely, it was just a hole through the door.

the rolling arm chair in the main room looked like a cat used it as a scratching post for a few years. the tv showed its age(15years??) very well with fuzzy picture, bad sound and bad color. local calling was not free so bring a cell phone. the phone would ring non stop, so i unplugged it at night.

I asked front desk for some more pillows and they never came with them. I called front desk for some plates, forks and a large knife to cut a cake and after waiting 15 minutes i went to the restaurant and got them my self. the other plates never did come. once we finished eating i called front desk to see if they would come and get their dirty dishes, they said they would but after waiting 20 minutes i took them back myself. no one ever came for the dishes either.

I called front desk about 15 minutes after check in about the broken/damaged stuff and it took almost 3.5 hours and 3 more phone calls for somebody to come and tell me that they cant do anything about it tonight....WHAT???

and then there was the check out. I get to the front desk and the girl says "how was your stay?" I explained it to her and from the look on her face she either didn't care or is tired of hearing it everyday. I asked for a discount and was told no.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank jts360
Reviewed November 16, 2009

Overall, I must say that this hotel is actually very decent. It's not meant to be a luxury getaway, although I suppose it could be for some. My room was brand new and recently renovated...gorgeous. I had 2 new flat screen TVs and the decor was very nice. King size bed was great. High end for a primarily family focused hotel. I was blown away at how nice my room was. BUT....my room overlooked the pool. Aside from not having any natural light, and hearing people splash around like whales all evening, the worst was the fact that on at least 2 nights the pool staff left the lights on all night! And the curtains in the rooms don't fully seal and/or block the light. So not only did I have to look at fluorescent lights all day, I had them in my face all night too. Trying to reach staff via phone to get assistance was a bit of a Mission Impossible...the front desk staff were great...if you could ever get one on the phone. Sometimes I would call 3 times in 15 minutes and still no one would answer. Apparently this happened to others as well. What if a person need security in an emergency? The other "bad" thing was that the valet service "misplaced"/temporarily lost my clothes. As I am not a fan of public nudity, I was a bit concerned, but they did eventually find them at the end of the day. They also forgot to bill me for the cleaning, which may have been a courtesy comp, but I paid anyway. Food was good, room service was excellent (quick and efficient), they handled my food allergies well. Celebrations staff were excellent, they agreed to try and get me last minute tickets for a show, AND a special meal. Wow, very impressed there. I don't know how people can say the place was dirty, I found it very clean, with housekeeping always around polishing something. Even though I didn't want my room cleaned daily, they always offered me clean linens, towels, and toiletries. Front desk, housekeeping, and restaurant staff were all awesome. The tavern was convenient, and overall I think this hotel is a good place to stay with a lot of options and things to do. Close to everything that you need, although it is not centrally located or close to the airport. Lastly, the price is too steep for the class of hotel. It was not peak time when I stayed. I know that my room was brand new and nice, and you have to reap costs somewhere, but the fact is, you shouldn't charge a high end hotel price when the hotel is NOT high end. The price that I paid for my extended stay was the major drawback to this hotel. It's a good place to stay overall, but for the price I paid you should be getting first class service and a first class venue. Would stay there again though. Do NOT take the rooms that overlook the pool.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank TravelLight66
Reviewed August 27, 2009

Very convenient for us as we were visiting friends and relatives in the area.

Some of the rooms are very dark and with a window that opens onto a public corridor. I don't know who would want one of those, but we had no trouble exchanging rooms after finding ourselves in one.

Great cooked to order breakfast was included in the already reasonable rate.

Lots of restaurants/pubs nearby.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 6, 2009

I stayed here two nights to help present a seminar at the nearby Industrial Technology Centre affiliated with the University of Manitoba. Pluses: clean spacious room, blissfully quiet (I never heard a thing at night), excellent breakfast (eggs, juice, toast, bacon or sausage), tasty dinner buffet, taxicabs always available when I needed them, accessible by bus from airport (but requires change of buses). Small minus: desk service a bit slow (understaffed?), bill not shoved under door morning of departure, far side of town from airport (after all, it can't be close to university and airport at the same time).

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 26, 2009

The hotel is definately in need of some renovations. The hallways have scuffs, and marks all the way along the walls. The rooms are undersized. The bathroom is about the same size as a bathroom stall in the mall, with the addition of a tub and a sink. You can't close the door to the washroom without some acrobatics. I also found the beds to be poor quality, and there was alot of noise from the hallways and doors opening/closing. I don't think any of the other guests were being overly loud, there just wasn't much for insulation.

Lastly for the price of the hotel there are better properties in Winipeg. We paid about $150 for a Friday night.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple