“Special Night Out”

Canad Inns Destination Centre Fort Garry
Ranked #41 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My husband and I recently celebrated our anniversary at Canad Inns Fort Garry with a quick overnight get away. The suite we booked into was clean and well appointed with a relaxing king sized bed. When my husband booked he told the staff it was our anniversary and when we arrived at our room there was a lovely small fruit basket and card. Thank you to Canad Inns and staff for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PATRICIA B
Wade B, General Manager at Canad Inns Destination Centre Fort Garry, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Thank you Patricia for your kind review, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. On behalf of our entire team at Canad Inns Destination Centre Fort Garry, Happy Anniversary! We hope to have an opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Assistant General Manager

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great location, centralized to get to the malls quickly and effortlessly, but the front desk staff could be friendlier which would go a long way in their customer service area. Clean rooms, great waterpark for the kids (small and noisy). Celebrations Dinner Theatre is right inside the hotel where the put on great performances and their bartender there is amazing! That's what customer service should be like.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank WpgSoccerMom
Wade B, General Manager at Canad Inns Destination Centre Fort Garry, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for submitting your review in regards to your recent stay with Canad Inns Destination Centre Fort Garry. We are pleased that your found our location convenient, rooms comfortable and the hotel entertaining. I do however, regret that you did not find one of our front desk associates helpful during your stay. I often have the pleasure of receiving great guest feedback about this departments team and willingness to assist with every request. I do appreciate your comments about our dinner theatre bartenders, we will ensure that your comments reach them!

Assistant General Manager
Canad Inns Destination Centre Fort Garry

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed a few nights at the end of February...Rooms were clean and spacious...bathrooms were sparkling clean as well. Restaurant on site was good. There is a very cheap breakfast special every morning.

There is a roadhouse type bar attached to the hotel. Good selection of food and drink at reasonable prices.

There is also a dinner-theater within the hotel complex and conference rooms for business activities.

The hotel is a short drive to downtown. It is surrounded by lots of different restaurants and there is a shopping mall a few minutes away.

Good value and worth a visit.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank trace l
Wade B, General Manager at Canad Inns Destination Centre Fort Garry, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your satisfaction of your recent stay at Canad Inns Destination Centre Fort Garry! We are pleased that you had an opportunity to visit several of our outlets, including AALTOS Garden Cafe, Tavern United Pub, and Celebrations Dinner Theatre. Additionally, we have a waterpark and gaming lounge. Directly next door, we house several other Canad Inns operated facilities, including Playmakers, Garbonzo's Pizza, and AREA Nightclub. We are fortunate to have a variety of in-house entertainment for our guests to visit when spending the night or leaving our banquet and conference centre. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We booked our daughters 9th birthday here and everything was fantastic! The staff were great, the kids had a blast in the pool area and to top it off we had an hour limo ride and the girls felt like celebrity's.I would recommend spending a little extra for the limo ride after wards.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank chad014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Canad Inns Destination Centre Fort Garry to host your daughters 9th birthday! Our pool party program has been a very popular birthday activity "alternative", providing lunch or dinner, and access to Splasher's Waterpark. On behalf of our team, we thank you for allowing us to assist in making her birthday special!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Great place. Everyone, including the restaraunt staff seemed to be having a good time. I came with my friend and our 2 kids. The kids had such a great time in the pool & during their " sleep -over". My girlfriend and I enjoy the pool & a little " big- kid" time later that night in Playmakers. We all really enjoyed our stay.
The only down fall was the price of the Sunday Brunch for 2 adults and 2kids. Yikes!! It was pretty good though, felt the price was just a bit outrageous also considering it did not even include a drink.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Storyup

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind comments regarding your recent stay with Canad Inns Destination Centre Fort Garry! We are proud to have a team that is so committed to ensuring guest satisfaction. I am particularly pleased, that in return it translates into a fun and positive hotel culture. We look forward to another opportunity to host your family and friends in the near future!

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Be warned that if you stay at this hotel you need to be aware that the upgraded rooms are fabulous but if you land up in one of the old rooms you will be sorry you ever chose this hotel! I had stayed here before and really enjoyed the hotel - however I was shocked at the room I got on this trip -I arrived and was exhausted - the twin queen beds were lumpy - the bed springs on the one bed made me glad I was on my own as I could sleep in the other - not a great night. The carpet is old and stained - the tiles in the bathroom look awful - old stained and missing grout - (Take note that this is Not a cleaning issue -the rooms are just old and abused!
I pity the cleaning staff working in these rooms)
I was going to book out but decided to call the front desk - Denise could not have been a better ambassador - the staff moved me and could not have been more professional.
I write this so whoever owns this hotel can take note that upgrades are needed - but you must know this already!

Room Tip: Only stay in the upgraded rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank anafricanincanada

Dear Valued Guest,

I regret that your initial impression of our guest rooms did not meet your expectations. Your concerns were immediately investigated after vacating your room. However, I am pleased my Guest Service Agents were able to quickly amend your concerns and promptly provide you with another room. Canad Inns recognizes the importance of regular inspections and product maintenance to ensure we stay current in the hospitality industry. Over the past few years, we have facilitated many large renovations across the hotel including our banquet facilities, guest rooms, and common areas. We will continue to remodel our facility as opportunities arise to better serve our guests.

Best Regards,

Reviewed January 20, 2013

We came here for a school trip and have stayed in a different Canad Inns before and had a great stay so we were happy to be staying there. But this hotel is not to be rated any where near as good as the other one! When we arrived and checked in the staff were helpful, and we were given rooms on the second floor, so naturally we went to the elevator. There was 9 of us and we all piled in to the elevator it was a bit tight, but it should of only been a few second ride so we weren`t worried. Well, the two second ride never happend, it turned out to be a 45 minute ride that ended up in us walking up the stairs instead! When we got in the elevator and pressed the second floor button it suddenly lurched down and stopped. We pressed the second floor button again to no avail. We kept pressing the button for a few seconds for another few minutes so we pressed the emergency button we tried to press the open door button on the instruction of the elevator company. So then we called the front desk, we told them we were stuck in the elevator, she said she knew and other than that didn`t seem that bothered. She said the technician would be 10 minutes so after 20 minutes we called again she still didn`t seem bothered! then after another 5, we called again and said we wanted updates- regularly. Then the manager called and asked me how I was in a bright bubbly tone! When I expressed my concern she giggled on the end of the phone! She said the Technician would be ten minutes away. So then 10 minutes the technician opened the door! After we had used the STAIRS to get to our rooms we went to the front desk and still they didn`t seem bothered! The receptionist even told us this thing had happened before!
Now when we have a choice to use Elevators or Stairs we choose the Stairs!!!!
and also when we got to our rooms our keys wouldn`t work.
In My room only when my daughter sat on the bed it went sideways and then we heard something snap and then the bed would move like a see-saw whenever and whereever you sat on it.
It was a very bad experience for us and the school trip.
There was a total lack of customer care here for our stay and terrible experience.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends