$137
$164
$153
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewstavern uniteddinner theatertropical themefort garryhot tubbedroom suitegreat pool arealots of parkingcheck in was a breezekiddie poolhome away from homehotel staffwe've stayedplaymakersaltosstadiumremote
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My wife and I recently spent our 24th Anniversary in the Roman Theme Room. I looked at other theme rooms around the city of Winnipeg and found the ones at the Fort Garry location to be better than others offered at other hotels for the value. There is another Theme hotel in Winnipeg but they are very expensive.

The killer is all the taxes added on to the bill at the end, PST, GST, City Tax. the room was a little expensive but still better than others I have seen.

When we entered the room the room was well presented. (It had the wow factor). It definitely set the stage for the Anniversary weekend. A good size Jacuzzi style tub and king size bed complete with Roman pillars. There was a small microwave, bar fridge and coffee maker and small sink.

I did find it strange that I needed my room key to get ice from the ice machine ???

The next morning at 10am housekeeping knocked on the door and woke my wife and I up, I was not impressed. Especially since we were staying a second night so I would not have expected anyone to knock on the door until the early afternoon. I could see it if I was due to check out at 11am but you would think that housekeeping would have the information if a room was a stay over or not.

Saturday evening everyone must have been filling up their Jacuzzi tub at the same time because HOT WATER was hard to come by. When we heard the room beside us had stopped their water we waited another 15 minutes and then got hot water... however the water did have a yellow tinge to it. (the bottom of the barrel ???)

Sound... you can hear everyone that is walking up and down the hallways... especially the kids and of course everyone stops and comments on the DOOR to the theme room because it is done up in the special theme of the room. It makes you wonder how much people in the hall could hear from the room :(

Overall this is a nice facility and MOST of the staff show a high level of customer service.
there is lots of amenities in the area that makes this a good location.

Room Tip: A room at one of the ENDS of the halls would not have as many people walking past making noise.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Wade B, General Manager at Canad Inns Destination Centre Fort Garry, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We are honored that you would choose our hotel to celebrate your 24th anniversary! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do however, apologize for my housekeeping team waking you up on your second day. In order to better serve our guests, it is policy to refresh rooms everyday for guests visiting for several nights. We provide "do not disturb" signs for those who wish to have this service turned down or rescheduled. We should of done a better job informing you!

In regards to your water temperature and quality concern, we just completed installing brand new hot water tanks in our facility. In conjuntion with our maintenance department and general contractors, it was our opinion that our installation strategy would allow for this upgrade to take place without inconveniencing our guests. Unfortunately, we did run low of hot water first thing in the morning, our sincere apologies!

Finally, we have called an immediate meeting with our engineering department in order to address your noise concern. An initial investigation shows a slight gap between the door and the carperting. We will provide a prompt solution and I would be happy to share the outcome with you once a resolution has been implemented. Your profile states that you reside in Winnipeg, so perhaps during a future visit to our property you could send me a quick email outlining your visit and I would be happy to discuss this with you personally!

One behalf of Canad Inns Destination Centre Fort Garry, Happy Anniversary and thank you for visiting!

wbarkman@canadinns.com

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Recently spent two nights here an a family matter. We had a suite which consisted of a king bedroom, sitting room, and bathroom. It was on the ground floor near the check in and dining area. It was surprisingly quiet the first night but a little noisy the next as a large family with young children ran up and down the halls until about midnight. The rooms were older, but well maintained. This property is almost a resort as they have a small casino, very large and well patronized buffet, many special events rooms and a dinner theatre. The Friday night seafood buffet was awesome and reasonably priced. We reserved a small meeting room for a light brunch with beer and wine. The food was well done and the servers kept a good eye on it and replaced as needed. Even though the Inn is old and heavily used, the service was excellent and everything was well maintained.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Wade B, General Manager at Canad Inns Destination Centre Fort Garry, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the pleasant review of our property during your recent stay with us! We take pride in the fact our hotel offers a variety of activities and attractions which can be enjoyed by our visiting guests. Also, thank you for noting your appreciation towards the cleanliness, service and quality of food, I will be sure to pass these comments on to the rest of my team.

On behalf of Canad Inns Destination Centre Fort Garry, we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again in the near future!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Staff very friendly and helpful. Room very clean and very practical like they have fridge, microwave, iron, coffee machine and service was great. Free newspaper. Food at the restaurant was great. We recently had two week stay in Miami Beach hotels which was 4 star at the beach. Compare to this hotel that is lower standard. Canada is doing great. Front desk coordinator name Mahneet went out of her way to help us giving us all the information around town, The best on our last day, hotel drop us at the airport with NO COST. Keep up Canad. Next time I am in Winnipeg I know where to stay. Oh - must mention about the pool and Waterslide. it was the best.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Gurpal a
Wade B, General Manager at Canad Inns Destination Centre Fort Garry, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Canad Inns Destination Centre Fort Garry during your recent visit to Winnipeg. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to a future stay with us!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed at the Canada Inn Fort Garry this past Friday where we went to the Celebrations Dinner Theater, which was fun. Our suite was nice, the bed was very comfortable. Newspaper is delivered free to your room. After my morning shower I put on my jewelry, incl earrings and we left the hotel fairly soon after that. At our first stop I realized one earring was missing, so I phoned and talked to Denise at the reception, explaining I had lost an earring, and that it was probably in the hotel. 10 minutes later she called me back, she had my earring at the front desk. I was so happy to get it back and really appreciate the effort put out by staff at that hotel!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank breezybender

Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of Canad Inns Destination Centre Fort Garry, we are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us! In addition, our current Celebrations show "Friends Reunion" has received positive reviews, I'm glad you were entertained there as well. But most importantly, I'm pleased that Denise could assist in finding your lost jewlery. We will be sure to recognize Denise for her efforts internally as well.

Please stop in to visit us again soon!

Reviewed May 19, 2013

My husband and I recently celebrated our anniversary at Canad Inns Fort Garry with a quick overnight get away. The suite we booked into was clean and well appointed with a relaxing king sized bed. When my husband booked he told the staff it was our anniversary and when we arrived at our room there was a lovely small fruit basket and card. Thank you to Canad Inns and staff for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PATRICIA B
Wade B, General Manager at Canad Inns Destination Centre Fort Garry, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Thank you Patricia for your kind review, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. On behalf of our entire team at Canad Inns Destination Centre Fort Garry, Happy Anniversary! We hope to have an opportunity to serve you again in the near future.